Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 09:18 PM

305 posts, read 449,859 times

Advertisements

Let's just cut to the chase when giving people moving advice: half the people that move there can't stand the place and leave within 5 years. Someone please tell me I'm wrong. I would love to hear a more favorable percentage so y'all can justify the brainwashing that takes place on this site.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 09:53 PM

474 posts, read 1,455,042 times
You're wrong.

See, I can say that because I state it with as much authority as you state that "half the people that move there can't stand the place and leave within 5 years" as you provide zero evidence to prove your assertion. It's easy!

Why is Seattle the fastest growing city in the country? Would seem that a net shedding of half of its newcomers every 5 years would prevent that from happening. Of course, it's more likely that you're just oddly bitter and want to have folks come down with you.

Stop trolling and add to the forum.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Assuming your generalization is correct (and I would like to understand the methodology used to determine "can't stand this place" LOL), how is this 'finding' applicable to the individual? How would a prospective resident know (ahead of the move) if they are the 50% that will leave in 5 years or the 'brainwashed' 50% and believe this is utopia? And what "more favorable percentage" are you hoping to hear from.. the ones who were unlucky like you and had to leave??? You might be disappointed if that's the case... more than likely those who were unhappy and decided to leave the state also left this forum and aren't annoyingly trolling around here anymore.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 PM

719 posts, read 986,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
Let's just cut to the chase when giving people moving advice: half the people that move there can't stand the place and leave within 5 years. Someone please tell me I'm wrong. I would love to hear a more favorable percentage so y'all can justify the brainwashing that takes place on this site.
I hated Seattle. I love Skagit County. I also think I would enjoy living in Kitsap, Jefferson or Clallam Counties.

Seattle lacks a soul. It's a city utterly devoid of a unique culture or even its own compelling vibe. Its citizenry shamble around like zombies, intermingling at will with the massive homeless population. The people who find Seattle terrible are reasonable. It's the city itself that isn't.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:58 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
I like Seattle, but the local politics (totalitarianism lite) has finally gotten to me. I have no choice but to move because with the new minimum wage law it's only a matter of time until my job closes its doors and I'm done with.

I'm gonna try Houston, Dallas, or Charlotte next. I'd prefer Charlotte because I'm not a fan of the heat, and cannabis is decriminalized there already, although Texas most likely will decriminalize in a year or two.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:09 AM

217 posts, read 411,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I like Seattle, but the local politics (totalitarianism lite) has finally gotten to me. I have no choice but to move because with the new minimum wage law it's only a matter of time until my job closes its doors and I'm done with.

I'm gonna try Houston, Dallas, or Charlotte next. I'd prefer Charlotte because I'm not a fan of the heat, and cannabis is decriminalized there already, although Texas most likely will decriminalize in a year or two.
huh? you prefer Charlotte bc you're not a fan of the heat?!?!?! Have you been there? It's hot as HADES. I lived there for 8 years. The difference is that CLT is also humid as h*ll, where Texas heat is dry. I walked out of the airport last week and it hit me like a nasty, wet blanket of misery.
Cannabis is decriminalized there already? LOL! Please share where your info is coming from! Please make sure you can find a job there before-hand! The economy is vastly different - read: crappy - from Seattle.

Don't half the people who move most anywhere hate it? Isn't it a given that you'll find people who love it, some who tolerate it and probly a majority who don't like it (and are hence online bc they have nothing else to do) regarding anywhere?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:18 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
When I visited Seattle I really enjoyed the two week stay however, I know I would not like to live there.
It is too damp and I got shocked every time I touched something when I did not have shoes on which was most of the time.
I also do not enjoy daily rain and clouds blocking all the sunlight.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

Charlotte isn't hot?? Interesting news to me..

Old 06-30-2014, 12:36 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
Another silly thread. Bet OP either doesn't even live in Seattle, or he's too poor to live in the fun parts. Where are you living OP?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:42 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times
Are there exit interviews?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area