Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 06:25 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierhobo View Post
Sure it is partially catharsis. But most importantly a warning. I was thrust into this market, pretty blindly (took a 20k pay increase, not knowing I'd be a pauper in once cool city #2 up north). I really didn't choose to step into this problem.

There is an intrinsic happiness to being right (as a Math major, maybe I over indulge in it), especially when against "common wisdom."

On the positive side, I get to run away for a month and watch the rents nose dive. You could argue it's the hiring freeze from Amazon, but I think, as stated, it's the blanket coming off and exposing the sick man underneath.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, as they say.

In the meantime, it seems Seattle leads the nation again in Feb’s YOY price increase: Seattle ties record for leading the nation in home prices | KOMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 11:32 AM

16 posts, read 19,347 times
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Amazon lay offs. No website lasts forever. Well... maybe google...

Old 03-01-2018, 11:54 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Playtrix, you're joking, right? I can't imagine you really think the whole world is going to stop buying things online.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:14 PM

320 posts, read 513,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, as they say.

In the meantime, it seems Seattle leads the nation again in Feb’s YOY price increase: Seattle ties record for leading the nation in home prices | KOMO
I realize this was a zombie thread from 2 months ago, but when the original article starts with "biggest decrease in rents" and then later in the article it says "2.9%" and then even later they say that's just a drop of the percentage raised vs average (and not an actual rent drop...) I mean, this is just shoddy journalism. Thanks for bringing back some recent numbers to show the BS of the original article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtrix View Post
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Amazon lay offs. No website lasts forever. Well... maybe google...
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Playtrix, you're joking, right? I can't imagine you really think the whole world is going to stop buying things online.
Both of you are joking, right? You do realize Amazon is more than just "a website where people buy stuff" right? Even AWS (Amazon Web Services) makes more money than Amazon.com. They have some many projects out there making money that aren't related to their retail business.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:37 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Yes eightbit, quite aware. I gave the example most people could relate to, with a little tongue and cheek thrown in.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:29 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Both the condo market and SFH market remain strong in Seattle. Condos have seen a 22% YOY increase in Feb, and SFH sales have reached an all time high with a median sales figure of $777,000 in Feb. Lucky 7s!

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...-the-eastside/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area