Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 AM

5 posts, read 5,283 times

Advertisements

My sister wants me to move to Seattle with her and I debating to go. She works for Amazon and she wants me to get a intern job there with her. It’s a lot of things going on in Atlanta and a fresh start will help. I’m currently in college online and I work for att customer service rep., I will be graduating soon. She has a nice condo there and I willingly to go but I can’t stay with her forever I have to get a job and apartment and that’s a lot. I know that Seattle is very costly. Now, I pay for $1050 for rent in downtown Atlanta and Utilities about $150-$200. She told me I can stay how long I need to I am a person I don’t like to stay with people. This is not the first time she ask me to stay with her. What’s is some near cities in Seattle that I can move to. She told me about a nice college call Northwestern in Kirkland Wa? Any Suggests? And please no rude comments.

Last edited by Qkittykat; 03-15-2018 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: What’s not finish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 09:40 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,244,428 times
Seattle is a great city and you would thoroughly enjoy it. I left DC and moved there. I thought I would stay a couple of years and ended up staying 13 years. Do not live across Lake Washington in places like Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond. You will find rent just as or more expensive than Seattle. Rent in dt Seattle is much more expensive than dt Atlanta. I would check out Seattle neighborhoods like Capitol Hill, the Central District, Madison Valley, Madrona and Leshi. The neighborhoods are just east of dt.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:51 AM

591 posts, read 820,740 times
The college in Kirkland is Northwest University, if you say Northwestern you might confuse some people

The cities surrounding Seattle are quite expensive but Kirkland is a nice town and has great location, so it's probably worth the cost.

If you're looking to be closer to the action, I'd follow pwright1's suggestion and look into Seattle neighborhoods (east and south of downtown, north of downtown is $$$).

Old 03-15-2018, 10:04 AM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Do it

Old 03-17-2018, 08:36 AM

822 posts, read 857,822 times
you only live once. Do it. If you don't like it, you don't have to stay forever.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:54 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
kittykat, If a room is available, why not just come live with her for awhile? Even if you go back to Atlanta, it would be a cool experience. I'm from Miami originally and I can tell you that compared to the South, racism and hot muggy weather are almost non-existent here.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:20 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Okay, I'm going to be "rude". While what you've written is not as bad of a "garble" as some that I've read here, it is bad enough (with some 18 grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and other errors in a little more than seven lines of text). If you wish to succeed in whatever your career choice might be, wherever you choose to pursue it, you need to focus on your basic English writing skills.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:50 AM

5 posts, read 5,283 times
I’m so sorry that I have to correct everything dude. Zip it UP!

Old 03-17-2018, 11:24 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
In Seattle, you can actually live downtown, never need a car.
Atlanta, downtown is full of hotels and use to be dead in the evenings (convention experience).

Seattle is very much a build your network, town.
Your sister is lucky to be able to have a place of her own. But having a roommate eases the burdens of single living. Both of you can benefit.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:28 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qkittykat View Post
I’m so sorry that I have to correct everything dude. Zip it UP!
Unfortunately that’s a very seattle attitude, many here have a supreme sense of smug intellectual superiority that’s completely unfounded (oh wait, they listen to NPR on the way to Starbucks in their electric shoebox cars and impose their recycling ways on everyone), so cost and terrible weather aside, I’d also take that into consideration.

What are you studying in school? There’s a ton of internship opportunities here for techies, hell an Amazon internship (in tech or even customer service) sure would look awesome on that resume. And I’d definitely say the eastside is worth the cost if you can swing it, Seattle resembles a homeless garbage dump full of used needles and tents on every corner, the eastside is far nicer and more civilized. Also consider cheaper eastern areas like North Bend if you don’t mind a little more of a commute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area