Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 PM

854 posts, read 4,140,829 times

Advertisements

My husband and I get 6 hours -- from 5pm to 11pm -- to get out on Saturday April 19th. This will be our first "date night" all year, so I'd like to do something a little better than catch a movie.

Don't want to have to get TOO fancy... I MIGHT wear a skirt or slacks, and he might get out of his jeans, but nothing super-formal.

We're leaving from Bellevue near 405 and 520. I'd like to get out and see Seattle at night - out of the car, without the baby!

Any recommendations? I've heard the dinner cruise is fun, but it looks like there is dancing, and we aren't dancers. (I'm sure you don't HAVE to dance, but if everyone else is?... dunno). Is it nice?

Any really great places to have dinner? Particularly on the water?

Suggestions appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:55 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
One of my suggestions is El Gaucho on 1st and Bell. Its a cool hip swanky restaurant with a great piano bar and great food. You can also head downstairs to the Pampus Room where you will hear live jazz. Downtstairs its cozy and intimate plus the food and drinks are fantastic. The band is great and they play some of the old standards that always sound good. People do get up and dance but many don't, its your choice. I'm a regular and I take many out of town friends, family and dates there all the time. This is my all time favorite Seattle night spot. I highly recommend. I also forgot to mention they do have a few beautiful hotel suites upstairs just in case you decide to stay overnight. Also parking is no problem. Valet is right out front for your convenience.

Welcome to El Gaucho Steakhouse - Seattle (http://www.elgaucho.com/elgaucho/_seattle/index.htm - broken link)

Old 03-27-2008, 08:55 PM

74 posts, read 447,871 times
We went to Teatro Zinzanni and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food & show were both great.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 PM

228 posts, read 687,057 times
Default A suggestion

When my wife and I visited Seattle, we had a nice dinner at Shea Lounge, right at Pike's Place Market. It was a pretty romantic setting, and made for a nice couple of hours spent together relaxing and enjoying some excellent cuisine.

Shea's Lounge Page (http://www.chezshea.com/lounge.php - broken link)

You could do that, and maybe catch a show of some kind?

Good luck!

Joe

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,337,354 times
Ray's Boathouse on Shilshole Bay is good waterfront dining.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:58 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,061,557 times
Dahlia Lounge is always good, and it's a quintessential NW restaurant with a famous owner, Tom Douglas.

Black Bottle, in Belltown, has got a great atmosphere mix of hip and laidback. Tapas for $8 each!!! and great wine selection.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:41 PM

269 posts, read 1,243,687 times
Out on Alki Ave SW is a wonderful Middle Eastern place called Phoenicia. Outstanding food, and the proprietor is great. The restaurant is across the street from Alki Beach. The locale has a great view of downtown Seattle. You can walk on the beach before & after dinner (assuming, of course, the weather allows that to be something you'd want to do). Only downside is that parking in that area is tight.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:12 PM

277 posts, read 1,298,820 times
You can eat at the most expensive restaurant in Seattle wearing jeans and a polo, so no worries about 'dressing up' if you don't want to. I think Canlis is the only place that actually has a dress code these days.

If I were you, I'd go to Boat St Cafe at Denny & Western, in the NW Work Lofts building. Cozy and romantic, it's the best restaurant in the city right now, IMO. The food totally rocks.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:01 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,758 times
It's not in Seattle (not the one I'm talking about), but Salty's on Redondo is nice and on the water. You can go for a walk by the water there too. My personal fav is Maggiano's in Bellevue.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 PM

522 posts, read 2,626,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
My personal fav is Maggiano's in Bellevue.

Is this an Italian place? And does it have a louge to go into for a few drink after dinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area