Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 10:33 AM

14,486 posts, read 12,114,400 times

Advertisements

Muscles are biofilters. They thrive on docks in crowded, protected (poorly flushed) bays where the most concentrated human activity and pollution is... I think they're a marvelous lesson in how the earth cleans itself... but I wouldn't eat them.

Like eating the kitchen sponge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 09:14 AM

1,487 posts, read 782,363 times
Ivar Hagland says " Keep clam everyone". If other people get to have oxycodone in their mussels, I want beer & conch fritters.
🐚🍺

Old 05-31-2018, 10:09 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Full moon now. You can catch your clams mooning themselves. They are now most vulnerable but you have to be quick. There is a technique that I use to make this an advantage to a success clam hunt. Do you want to know?

Old 06-01-2018, 01:22 AM

91 posts, read 126,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
People blame George Soros for everything. Etc
I certainly am not inclined to blame Soros personally as I have no information to do such a thing. The amount of drugs being prescribed, smuggled, sold, used and dumped is staggering.

However it's easy to see which direction drug policy is going: Open Society Foundation and ACLU are working hard to make drug use a human right. And we all know where money for human rights issues comes from.

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.o...nd-drug-policy

https://www.aclu.org/other/aclu-stat...al-drug-policy

Just OSF runs workshops on this around the world!

So clam up anyone who doesn't want to see, hear or say anything. :-)

Old 06-01-2018, 10:13 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Full moon now. You can catch your clams mooning themselves. They are now most vulnerable but you have to be quick. There is a technique that I use to make this an advantage to a success clam hunt. Do you want to know?
Yes I do. Don't clam in a red tide though.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:54 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
I'm glad you asked.
On tides like today, the clams come out to expose themselves on the dry clam bed. Get a bunch of your well juiced drinking buddies/friends/GF/BF who team stampede them critters towards the water. Careful because you easily outrun them and accidentally step on them, thereby catching your clam. When the clams hit the water, they become helpless, they sink to the bottom and unsuccessfully try to swim away. They can't. You see, clams can hop very well on sand with one foot. But when they meet water they are like a rock. Clams only have that one foot and no matter how muscular it is, that one foot is ineffective for swimming. Besides they not fish, they are clams... no fins. Just reach down to pickup the poor things out of the water and into the boiling pot. Oregon beaches, 12 cockles, 12 butterclams (little necks) per person.
Science lesson. Clams shells eventually morph into limestone/marble, both are mined to make cement concrete, commonly called "Rocks" Because clams are basically Rocks, that is why they can't swim and why you can bounce a rock across firm ground.

Softshell clams, need a different technique

Last edited by leastprime; 06-01-2018 at 11:06 PM..

Old 06-06-2018, 09:41 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
OK, one more joke, I couldn't resist and made it up myself. What did one clam gangster say to the other? "Stop muscling in on my surf".

Old 06-06-2018, 01:53 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
OK, one more joke, I couldn't resist and made it up myself. What did one clam gangster say to the other? "Stop muscling in on my surf".
Hang on to that day job, Homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area