Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 07:45 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times

Advertisements

I never understood why a conservative wants to live in an area teeming with liberals and vice versa. It's like you're just looking for confrontations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 09:09 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I never understood why a conservative wants to live in an area teeming with liberals and vice versa. It's like you're just looking for confrontations.
I'm left leaning, but I didn't enjoy living in Seattle proper partly because of the lack in political diversity so we moved to the Eastside. I find that there is simply less identity politics, of any sort really, in diverse neighborhoods and this pleases me.

Walking up and down stairways in Seattle neighborhoods is our idea of a good time and I'm always amused by the "black lives matter" signs littering yards in Seattle's most privileged and ethnically homogenous neighborhoods. Which black lives are they talking about? Clearly not the neighbors... in which case it comes off as nothing more than virtue signaling. In other words, identity politics... which I seem to have less and less tolerance for... and I'm glad my HOA prohibits such signs in my neighborhood!

Old 06-21-2019, 09:24 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,275 times
This thread is old. Did the OP ever move here?

Old 06-23-2019, 09:08 PM

464 posts, read 286,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdboulder View Post
Hi All,
Our family is considering a move to the Seattle suburbs, and a friend of our suggested Sammamish. I haven't been in person, but the homes look beautiful and the schools look like they are great too. I have one question maybe someone can help me with- is it very conservative in Sammamish? We are coming from Boulder Colorado, which is the ultimate in very liberal, artsy, free thinkers. Would it be a culture shock to move to Sammamish? I read somewhere it's very conservative, considering how liberal Seattle is. Is that true? I would love some input from those who live there or know it well on what it's like. I do lean liberal and wonder if I would feel like I fish out of water.

Thanks for your advice!

I think it's probably mixed, I've met quite a few people living in Sammamish and most seemed pretty liberal, but I'm a liberal so that might taint my impression some.

I know this though, Sammamish/Issaquah is my favorite place in the whole country, I bet you are just going to LOVE IT!

Here is a vid from Issaquah "Salmon Days" which is not far away, October 5th and 6th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGNq7HLo9Q

Be prepared to be about as happy as a place can make you!

Thx

Old 06-25-2019, 02:58 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
Sammamish is s beautiful area. Let's hope and pray that it is still more conservative then the rest of looney liberal seattle with it's smug liberal elitists. Seattle also has a very anti social, guarded, icy populace. Best not to attempt to strike up conversations with strangers. People hate space Invaders in Seattle and cringe when approached. Best to stay to yourself. If your a single male in Seattle be prepared to encounter nothing but Trump hating, self centered women with guards up ten miles high. Seattle is the black hole of dating in America. Liberal elitists are about 60 times more likely to be loners and to shun others..and to be extremely reserved and distant. For a joyous, warm hearted, jovial and happy social life...I suggest people look to conservative areas of the USA. Especially the southern states.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 06-25-2019 at 03:07 AM..

Old 06-25-2019, 07:45 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Sammamish is s beautiful area. Let's hope and pray that it is still more conservative then the rest of looney liberal seattle with it's smug liberal elitists. Seattle also has a very anti social, guarded, icy populace. Best not to attempt to strike up conversations with strangers. People hate space Invaders in Seattle and cringe when approached. Best to stay to yourself. If your a single male in Seattle be prepared to encounter nothing but Trump hating, self centered women with guards up ten miles high. Seattle is the black hole of dating in America. Liberal elitists are about 60 times more likely to be loners and to shun others..and to be extremely reserved and distant. For a joyous, warm hearted, jovial and happy social life...I suggest people look to conservative areas of the USA. Especially the southern states.
Hey Folk,

Come on down to my little Madison Park neighborhood on a summer night. Lots of nice people, little pub called the Attic that has been here since the 1950s, crazy fun trivia night on Tuesdays run by a foul mouthed (that's her schtick) woman originally from New Jersey. Irish pub with friendly people owned by a guy from Belfast. We even have a dive bar with old carpet and pool tables called the Red Onion. My old neighborhood in Phinney Ridge had some cool little spots too. I don't disagree with some of the things you say but dude! Don't be so black and white. I meet 5 people a day here that i could be friends with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area