Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 02:17 PM

905 posts, read 1,103,725 times

Advertisements

uniquetraveler - You beat me to posting a thread about that very link you posted (To be fair, it's probably better in here than a whole new thread anyway).

One thing is certain - the west coast seems to be dominating these types of studies lately, with Seattle portrayed as the leader of the pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 12:05 PM

1,305 posts, read 856,704 times
Good. I hope one buys my house.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:39 PM

8,172 posts, read 8,310,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
Good. I hope one buys my house.

Unicorn, if you are in Seattle , chances are they will. I have about 6 of them right now looking for homes, where's your place?

Old 07-24-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Unicorn, if you are in Seattle , chances are they will. I have about 6 of them right now looking for homes, where's your place?
I wish! In King County, but outside of Seattle. Covington. Small house....might make a nice starter home for some millennial! Have to figure out where I'm going before putting it on the market, though! If I had put it up when I meant to in May, I'd be on the street right now! And I have a very patient realtor, but thanks!
Are people still interested in starter type homes? All you hear about is million dollar homes......

Old 07-24-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I wish! In King County, but outside of Seattle. Covington. Small house....might make a nice starter home for some millennial! Have to figure out where I'm going before putting it on the market, though! If I had put it up when I meant to in May, I'd be on the street right now! And I have a very patient realtor, but thanks!
Are people still interested in starter type homes? All you hear about is million dollar homes......

You'll be fine, it's all connected. I was just in Kent the other day. Can't afford Bellevue, you go to Renton, can't afford Renton, you go to Kent. Just make the place look sweet, remember little things like washing windows. Really become knowledgeable about what things have actually sold for in your micro area in the last 60 days. Price strongly but fairly, get great high definition photos and orchestrate the process so the listing is able to have open house exposure before you entertain offers.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:57 PM

From what I've seen, homes in my area are selling well and for around $300,000. Not really worried....more worried about picking the right retirement location! But that's another forum topic!

Old 07-24-2018, 04:30 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,950,643 times
This city is for under 30- 32 crowd. I am 48 and consider myself ancient by Seattle standards.

That said, my view on age is a bit colored differently. I'm Chinese in my culture women not married by 28 is old, flight attendants are forced to leave the job by mid 30s due to looking " old".

Last edited by 87112; 07-24-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 07-24-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
This city is for under 30- 32 crowd. I am 48 and consider myself ancient by Seattle standards.

That said, my view on age is a bit colored differently. I'm Chinese in my culture women not married by 28 is old, flight attendants are forced to leave the job by mid 30s due to looking " old".

Depends on where you live, 87112. Places like Laurelhurst, Madison Park, Mount Baker, Seward Park, Magnolia still have an older demographic.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:14 PM

656 posts, read 813,989 times
For some techies west of the Cascades, maybe.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 AM

240 posts, read 195,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquetraveler View Post
New study ranks Seattle as America's best big city to live in

by KOMO Staff

Sigma Sreedharan Photography

A new study released Monday ranks Seattle as the nation's best big city to live in.

The report, by personal finance website WalletHub, compared the 62 largest U.S. cities based on 56 key indicators of attractiveness, from the quality of public schools and life expectancy to job opportunities and property taxes.
When all of these factors were combined, Seattle came out with the highest overall score. The study's authors say this shows the Emerald City's ability to tackle its problems and emphasize its strengths more efficiently than other cities.
The study found that Seattle is first in the nation for income growth and access to public transportation, and sixth in the nation for its quality of life.
The city scored above average in several other areas as well, including its job opportunities, air quality and walkability.
But the city didn't score well in all areas.
Seattle's housing affordability is worse than average, the study found, and the city's public hospital system and park system were only about average. Violent crime is a problem in Seattle as well, the study found.
Other large cities with high scores were No. 2, Virginia Beach, Va.; No. 3, Austin, Texas; No. 4, San Francisco; and No.5, San Diego, Calif.

http://komonews.com/news/local/new-s...ity-to-live-in

^^^ I do agree with the study, Seattle is by far the best city if I have lived in US.. from midwest, east coast, south to west. Weather wise I would tilt towards california, but the cost of living and tax benefits outweighs the sunshine..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area