Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 08:22 AM

301 posts, read 312,182 times

Advertisements

Ok I finished my morning coffee and feeling better now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 10:30 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_b View Post
Sure...his profile is full of cliche inflammatory “right-wing” posts, almost generic looking. Comes back after long time into this thread and randomly drops almost exactly same message. If he moved anywhere, it was further to St. Petersburg suburbs. It’s an expensive city, you know; and it’s not like troll factory employees are making a fortune.
I think he should join Rotse Cherut, wherever he ended up. They're like two peas in a pod.

Which St. Petersburg did you have in mind, btw? My favorite one, on the Neva? Or Florida?

Old 09-30-2019, 10:32 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_b View Post
Ok I finished my morning coffee and feeling better now!
Thanks for the update! Enjoy your day!

Old 09-30-2019, 11:58 AM

4,597 posts, read 2,988,358 times
Default how many other places...

attract the same CD complaint so many times that it might as well be inscribed on their city seals?

for Seattle, it's "guys can't get dates"

for SF, it's "homeless people everywhere"

does San Diego have an official complaint? how about Denver?

Old 09-30-2019, 12:07 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
attract the same CD complaint so many times that it might as well be inscribed on their city seals?

for Seattle, it's "guys can't get dates"

for SF, it's "homeless people everywhere"

does San Diego have an official complaint? how about Denver?
What? Seattle, brands, seals????

Old 09-30-2019, 04:19 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Which island? Sounds great! There's nothing like getting back to a cool climate after the Southwest heat!
Anderson.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:36 PM

301 posts, read 312,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think he should join Rotse Cherut, wherever he ended up. They're like two peas in a pod.

Which St. Petersburg did you have in mind, btw? My favorite one, on the Neva? Or Florida?
Haha the one on Neva! (rumors are troll factory HQ is there)
I didn’t get to visit either St Petersburg but really wanted to. Maybe some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
I’d just go with this thread title, I think it’s perfect. I envision Seattle seal with top half circle saying “DON'T Move to Seattle, it SUCKS!” and then the bottom half would say “(Most of Washington too)”.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:41 AM

17 posts, read 27,579 times
After living in the Tacoma area for several years I can agree with some of the op's comments about how much this place sucks. Middle class incomes cannot afford Seattle's prices (renting or buying) so they move down here or north to Everett. Everywhere you go around the Puget cesspool you see homeless and ghetto, including the suburbs where there's public transit. You basically have to work and commute to or near Seattle to make a living wage now to afford Tacoma (I have to do it). There's something really wrong with many of the locals, at least a quarter of the population is on drugs, have mental issues, or just plain anti social. I've been all over the state, and found most people fall into one of 4 categories: techies, yuppies, junkies, and poor white trash. I'm currently saving $ and hopefully I'll be out of this awful place and back in the Midwest within a year. I'll miss the weather (I like the rain), and the beautiful forests and mountains, but most of the people are the ugliest I've ever met (fyi all the friends I've made here are from the South, Midwest, and East Coast). This place is a Californian's paradise (many of the transplants from there recreated their own cesspool by voting for more idiots.) I hate the entire West Coast, including Oregon (they ruined that state, too.)

Old 10-01-2019, 01:21 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaite79 View Post
I'm currently saving $ and hopefully I'll be out of this awful place and back in the Midwest within a year.
Yes, we have our share of transfers to Des Moines, IA. I didn't realize that it had gotten so bad. Seattle was quite nice the last time I was there, but it was almost 20 years ago! Ditto for Portland, OR -- a friend was just out there last month and told me that I would be quite shocked at the changes to downtown.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:48 PM

513 posts, read 498,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Yes, we have our share of transfers to Des Moines, IA. I didn't realize that it had gotten so bad. Seattle was quite nice the last time I was there, but it was almost 20 years ago! Ditto for Portland, OR -- a friend was just out there last month and told me that I would be quite shocked at the changes to downtown.
Yeah, pretty much Seattle has become a rich persons town now. Very pretty to visit, but not good for modest earners. I would not recommend it to anyone middle income - it's a hard slog here and you'll deal with a lot more social problems than you would elsewhere. We are slowly becoming life SF - well to do locals and foreigners, and people dependent on social services.

Like most places, if you can afford to live in wealthier neighborhoods insulated from the homeless problem, it's better. (The police leave the homeless to their own devices mostly, but miraculously they never seem to set up camp in the really nice neighborhoods.)

The city attorney has broadcast that they won't charge for shoplifting and drug dealing on the smaller scale, so you can imagine the effect that has on the streets. The cops don't even bother now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area