Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 12:47 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Love Mariners games! Beautiful stadium. Even vegan dogs!

As I read it, I don't think the OP wants people to be insulted or attacked in a hateful manner. He said he loves the stadium, but felt the rules could be enforced without blaring them out. He also seems to enjoy old-timey baseball talk, which seems harmless as written. If we heard OP say, "C'mon BLUE. the ball was in your mother's ear....!" my kids and I would probably die laughing. That kind of thing reminds me of going to ballgames as a little girl.

Couldn't these rules be printed on the ticket, be posted at entrances, anything other than blasted at full volume? I don't want bad apples at the game, but I don't want my kids hearing something so negative, either. We're there to have fun. (Unless, OP, you meant the type size increased when you said "volume"?)
What a great post. It was fun and yes I think everyone knows that you can't misbehave and stay in the park but blaring them out destroys part of the fun. Fans don't change that much, we like a hot dog a cold beer and good baseball debate. The whole PC thing is out of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 08:08 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
What a great post. It was fun and yes I think everyone knows that you can't misbehave and stay in the park but blaring them out destroys part of the fun. Fans don't change that much, we like a hot dog a cold beer and good baseball debate. The whole PC thing is out of place.
I took OP's post as almost-hateful, but he explained himself a post or two later pleasantly so bygones are bygones. His point is, "too much PC takes some of the brass out of the band," which I intitally read as, (my words): "Raising hell and cussing out people I don't like at the park? Hay'ell yeah, what in 'tarnation is they stoppin' me doin' that fer?"

K, I read it wrong.

And, my position (still) is, if they are a bit Draconian in enforcing the rules, in this case I think it's a good thing. I'm not an old fuddy-duddy, but even as a kid of 16 at many Tiger games back in the '80s (see earlier), I did *NOT* appreciate drunks, racists, bums, and other vagrants cussing out either team and getting sloppy drunk all over the seats. I heard some ___ back then from fans that is the true definition of "unsportsmanlike conduct," believe it.

Yeah, we're more PC these days. Yeah, some of it is annoying, IMO. But some makes lots of sense, too.

Peace out. /Thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area