Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 08:01 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
I think we're headed to 2014 levels.
Stocks are strong, Amazon isn’t slowing down, Boeing is doing well, I expect things to just be pretty level rather than continually climbing.

Wait until spring when the holidays have passed and people with kids start thinking about getting in ahead of the next school year. I certainly don’t see a buyer’s market anytime soon, at leastfor SFHs, condos have been built at a ferocious rate so those may be another story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 07:23 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Well, it think it slowed down during the summer months, but several houses in my neighborhood that have been on the market since Late June/July now have been sold. Same pattern as in the past two years.

I'm no expert, but I've lived all over the country and seems that houses really don't sell in the summer months compared to in early fall... Exception being homes around major military installations, which homes go on the marketing late spring and sold by mid summer.

In my case, I'm hoping the housing markets stay strong since I will be moving out of State in the next 2.5-3 years.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:40 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Nothing fairly priced, good quality and having a desirable location is lasting. Just a little more sane and less frenetic, that's all.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:15 PM

8,862 posts, read 6,865,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Stocks are strong, Amazon isn’t slowing down, Boeing is doing well, I expect things to just be pretty level rather than continually climbing.

Wait until spring when the holidays have passed and people with kids start thinking about getting in ahead of the next school year. I certainly don’t see a buyer’s market anytime soon, at leastfor SFHs, condos have been built at a ferocious rate so those may be another story
We've had very few condos in Washington in this decade. Lately construction has increased, but a year ago the total for greater Downtown's current boom was something like 4% condos vs. rentals by my count. Same elsewhere around town.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:30 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
My house goes on the market Oct. 3rd, I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
My house goes on the market Oct. 3rd, I'll let you know how it goes.
Good luck, Sockeye, hope you have a good realtor .

Old 09-30-2018, 07:27 PM

Quite a bit of life out there still, I have a new listing this week in Snohomish County and had 35 parties through my open house today. I'm expecting 5-6 offers (based on conversations I've had with prospective buyers) when the seller and I review offers this week.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:04 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
As sales plunge, King County home inventory has biggest jump on record
Quote:
The better news for homebuyers in King County keeps coming: Inventory is way up. Sales are way down. And prices have stopped skyrocketing.

The shift has allowed weary would-be buyers to take a breath and avoid some of the hurdles that were standard in recent years when sellers could call all the shots. The tight one-week deadline to bid on homes is now mostly gone. Buyers can submit successful bids while still requiring inspections. And the typical home no longer sells for above list price.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:59 PM

Depends on the place/area/list price. Really, every property needs to be evaluated that way. I agree, things are a touch more sane. Giving buyers the impression though that dynamics have shifted largely in their favor would be creating false hope/expectations. Bond, I know your intention here is good and I absolutely applaud an adjustment this direction, I just think is important to offer perspective at the same time.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:28 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
I think if prices remain at current levels it will be a win. The market can't continue to increase beyond where it is now, it just is not plausible. The danger of course is falling prices, though I doubt this would be severe as all economic indicators are still strong in the Seattle MSA. Perhaps this slowdown will be good for the market overall letting some get into the market with more price options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area