Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 09:10 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've taken most of the European and Asian flights but didn't know there was a flight through Gatwick....I hate Heathrow unless you land and leave from Terminal 5. I've taken that Seattle to Dubia Emirates at least a dozen times. For me, Emirates is the bet airline especially in Business and using the Emirates Business Lounge in Dubai.

Where I currently work (Baku), the best route is Seattle to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to baku....not crazy about Lufthansa or Frankfurt but then, I'm spoiled by Emirates. I also like flying through Schipol in Amsterdam.

I would like more routes please.
Yes TallTraveler, my wife has taken that Norwegian flight from Seattle to Gatwick twice, really likes it. We have good friends on the south coast of UK near Brighton, really easy transition from terminal to the train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 01:52 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
As a general rule, if you buy a business class seat from a lower income area, the business seats are less, at teast that's been my experience...I think it's because there just aren't than many willing to pay for the extra services and comfort of business class.

I don't think I've flown Singapore but I've heard nothing but good things. I can guarantee you that Emirates is exceptional and Qatar has been just as good in my experience plus both have exceptional home airports and business class lounges.
We do the SEA-HKG and SEA-AMS on Delta business class regularly. The SEA-HKG business is not that full. During our most recent trip in May to HKG, there was a mechanical issue and we ended up departing on the following day’s scheduled flight. We were able to get the same seats. The SEA-AMS is always full in business class in my experience. I’m not surprised at all that Delta is dropping its SEA-HKG route this Oct.

You should try SQ, it is truly one of the most inspiring commercial airlines. I will definitely look for an opportunity to try Emirates and Qatar.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:19 PM

1,195 posts, read 985,843 times
Does Seattle have any direct flights to India? That would impress me.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Does Seattle have any direct flights to India? That would impress me.
Agreed kynight, just don't think there is the demand yet. The Emirates Seattle-Dubai flight has pretty seamless connections to many places in India.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:56 PM

1,195 posts, read 985,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Agreed kynight, just don't think there is the demand yet. The Emirates Seattle-Dubai flight has pretty seamless connections to many places in India.
That's true. I think SFO is the only west coast airport with a direct flight to India. I read Delta will join Air India and United with a direct flight from the US JFK or ATL, after Trump had Qatar change their subsidies to competitor airlines.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:33 PM

474 posts, read 1,455,571 times
Seattle punches well above it's weight for direct international flights. For Europe, we have daily (or near daily) service to
-Reykjavik
-London
-Amsterdam
-Paris
-Frankfurt
-Dublin
-Manchester
-Cologne

And for Asia:
-Beijing
-Seoul
-Tokyo
-Shanghai
-Taipei
-Shenzen

Plus 5 directs to Mexico and 6 to Canada. When you compare the relative size of the metro area to other airports with that kind of point-to-point service, it's pretty amazing.
Directs to India or Australia aren't going to happen - they're crazy-long routes that need (expensive) planes with extensive range, and the aforementioned connection cities make more sense.
Altogether, an airport that small with that many direct international flights is a huge boon for the area and one of the good side effects of all of the insane tech growth up here.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:04 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
I would love to see Seattle have direct flights to Australia or New Zealand. Vancouver BC has them (and is a quick stop), but it would still be nice to not have to almost backtrack up north before making way southward.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I would love to see Seattle have direct flights to Australia or New Zealand. Vancouver BC has them (and is a quick stop), but it would still be nice to not have to almost backtrack up north before making way southward.
I've thought about that often, xbox. Vancouverites are lucky to have directs to both of those places. There are actually directs to Auckland, Sydney and Brisbane I believe. If you go up to Whistler and see all the young Aussies and Kiwis working (and really all over Vancouver), using the Commonwealth Youth Mobility Scheme, it starts to make more sense. When in Vancouver (I go often), I also run into loads of middle aged and older vacationing Aussies and Kiwis who have no intention of coming to the states. Fear of gun violence is something I have heard a number of times.

Another interesting one (that Seattle doesn't have) is the direct Vancouver-Manila flight. Are there really more people of Filipino descent in Vancouver than Seattle?

Old 10-09-2018, 06:54 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,843,896 times
Cool map. It is definitely not as bad as it may seem, and much better than it was.

In terms of Asia, I hope that Delta and Hainan continue to compete for Beijing travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Common, don't you think we are getting better to Europe? I wish we could fly direct to a place like Lisbon but look at these options. I agree, it could be better: https://www.portseattle.org/page/non...ational-routes

Old 11-03-2018, 06:03 PM

Wow, 16 hour game changer Seattle-Singapore direct flight coming fall 2019. So close to Sumatra, one of my favorite places: https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...attle-in-2019/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area