Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 12:42 PM

12,837 posts, read 9,552,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Antifa is insane. Violently attacking Republicans -- half the country -- is bad enough. But they also attack police and people, vandalize businesses and cars, that have nothing to do with Trump.

And for every Antifa activist, there are ten quietly insane haters who sympathize.
Lol yeah sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Such pearls of wisdom. Guess what Hillary voters are not very popular except to other Hillary voters either. Get away from the 15% of the country that voted for Hillary and you'll find you aren't very popular either.
IF only 15% voted for Hilary, how many voted for Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
About 20% of the country voted for Hillary. 65 million votes divided by 321 million people. The number is obviously much higher if we're talking about people that actually voted.

Also, without standardized voter ID laws, it's impossible to know who won the popular vote. I don't have a dog in the fight, but the Smart money is on Trump considering the state that Hillary ran up the score in was CA. Honestly, CA shouldn't even count at this point. Their voting laws are a freaking joke, and they have more illegals and hyper political loons than any other state by far. We'll never really know.
T

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
OK. I don't know what the Bravern is, so I can't speak to that exchange, but there is plenty to be outraged about about within Seattle's local government. Regardless, in this thread you have encouraged conservatives to move elsewhere...on every single page.

We just had a poster that lived here unhappily, left for a more conservative location, didn't like it and returned in spite of the reminders. After maybe a year and several frustrated posts, left for the South where they are presumably much happier. IMO that is the correct approach.

For those that don't like it, it's a big country; Seattle is not the only choice.

Probably 80% of the negative posts on the Seattle forum are unhappy conservatives that should have never come to Seattle in the first place.

I don't know any liberals that want to leave but we've certainly seen the unhappy conservatives posting here and the obvious answer is, find a more conservative place!

Save the wasted moving expenses, find a more conservative place and be happy there.

Honestly, why Seattle? Why not just choose a more conservative city? This is the problem with conservatives…

It makes little sense for a conservative to move to the Seattle metro…

Oh brother. Truly, Seattle is probably a bad fit.

Excellent! Especially if it means they move somewhere else.

Conservatives have a right to complain or posit other ideas and solutions just like liberals and members of every other party. I'm just not fond of silencing thought, and certainly not by telling people to leave instead of trying to change their city through the political process.
Sure they do. But we also have the right to leave right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Perhaps people move here for the many other wonderful aspects of life in Seattle and Washington (there's a ton of good stuff!), but don't realize that if they aren't far left they won't be tolerated? It's far more liberal here than even where I grew up in Los Angeles. Maybe folks just don't know how it truly is until they are here, and then hate the thought of having to leave the things they do love because they are made to feel unwelcome. And to pretend that conservatives are welcome or even treated nicely here would be disingenuous.

I'm just guessing here.
I think some love to live in a city to be contrarian. But if you're unhappy, you should leave right? Birds of a feather right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post

Old 03-30-2019, 12:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Lol yeah sure.
IF only 15% voted for Hilary, how many voted for Donald

T

Sure they do. But we also have the right to leave right?

I think some love to live in a city to be contrarian. But if you're unhappy, you should leave right? Birds of a feather right.
So a conservative moving to a blue Seattle metro? This should turn out well.

Old 03-30-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So a conservative moving to a blue Seattle metro? This should turn out well.
Lived in Denver and DC. I'm a libertarian. Most of my friends lean left and I love it.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:00 PM

35 posts, read 29,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I had a business in Bellevue from 1993-2007. We had a few incidents with one homeless guy, and after calling the police the 3rd time they packed him up and took him to Seattle. There was a problem in the mid 90s with Russian immigrants in the Crossroads area, and the police put in a substation there to get it under control. They just don’t tolerate what Seattle does, and the result is low crime for a city of it’s size.

Outside of Seattle city limits the laws are still enforced. Seattle police used to be overzealous and got themselves in trouble with the DOJ https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...police-reform/

Just ten years ago jaywalkers were cited, now it seems as the city has devolved into lawlessness. Hope the police can find a happy medium soon.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:09 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Seattle seems to be increasingly coddling criminals, druggies, and the homeless. Property crime is rising. Taxes are rising.

Are Seattle's suburbs more politically sane? Someone posted that Kirkland's cops don't tolerate vagrants or troublemakers.

I've read that Medina photographs the license plates of cars coming off the freeway into Medina, thus cutting down on burglaries.

Do those cities -- and other suburban areas, like Bainbridge, Mercer, Bellvue, etc. -- have a higher quality of life, and greater safety from crime, than does Seattle?

Do those cities have fewer loony leftists in government, the kind that push for the more radical agendas?
Yep, Bellevue, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Issaquah, Bothell, Redmond are all low crime, good schools, low homeless and drug addicted....but they still will vote liberal especially regarding environmental issues though not extreme liberal....oh and they're very expensive as well.

Old 03-31-2019, 10:10 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,993,882 times
There is an entire thread regarding the area's good points/attractions.

In general, there is the enticing combination of: 1. A desirable area and 2. Jobs.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:48 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,327 times
More moderate conservatives are always welcome on the West Coast (WA included), to help counteract some of the bluepidity. The recent win in CA regarding the high-cap magazines gives me (a little) hope. Too much bluepidity and redtardedness is what's ruining the country these days.

Last edited by thatguy950; 03-31-2019 at 11:59 AM..

Old 03-31-2019, 05:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Lived in Denver and DC. I'm a libertarian. Most of my friends lean left and I love it.
Hopefully that's true because Seattle has turned some conservative people into very unhappy ones when it shouldn't have been a surprise. Better to know ahead of time than pay for a move and be unhappy.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Hopefully that's true because Seattle has turned some conservative people into very unhappy ones when it shouldn't have been a surprise. Better to know ahead of time than pay for a move and be unhappy.
Hmmm..I'm not republican. social liberal, fiscal conservative. But I like to be in creative, dynamic cities. Again, lived in Denver and DC cumulatively for about 4 years, I know what I like. SC and Texas overall weren't my cup of tea.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:50 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,909,354 times
Quote:
Indeed. The SPLC is a hate group.

The SPLC defames traditionalist Catholics and Christian conservatives as "hate groups," merely because these groups defend the Biblical definition of family.

By the SPLC's logic, the Bible is "hate literature."
No one cares who gets married or who doesn't get married in your church or how you interpret the Bible. But if you are spending time trying to get the government to translate your particular religious beliefs into laws that deny rights to others, expect a lot of people to take exception to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area