Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:17 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,899,605 times

Advertisements

WATCH: Thief rampages through Seattle Target for 15 minutes

Police say a career criminal ripped off a downtown Seattle Target store three times in four days, even after being arrested and released for his crimes.

Surveillance video from August allegedly shows 41-year-old Jason Lewis confronting sales workers on the electronics floor of the department store. At one point, he head bumps an employee. The terrorized employees left him alone after that. Lewis then destroyed display cases and grabbed as many electronics as he could over 15 minutes. ...

Seattle police were called but never responded to the burglary over the 15 minutes it occurred. It is unknown why.

More details -- and video footage -- at the above link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 08:16 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Sadly, that is not a priority 1 call, they apparently have “more important” calls to deal with. Even those have a poor response time. Probably the traffic.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...r-calling-911/

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/th...-times.246023/

Old 09-18-2018, 11:23 PM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times
I feel bad for the terrorized Target employees, but it's the city's fault that this happens and the people who constantly support a soft on criminal action for whatever reason. If and when the people finally get tired of criminals having a free run downtown and everywhere else in Seattle, they need to contact the Mayor's office and demand that she orders her police force to be more proactive AND support a more proactive police department... Which will never happen... Cuz that would be too fascist and/or racist to demand law and order... Simply not the "NEW" Seattle way.

As for a seven minute response time to a priority-one call... Wow!! Seven minutes is a long time when you're being murdered!! Good luck blowing your anti-rape whistle to speed up any help from the police, but rest assure that your fellow citizen will whip out his/her cell phone and record the attack!!

Sorry, but I have more faith in my Glock pistol than in the Seattle Police Department coming to my aid... I really feel sorry for the people who will freely think the police will arrive in time to save them, when most of these people will not do anything to save themselves from being a victim since fighting back isn't cool. Plus, it's somehow cool to be statistics after the criminal encounter.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:43 AM

124 posts, read 145,909 times
Criminals will only get more brazen when they know the cops won't stop them.
This is why policies that are soft on crime ultimately fail.

NYC dramatically lowered their crime rate back in the 90s when they adopted a "broken windows" stategy and started going hard on all crimes, even petty crimes like vandalism/theft.

If a criminal feels that he can easily get away with smashing up a target and stealing electronics, then he might also feel that he can easily get away with raping your daughter!

Old 09-19-2018, 08:08 AM

513 posts, read 498,875 times
Seattle police have not been dealing with small crimes for some time now. If your apartment is broken into, or your car is stolen, they don't come. You just file a report online. I don't think they care.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:50 AM

811 posts, read 1,060,540 times
Traffic citations is where the money is for the police department, therefore their priority.

Taking advantage of confusing and messed up traffic patterns and constructions and doing assembly line citations.

The cops just don't make money on protecting citizens, so why should they care?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,287,800 times
I guess "loss prevention officer" is not the same as "security guard."

If a couple of Target customers had tackled him and held him, would they have been charged with assault?

Old 09-19-2018, 11:04 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post

If a couple of Target customers had tackled him and held him, would they have been charged with assault?
From what I've heard, security guards are not police. In the event of a major incident, they're instructed to call police, nothing more, much.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:34 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post

Any Target employees doing such a stupid thing would be terminated. Civilians can do what they want, but...why?

That assumes, of course, they weren't shanked or shot dead by the bum/vagrant, first. That being the whole point.

Don't get involved, walk away. If threatened personally, counter-attack using appropriate/proportional force to protect life and property. Otherwise, forget about it: not your problem.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:13 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,358,268 times
Sounds like someone off their meds...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: