Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 05:09 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
How can you be done? You haven't even been here, right? Mukilteo's a great little town, same principles apply though. Come visit, see it, make sure all is right.
Hows the commute to Seattle? I will be there in a week. I already accepted the gig. If I lived in NJ for 20 years I can live anywhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 05:12 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Hows the commute to Seattle? I will be there in a week. I already accepted the gig. If I lived in NJ for 20 years I can live anywhere!
From Mukilteo, it will be a tough drive in the morning (unless you leave by 6:30AM). It starts getting bad going back anytime 3PM or later, even starting at 2:45. If you have experienced New Jersey, you'll be okay. Mukilteo, on the other hand, has a great commuter rail train called "The Sounder" that takes about 50 minutes to Downtown Seattle King St station.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
From Mukilteo, it will be a tough drive in the morning (unless you leave by 6:30AM). It starts getting bad going back anytime 3PM or later, even starting at 2:45. If you have experienced New Jersey, you'll be okay. Mukilteo, on the other hand, has a great commuter rail train called "The Sounder" that takes about 50 minutes to Downtown Seattle King St station.
The Sounder? Very cool! Ok thanks, I hope it pans out this place is on the side of a cliff and has killer views.
Thanks again.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
The Sounder? Very cool! Ok thanks, I hope it pans out this place is on the side of a cliff and has killer views.
Thanks again.
That's a little scary, we have landslides here. I would get up to speed with this map, put in the address. Again, nothing would substitute for seeing it: https://snohomishcountywa.gov/3681/L...de-Hazard-Area

Old 10-29-2018, 06:55 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
While you in checking out Mukilteo, check out the Future of Flight & Boeing Factory Floor tour @Paine Field. Plan 3 hours minimum.
Also make life simply by getting a bridge RFID and a ORCA app/card.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
While you in checking out Mukilteo, check out the Future of Flight & Boeing Factory Floor tour @Paine Field. Plan 3 hours minimum.
Also make life simply by getting a bridge RFID and a ORCA app/card.
Good call least prime, that's a great tour. Did you go out on the catwalk in the building and see all the planes below? Willys, that Boeing building is the biggest (I believe) square footage building in the world, where they make the planes. Also, Diamond Knot Brewpub down by the Mukilteo ferry is a cool little spot, tasty beer and good sandwiches. Another nice thing about Mukilteo is being able to hop over the Whidbey Island on the ferry easily.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Good call least prime, that's a great tour. Did you go out on the catwalk in the building and see all the planes below? Willys, that Boeing building is the biggest (I believe) square footage building in the world, where they make the planes. Also, Diamond Knot Brewpub down by the Mukilteo ferry is a cool little spot, tasty beer and good sandwiches. Another nice thing about Mukilteo is being able to hop over the Whidbey Island on the ferry easily.
Thank you both! Yeah the things you said really caught my eye. Its a relatively new town, incorporated in only 1947 when a thousand people lived there.

The only downfall will be if & when they start having commercial flights to come and go from there. Lots of noise. But so far I like the feel of it. If that's possible without ever being there.

I can't wait to get there so I can feel these places out in person.

Thanks for all the tips.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:30 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I am just about done, but theres a great house in Mukilteo. I am just not sure about this town. Any feed back?
What does it mean, "I'm just about done"? Have you found some prospects? If you look outside the city, in places like Mukilteo, make sure they have commuter transit to downtown Seattle.

Have you looked in West Seattle (water taxi to downtown, which avoids traffic handily. Even the buses get stuck in traffic on the W Seattle bridge), south Seattle, Northgate, Lake Forest Park?

Old 10-29-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Thank you both! Yeah the things you said really caught my eye. Its a relatively new town, incorporated in only 1947 when a thousand people lived there.

The only downfall will be if & when they start having commercial flights to come and go from there. Lots of noise. But so far I like the feel of it. If that's possible without ever being there.

I can't wait to get there so I can feel these places out in person.

Thanks for all the tips.
Yeah, it's a cool little town. I wouldn't live on the bluff though, I'm serious about the landslide danger. Doesn't happen very often but why increase your odds? I'd live in that little Downtown Mukilteo area down by the ferry (and the commuter rail).

Old 10-29-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does it mean, "I'm just about done"? Have you found some prospects? If you look outside the city, in places like Mukilteo, make sure they have commuter transit to downtown Seattle.

Have you looked in West Seattle (water taxi to downtown, which avoids traffic handily. Even the buses get stuck in traffic on the W Seattle bridge), south Seattle, Northgate, Lake Forest Park?
West Seattle? Like Bainbridge? Whats a water taxi going to run? More than the ferry I would imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area