Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 10:38 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,191,955 times

Advertisements

Can I just show up to a seahawks / Mariners game and buy a ticket from a scalper? For face value?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 08:14 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,295,169 times
It's all supply and demand. Tickets are scalped all the time at games. My strategy has always been to wait right until game time when the scalpers lose their leverage.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:08 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,327 times
I’m not actually sure but I’ve done it before.

General rule of thumb in Seattle/Washington is if you can do it elsewhere it’s still probably illegal here, except drugs of course

Old 11-16-2018, 10:09 AM

3,662 posts, read 2,941,977 times
I only use stubhub or vividseatscom. There is too much fraud to not use a legit site with a money back policy.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
You are not likely to have to use a scalper at a Mariner game, just go to the box office and buy a ticket.

In 2018 they averaged 28,000 tickets sold, which is pretty good, but not close to the 47,000 capacity.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:16 PM

905 posts, read 1,102,502 times
Most of the time, Mariners games don't sell out - so you're probably just fine waiting until the day of the game to buy some - box office or secondhand.

Seahawks games definitely have more demand, and usually sell out, or come quite close. Like Homes said, scalpers quickly lose leverage right around game time, so that's the best time to go for one if a game is sold out.

I'd use a legit secondhand ticket site/app though - too risky to buy from a scalper the old fashioned way (hard tickets, face to face) with these safer alternatives IMO.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post
Most of the time, Mariners games don't sell out - so you're probably just fine waiting until the day of the game to buy some - box office or secondhand.

Seahawks games definitely have more demand, and usually sell out, or come quite close. Like Homes said, scalpers quickly lose leverage right around game time, so that's the best time to go for one if a game is sold out.

I'd use a legit secondhand ticket site/app though - too risky to buy from a scalper the old fashioned way (hard tickets, face to face) with these safer alternatives IMO.
That's kind of why Im asking. Its legal in Colorado. As long as the tickets are sold at face value people can sell their tickets. So if you have to wait till game time for scalpers to lose their leverage, its probably not legal here.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post

I just noticed your screen name. Your a maiden fan!

Old 11-16-2018, 11:54 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,295,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
That's kind of why Im asking. Its legal in Colorado. As long as the tickets are sold at face value people can sell their tickets. So if you have to wait till game time for scalpers to lose their leverage, its probably not legal here.
It actually is legal, see below. I just meant that the scalpers lose their leverage to get as much money when the game starts: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-got-hit-hard/

Old 11-17-2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
It actually is legal, see below. I just meant that the scalpers lose their leverage to get as much money when the game starts: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-got-hit-hard/
Well that is good! Thank you sir. I cant wait to see a seahawks game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area