Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 08:08 AM

15,816 posts, read 6,523,439 times

Advertisements

I certainly don't think the Seahawks need to make a coaching change; they continue to do better than their talent level IMO. If the Seahawks had been healthier this season, they likely would be facing the 49ers in Seattle next week. I'm surprised they lasted this long in the playoffs after they were declawed with their top three running backs going down, along with various other injuries. The Hawks made their last game interesting right up until the end. Jadeveon Clowney deserves much credit for toughing out his injuries and playing in this game. He made a difference.

As for Jimmy Graham:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlM3CKXJs5k
:-P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 08:51 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,487,028 times
Agreed, Clowney came to play and made a big difference for the Hawks. Pete Carroll is the reason the Seahawks are where they're at, and Shotty called too many run plays in the first half. That play at the end was incorrect, Pete Carroll's right, it looked short. I am sick of crappy calls from the ref's but yesterday they actually called a pretty good game. We just fell short.

My son feels we need a different Defensive Coordinator, too, I'm not sure about that. If they do, pick one who can come up with schemes that offenses struggle with - we have a good nucleus of defenders already. Just hone it up some.

DK Metcalf was a great pick and did great this year in what was just his rookie season. Jacob Hollister and Travis Homer are great new additions to the offense. We have too many guys banged up that need to heal. I really hope that Jadavean Clowney gets the surgery he needs if indeed he's gonna need surgery, then I hope we can re-sign him. Sign Quandre Diggs also. Having Justin Britt back next season will be huge - Joey Hunt did his best but we really need Justin Britt back in there at Offensive Center.

It's been a great ride this year. Now sports is really going to dull-down a lot - since the Sonic's are gone I don't care about the NBA much at all. Mariner baseball is weak, also. I might start follow U-Dub basketball and Gonzaga U. basketball for the rest of their seasons.

Bye Seahawk's - for now. I salute you for your good effort!

Old 01-13-2020, 09:38 AM

13,057 posts, read 7,491,199 times
Its been a lot of fun. I'm new to this area and many of Redmond's sports bars hit me for $25-35 (We don't have cable). Maybe I'll get involved with TrailBlazers again. And Futbol starts up in March (mens) and April (womens).

Old 01-13-2020, 01:28 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,496 times
As a Niners fan, I applaud the Hawks. Absolutely no reason to hang your heads. They did amazing with the cards that were dealt to them. They were two inches away from winning the division and getting home field advantage thruout the playoffs.

They have a nice foundation in place. Drafting Metcalf was huge. They are well coached, have the 12s, what's not to like? Also for what it's worth, I'm glad we play the Pack and not the Hawks again.

Brilliant season Hawks!

Old 01-13-2020, 02:22 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,754,932 times
I've long admired Wilson. He often plays like a guy on amphetamines. Super quick to make decisions and runs like the wind. Yesterday he was pretty stressed to the max however with all too many expectations lying on him. I'm sure when all get healthy again next year will be a rather good one for the Hawks. Their time is still coming no doubt.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:41 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,877,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
As a Niners fan, I applaud the Hawks. Absolutely no reason to hang your heads. They did amazing with the cards that were dealt to them. They were two inches away from winning the division and getting home field advantage thruout the playoffs.

They have a nice foundation in place. Drafting Metcalf was huge. They are well coached, have the 12s, what's not to like? Also for what it's worth, I'm glad we play the Pack and not the Hawks again.

Brilliant season Hawks!
Thanks Pete, looking forward to Seattle-San Fran match-ups next year.

I think you'll take the Packers and likely be playing KC in the big bowl. I'm expecting a great game.

Old 01-13-2020, 04:19 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,487,028 times
Don't sell the Tennessee Titans short. I watched their game against Baltimore. They played awesome. They had the Ravens backing up and tripping over their own feet trying to stop Derrick Henry. Then again, I don't know if the Titan's secondary is going to be able to handle the Chief's Mahomes passing game. So the AFC game is going to be a shootout and I'm going to have to watch that.

The SF-GB game, not so sure I'm even going to watch it. The wind is out of my sails regarding the NFC and I really could care less who advances to the Big Enchilada. Buh-bye!

Old 01-13-2020, 07:26 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Thanks Seahawks! It was fun to watch.....

I'm going with the Titans and the Niners. Titans have the momentum and Niners have the Team.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:08 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,068,630 times
This was my first year watching the Seahawks.
What a great team.
Their injuries, a couple of coaching glitches and several bad calls was enough to any team from advancing.
I’m a niner fan but Seattle Football is exciting.
Looking forward to next year.
I also think it will be the Titans and SF.
I think SF has an edge but ya never know.
Now if I can just get lucky on my football squares
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area