Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2018, 10:45 AM

717 posts, read 452,994 times

Advertisements

This cherry pie on sitcoms namely “Twin Peaks” is considered irresistibly good at least to the point I am craving the thought of doing absolutely anything to get out to North Bend to get this Cherry Pie. I would pay $100 for a slice considering I am tempted to fly commercially just to get there.

Is this Cherry Pie THIS good? Is it worth that kind of adventure to taste a slice before I die? I would like to know from others who have tried it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM

426 posts, read 527,002 times
Last time I was there it wasn't anything special, but it's fun to see the filming locations. The original interior was shot on a sound stage in California, except for the pilot I believe. Third season was different though.

Lots of the reviews like to say the pie and coffee are "damn fine" since that's what Cooper said. Some of the newer reviews say it's "actually pretty good" though I think that's mostly placebo effect talking. Kind of like the self-proclaimed "world famous" fish market at Pike Place, which I hadn't heard of until moving here, lol

Old 12-17-2018, 11:13 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
It is fun to go and say you've been but I'm not sure the cherry pie would please a true cherry pie connoisseur. It's a bright red gelatinous sort of cherry pie, befitting a diner. Tasty in its own way, but set your expectations.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:39 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,579 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Yeh, I would call it "decent" pie but not worth going out of your way for, unless you are a superfan of that old show.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:47 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times
This past summer, I spent a few days at the Salish Lodge, used as the exterior of the Great Northern. They too have Twin Peaks themed cherry pie and coffee (and lots of Twin Peaks merchandise in their gift shop). Their cherry pie and coffee were good, but nothing special.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:09 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Meh is the right word, but that’s typical with WA restaurants

Old 12-21-2018, 01:45 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Meh is the right word, but that’s typical with WA restaurants

thatguy, as I dude who has traveled all over the world, I respectfully disagree. Check out this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...ave-great.html

Old 12-21-2018, 02:16 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
thatguy, as I dude who has traveled all over the world, I respectfully disagree. Check out this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...ave-great.html
I have as well, and yeah it’s true seattle has some pretty good Asian joints, there’s not a lot of good fine dining in Seattle compared to other major cities. Seattle is known for tech and nature, the food scene is kind of secondary

Old 12-21-2018, 03:04 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
I have as well, and yeah it’s true seattle has some pretty good Asian joints, there’s not a lot of good fine dining in Seattle compared to other major cities. Seattle is known for tech and nature, the food scene is kind of secondary
Not saying it is the best in the world, it's far north of mediocre, though.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:53 PM

21,879 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Seattle has a lot of good food. I lived a few floors above Shiro's for a few months on a sublease. Some of the best sushi I've had. That was back when I could just walk in most days grab a stool at the bar. Last few times I've been in Seattle I couldn't even make reservations two weeks in advance for lunch on a weekday. Crazy.

Is Twede's any good? Yes, but it's just a greasy spoon diner. When I checked out Gonzaga U we stopped by since it was on the route. It's a neat place and has its history. It's a greasy spoon diner though. It's an above average greasy spoon diner. If you watched Shape of Water where the gay guy keeps going and getting the horrible pies because he's got a thing for the waiter, that's basically their pies. Okay, not that bad. Basically the same thing you'd get at someplace like Mel's (American Graffiti and Pulp Fiction). It's diner pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area