Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 10:32 AM

587 posts, read 423,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post

However, here in Bellevue, the jerk drivers are the ones with their BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes, Lexus, Tesla's,....basically expensive cars speeding, cutting people off, weaving in and out of traffic.

There was an instance where I was at an intersection, waiting for the light to turn green. There was a BMW in front of me, and into the other lane adjacent to the BMW clunker, was another vehicle.
When the light turned green, the car in the other lane was driving faster than the BMW jerk in front of me was driving slowly. I wanted to get home quickly because I worked a long night shift and was tired. And this was a Saturday morning. Not a busy weekday morning. I merged into the adjacent lane to bypass the BMW since BMW driver was driving like a turtle. Guess what? When I tried to drive pass the BMW and attempt to merge in front of the BMW the jerk presses his gas pedal to accelerate to not allow me to merge into his lane. I eventually had to merge back into the lane behind the jerk BMW who then began to drive slow again. I am getting sick and tired of these jerk drivers here in Seattle.

Lexus driver here

I admit, I've done the same, where I've been annoyed behind some slowpoke, change to next lane and while trying to pass them, they suddenly speed up. It triggered them to try to punish you by being impatient.

Seattle drivers are nothing. Have you been to Manhattan/ NYC? I agree Texas is also way more aggressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 11:39 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,401 times
I've lived in Seattle since the mid 80s. Driving conditions have deteriorated quite a bit in the last 5 or so years. I just find so many "clueless" drivers on the road these days. Traffic has a certain ebb and flow. All it takes is one guy slowing down, speeding up, changing lanes etc to throw off an entire cluster of drivers. I'm convinced many of these folks have very limited driving experience.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:59 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,579,035 times
It is a huge city now, packed to the gills..........you might as well expect the ratraceification of Seattle to impact all areas, especially driving.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:42 AM

387 posts, read 357,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
1. Have you thought of merging behind someone instead? Why do you get to go ahead.
2. I've driven in a lot of places, there are rude drivers everywhere.
3. Pickup drivers are rude everywhere. Go visit Texas sometime.
The transplants feel entitled to “merging” into traffic ahead of everyone else even when they had multiple opportunities to do it earlier. I see people every day slowly crawling down the exit lanes bypassing chances to merge so they can do it as late as possible and then cut someone off by a razor slim margin at the very last second. This screws things up for people in BOTH lanes they are involved with. This is what they consider good driving and feel all superior about.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:34 PM

361 posts, read 398,048 times
LOL! Again, yesterday as I was driving back home from doing some grocery shopping, a white SUV got upset with me for simply merging into the right lane of a two-lane roadway in Redmond area. I had to merge into that lane as that white SUV was creeping out from the parking lot onto the roadway at a slow rate. I also had to make a right turn onto an upcoming intersection to get home. After I made the right turn onto the next road, the SUV followed, made her right turn and speed up to where I was driving in the adjacent lane. Then she proceeds to cut me off (LOL, typical 4-year old Seattle childish/immature local behaviors), then merges back into the adjacent lane and then proceeds to drive slow. I merged into the lane behind her crappy SUV and then I start to laugh at her. I just laugh at these typical childish/immature Seattle locals who think that they're entitled to the roadway and think that it's doomsday when a vehicle merges in front of them.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:39 PM

361 posts, read 398,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
Lexus driver here

I admit, I've done the same, where I've been annoyed behind some slowpoke, change to next lane and while trying to pass them, they suddenly speed up. It triggered them to try to punish you by being impatient.
^^ Yup. Only in Seattle do you have drivers who get salty/triggered when a vehicle merges in front of them. Or think that it's the end of the world when a vehicle merges in front of them.

Seen so many instances like what you and I have described, where the driver drives slow poke in the left lane, I merge into right lane to bypass the slowpoke, and mister or miss Seattle slowpoke presses on their gas pedal to speed up to not let you pass by. Only in Seattle guys, only in Seattle.

Even if I had my signal on for a while and merge in front of these morons, they honk their horns at me. Many of them try to get back at me and try to cut me off to rub it in my face.
I'd say these type of Seattle drivers are just as rude/mean-spirited as Los Angeles and NYC drivers.

Quote:
Seattle drivers are nothing. Have you been to Manhattan/ NYC? I agree Texas is also way more aggressive.
I have not driven in Texas. Yes, NYC drivers are aggressive. I know that. But a lot of the triggered drivers here in Seattle are just as pricks like the NYC drivers, especially when I am not allowed to merge into an adjacent lane.

I really miss driving in the Nei.

Old 02-21-2019, 02:11 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,429 times
Quote:
Even if I had my signal on for a while and merge in front of these morons, they honk their horns at me. Many of them try to get back at me and try to cut me off to rub it in my face.
I'd say these type of Seattle drivers are just as rude/mean-spirited as Los Angeles and NYC drivers.

I have not driven in Texas. Yes, NYC drivers are aggressive. I know that. But a lot of the triggered drivers here in Seattle are just as pricks like the NYC drivers, especially when I am not allowed to merge into an adjacent lane.

A turn signal is a "heads up" you are changing lanes, not an ask for permission. I put my turn signal on, I go with those "slowpokes." They will move - most of what makes them timid on the road will be what ultimately makes them give way when you merge. Unhappy sure, but welcome to driving in an urban area.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:31 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,484 times
Part of the problem with Seattle area drivers is, while the area breeds and attracts low-class and generally scummy people, is their personality disorders also manifest themselves while they are driving

Old 02-21-2019, 07:23 PM

12,807 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Quote:
^^ Yup. Only in Seattle do you have drivers who get salty/triggered when a vehicle merges in front of them. Or think that it's the end of the world when a vehicle merges in front of them.

Seen so many instances like what you and I have described, where the driver drives slow poke in the left lane, I merge into right lane to bypass the slowpoke, and mister or miss Seattle slowpoke presses on their gas pedal to speed up to not let you pass by. Only in Seattle guys, only in Seattle.

I really miss driving in the Nei.
I'm guessing you're not being intellectually honest here. When you "signal," are you still rushing in and cutting someone off? Or is there a lot of room and you're getting in without disrupting the person behind you? If you make them brake, then you're in the wrong. Sounds like you're cutting people off and you're butt hurt when people honk. If everyone is honking at you, maybe you're the issue? And God forbid you merge behind them. You're the one in the wrong lane.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:31 PM

12,807 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRamon View Post
The transplants feel entitled to “merging” into traffic ahead of everyone else even when they had multiple opportunities to do it earlier. I see people every day slowly crawling down the exit lanes bypassing chances to merge so they can do it as late as possible and then cut someone off by a razor slim margin at the very last second. This screws things up for people in BOTH lanes they are involved with. This is what they consider good driving and feel all superior about.
It is annoying, the zipper merge is the most efficient allegedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area