Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 03:23 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
You are right Cinema, they aren't the most gloriously beautiful homes. It's simple, this style allows the builders/developers to put the most square footage on a lot, therefore realize the most profit. They actually are nicer looking than the (similar) ones they were building 10 years ago. I agree though, nothing beats a beautiful Craftsman, Tudor or classic home. Thankfully, there are plenty of those in Seattle in established neighborhoods.

I was feeling just ho-him reading this post, homes, until I got to the last sentence. Thankfully, there are plenty of those in established Seattle neighborhoods.

What do you think about the Shoreline area, homes? Seems to me that, like Edmonds, Shoreline had a nice mix of newer and older Craftsman, Tudor and classic homes.

Everett in the north end has a healthy splattering of nice, older homes in it.
I like Shoreline, good value for money but still not too far from Seattle. There aren't very many Craftsmans and Tudors there, more of the mid-century style with nice large yards. For "historic" homes, you'll find many more in Seattle neighborhoods, a smattering in Edmonds and Mukilteo and many in Historic Everett and Snohomish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 03:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
I like Shoreline, good value for money but still not too far from Seattle. There aren't very many Craftsmans and Tudors there, more of the mid-century style with nice large yards. For "historic" homes, you'll find many more in Seattle neighborhoods, a smattering in Edmonds and Mukilteo and many in Historic Everett and Snohomish.

I miss my homeland every now and then, my parents have both passed away now. I have one sister in Mountlake Terrace and one in Renton and another way over east of the mountains in Okanogan. She has a large A-frame over by the Loup Loup Ski Bowl. She is a physical therapist over there in Okanogan serving the Omak-Okanogan area. She sees cougar and bear around her home somewhat regularly, it's really out there in the middle of the mountains.

She has a bunch of Husky dogs and goes Iditarodding competitively around the Pacific Northwest. I can't see the Mrs. and I leaving New Mexico, though, we both love it too much down here.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:13 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

I miss my homeland every now and then, my parents have both passed away now. I have one sister in Mountlake Terrace and one in Renton and another way over east of the mountains in Okanogan. She has a large A-frame over by the Loup Loup Ski Bowl. She is a physical therapist over there in Okanogan serving the Omak-Okanogan area. She sees cougar and bear around her home somewhat regularly, it's really out there in the middle of the mountains.

She has a bunch of Husky dogs and goes Iditarodding competitively around the Pacific Northwest. I can't see the Mrs. and I leaving New Mexico, though, we both love it too much down here.
Brother Elk, we'll always maintain your visitation rights!

Old 04-02-2019, 04:26 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Brother Elk, we'll always maintain your visitation rights!

Oh yeah, vacationing back home will be a pleasure. El Paso (90 miles south of us here in Alamo) has a "cute" and easy to navigate airport I could fly out of, but, my latest passion in motorcars is a silver 2017 Toyota Corolla iM for sale at a used car place here west of town. It's on Hiway 70 that leads out to Holloman Air Force Base. Beautiful shade of silver and a 6-speed stick, I would offer them even lower than the $14,950 they want for it now. It only has 23,000 miles on it.

I would love to drive that baby up to Seattle on vacation and trip around my homeland and see my sisters up there. That would be a gas ta do, pardon the pun! Get it, the car needs ghastly ta drive, hee-hee-hee.

You guys will have to pardon my extra goofiness - I have bronchitis and a sinus infection both. I'm nursing it with steroids and antibiotics. And plenty of city-data Seattle!

Last edited by elkotronics; 04-02-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area