Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 09:01 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
The father of the kid is very likeable. "Straight rights to the face, did what I had to do".
Criminals like that should be publicly executed... on TV. 74 arrests really? And he is still allowed to walk? What a junkie. The world would be a better place without such idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 AM

15,845 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Is the kid okay? Hopefully.

Unfortunately there are a number of homeless with mental health conditions; all jail does is keep him off the street for a while. He probably belongs in a mental health treatment center.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:10 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post

He probably belongs in a mental health treatment center.
I'd vote for Hell.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:28 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
While this is obviously an awful story, and I too hope the child is OK, this isn't a homeless person it is a mentally ill homeless person. I really don't know what the solution is to this, but homelessness many times results from mental illness. Likely the case here, and drugs may have played a part, we don't know. I think we can do a better job of helping these people, but only if they are willing to accept that help, which in many times isn't the case. Extremely problematic.

And where is our President on this issue? Crickets.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:48 PM

439 posts, read 423,582 times
We need to stop enabling selfish drug using by trying to make it sound like it's some sad mental health issue. It very well may be but it certainly does not excuse the criminal behavior. Drug use makes it worse, period. Full stop. Get off the drugs, by ones own will or by legal order. THEN we can talk mental health issues.

We don't go around pooh-poohing a drunk who kills an innocent family on the road by calling it self medicating mental health issues so why give such a wide swath of enabling to druggies!

Old 07-24-2019, 09:57 PM

I don't think I ever said he should be excused. I am simply calling for more help for these folks who are obviously suffering from something they can't control. They are sick, and they need help. I don't think it is inhumane to help these people. But again they only will get better if they accept that help. Not offering the help will only make the problem worse.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:43 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I don't think I ever said he should be excused. I am simply calling for more help for these folks who are obviously suffering from something they can't control. They are sick, and they need help. I don't think it is inhumane to help these people. But again they only will get better if they accept that help. Not offering the help will only make the problem worse.

It is softies like this that help society degrade. All those on here who call for law and order, who call for executions, etc start walking the walk and start calling out guys like above who put emotions over logic. If you really want change, act accordingly.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:08 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
It's not my fault they are junkies. Who helps me or you achieve something? Criminals should be prosecuted. The anarchy must stop.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
It is softies like this that help society degrade. All those on here who call for law and order, who call for executions, etc start walking the walk and start calling out guys like above who put emotions over logic. If you really want change, act accordingly.
Seriously, "softie"? What is your option...just let them die?

I am calling for humane treatment for those who are suffering and you are calling me a "softie"?

Wow. I have some sympathy for those who are suffering, apparently you don't. If you can live with that, more power to you. Disgusting.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:57 AM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
We should do what China did with addicts who commit crimes and harm others in the 30s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area