Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 10:53 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
My memories growing up in Seattle as a teen in the 70's was cloudy days in June, but some afternoon sun. Then July would hit and there would be stretches of pure sunshine for 6-8 days in a row with temps around 80. The stretch seemed to always be obstructed with a day or two of clouds and some rain. But like clockwork, this only lasted about 36 hours, and the sun was back. This was typical in July and August. By September, a weird pattern occurred. As in, Labor weekend was cool and rainy but only to be followed by sunny and warm the rest of September! I also remember some early Octobers that were hot, or atleast above normal. Of course, the rainy season almost always arrives near mid-October. This continues for the most part, though climate change may set this back recently.
My only memory of Seattle weather in June in the 70's was of sunny days occasionally punctuated by short cloudbursts that caused a warm rain. I remember a July visit back then, when it was muggy, and yes, in the 80's. Felt kind of stifling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 11:55 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Seattle can get humid in the summer, but doesn't last long. And certainly not at the level of east of the Mississippi.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:32 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Seattle can get humid in the summer, but doesn't last long. And certainly not at the level of east of the Mississippi.
True. New York it isn't. Thank heaven! I also don't recall experiencing that same mugginess when I later lived in Seattle as an adult: 80's & beyond. The 80's summers tended to be dry and drought-prone anyway, so maybe that kept the humidity down.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:03 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,767 times
been no heat all cloudy wet summer

Old 08-22-2019, 12:05 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My only memory of Seattle weather in June in the 70's was of sunny days occasionally punctuated by short cloudbursts that caused a warm rain. I remember a July visit back then, when it was muggy, and yes, in the 80's. Felt kind of stifling.
stifling heat n muggy in seattle when its rarely above 80

Old 08-22-2019, 09:49 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Heh, okay. We'll pretend there aren't endless Seattle complaints. I love where I live; it's all good.
I didn’t know retiring at a young age was miserable, but hey I guess if you feel that way you really fit in with the run-of-the-mill seattleite buddy boyo.

Xenophobic-check
Trump Derangement Syndrome-check
Intolerant and incapable of seeing another point of view-check
Work is life-apparently check
Blame transplants (and God Emperor Trump) for all your problems-check

Wait, aren’t you a transplant? That’s new, a self-hating transplant...

Old 08-22-2019, 10:54 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
been no heat all cloudy wet summer
On what planet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
stifling heat n muggy in seattle when its rarely above 80
I have yet to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
I didn’t know retiring at a young age was miserable, but hey I guess if you feel that way you really fit in with the run-of-the-mill seattleite buddy boyo.

Xenophobic-check
Trump Derangement Syndrome-check
Intolerant and incapable of seeing another point of view-check
Work is life-apparently check
Blame transplants (and God Emperor Trump) for all your problems-check

Wait, aren’t you a transplant? That’s new, a self-hating transplant...
Why dont you 2 go out for a beer and settle this.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:00 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,407 times
Default Summer/Autumn transition

In my mind, each year, I think of a specific day that marks the change from (the tail end of) summer to the beginning of fall. This does not necessarily correspond with the official first day of fall on the calendar.

This year I view the first week of September as the last gasp of summer, and the thunderstorms last weekend as the beginning of fall.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:32 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
That is way too early. I don't remember another year since 2006 when fall started that early. It's usually late September when the temperatures significantly cool down and mid October when the rainy season arrives.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:01 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,407 times
This September the temperatures noticeably cooled down early in the month.

That being said, I accept that after the dividing line there can still be a bit of mild, sunny weather during the rest of September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: