Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 08:19 PM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times

Advertisements

Now we know what right-wing wet dreams look like.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:29 PM

92 posts, read 116,424 times
Seattle has been that way for over a decade. Its the demographics. Fat, socially awkward chicks that no one really wants and 3-4 guys deciding if they really want to settle for her.

Seattle is a beautiful city but if you didn't being your wife/gf, don't bother.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:41 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well my son moved to Seattle and married a beautiful girl. He is very handsome and makes a very good salary but he would probably agree with you that the competition for pretty girls there is extreme due to the oversupply of young men in the tech field (he is as well in IT). It's worse in Redmond where he worked so he moved to downtown Seattle. So I think OP has a valid point at least that single men coming to Seattle better have a very good dating game to date pretty women.
true words

Old 08-23-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
You said something very important: "if you are conservative". Yeah, that's a real turn off to a lot of women around here. I have a number of left leaning male buddies and clients in Seattle who are confident and make a decent income, not rich. I would say they also are decent looking not great. They have all kinds of dating options, tell me they go on the dating sites and can't keep up with the responses. So, i recap.

-Probably gonna do better if you are left leaning
-Being somewhat decent looking doesn't hurt.
-Having game, confidence, is really important wherever you are.
-Yeah, making a decent income helps, don't have to be rich though.
fair points

Old 08-23-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Here we go again, Seattle dating complain bingo:

[X] Fails to mention how/where they were trying to get dates
[X] Doesn't acknowledge they may have faults
[X] Indications of their own social disorder
[ ] Describe how good his game was in other cities
[X] Mentions "beta males" or socially inept competition
[ ] Even women he isn't interested in have turned him down
[ ] Seattle women are ugly
[X] Seattle women are superficial/wealth-obsessed
[X] Seattle women have horrible personalities
[X] Seattlites are snobs
[ ] Somehow gets "Seattle freeze" from non-natives
[X] Mentions at least one creepy thing
[X] Misogyny
[X] Posting as a future warning to others
[ ] Claims to have left or is leaving the city
[ ] Makes passive-aggressive complaint about passive-agressiveness
[X] Irrelevant complaints about weather/homeless/politics
[X] Other: Space Invaders?

Good sweep on this one. Bonus points for this not being the first thread he has started that complains about the same thing.

Edit: A bit of history might be needed here. Every now and then, a man will move to Seattle and have trouble mixing in. But it's not their fault, it is the fault of every person in Seattle, but especially the women who reject them. And not only that, but there are other problems with Seattle, the food is wrong, the weather ain't right, etc. It's a combination of homesickness, culture shock, and loneliness that makes people come on these groups and rant a warning to everyone else.
u hit on a bunch of great points..which are all true..thanks for confirming

Old 08-23-2019, 08:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
@thatguy950;
What's that supposed to be? Proof that your point is true? Or proof that the bro blogs are getting creative? lol

Or proof, that bro blog readers believe the bro blog propaganda?

*snicker*

Old 08-23-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoTime View Post
As is the case with most of these threads written by disgruntled transplants soon after their latest social rejection, the common thread to them is the inept person who was involved in evevy situation and encounter he cites.

In this instance the OP wants browsers to believe that somehow the costs of local goods and services are ‘behind’ the mountains, the lush green and the water.

Ignoring the fact that those have all been here since long before there were any goods and services.

Imagine the lush green this OP must’ve been smoking before penning all of that drivel.

And imagine the command of English he must’ve displayed in that chain letter offered to 100 online women.

And people wonder why...
yep...and all that drivel is true...all those reputation comments I'm getting on CD...show that I'm far from alone in my views

Old 08-23-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A friend of mine who was born and raised in Seattle, said that the last few years, he was approached several times by women in their 20's, offering him their numbers!! Out of nowhere, while he was walking his dog in local parks. This guy was late 50's-60 when these incidents occurred, was obese, and had the long hair of a Russian Orthodox priest, which was one of his side-gigs. (OK, not a priest, but a choir director & priest's assistant.) The women would usually tell him, that he looked like someone who'd be interesting to talk to, and that they'd love to have coffee with him sometime.

True story.

So, that should tell you something about Seattle women's interest in "worldly status", model looks, and high-powered careers.

And btw, OP, please: organize your screeds into paragraphs. So much easier to read. Or didn't you learn that in school? Seattle women do appreciate at least moderately-educated guys. And it's spelled "clique", not "click".

Seattle grammar Nazi?

Old 08-23-2019, 08:56 PM

301 posts, read 312,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Seattle grammar Nazi?
Probably punctuation, not grammar.
- A snobby Seattle elitist

Update: my bad, grammar as well. Although I’d personally start with punctuation, that wall of text was a rough ride.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebarnes View Post
To be generous to OP, Seattle's social scene is more reserved and if he's hitting on women in more aggressive ways it will be a turn off where it might not in another social milieu. We are more introverted here. Also, conservative or country is not really a big selling point in Seattle. Maybe head further south where it's more working class?

He gets a point for not calling Seattle women ugly because hyper-femininity isn't widespread here.

It is also true that due to the sausage fest (not entirely inaccurate) women have a lot of options.

My wonder about these kinds of posts is: how high are the OP's standards? If he's expecting very attractive, educated, in shape women - yeah there's a lot of competition for those since they get the pick of the guy litter. If you're just looking for a nice, average lady, you probably wouldn't have a problem.
some fair points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area