Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:54 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,159,764 times

Advertisements

REI clothes are VERY good outdoors clothes, regardless of whether rural people wear them or not. There are cheaper alternatives that can be as good, but usually REI carries some things that aren't outrageously priced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 01:59 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructoman! View Post
Great! You'll fit in perfectly with all the other boring pasty white people in Seattle! Get some REI gear, put a down-payment on a condo in Fremont, get an I-phone or a blackberry so you can a manage your fair-trade stocks on the fly and become a full-blown caffeine addict! Seattle will fit you like a glove!

(apologies to Seattlites who do not fit this description, but there are unfortunately plenty that do!)

And don't take my fashion observations so literally, dude.
When my wife went to Japan for an extended visit, she gave me her cell phone. I threw it in the trunk of the car, where it stayed for two months until the contract ran out. That's right, little cell phone...welcome to purgatory.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,053,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
When my wife went to Japan for an extended visit, she gave me her cell phone. I threw it in the trunk of the car, where it stayed for two months until the contract ran out. That's right, little cell phone...welcome to purgatory.
What a great idea!

I was an early convert to cell phones back in the early 90's, then in the summer of 2004 I lost my cell phone and never replaced it.

Sometimes I feel like the last person in the area to not own a cell phone...and I love it!

Old 06-29-2008, 03:08 PM

73 posts, read 248,548 times
Congratulations to both of you! If I was a homeowner I would probably ditch mine, but I move way too often so a cel is handy. I can't say I miss carrying around a list of contacts in my wallet and have to produce quarters when I was traveling though. And then if you had to call long distance you would have to dump like $5 worth of quarters in the pay phone! Plus it's convenient to get people's numbers on the fly.

The part I hate about owning a cell phone is because it's portable people expect you to answer your phone all the time, there is no excuse to be away from the phone, which I think is BS. Sometimes you just don't want to answer the GD phone!

Old 06-29-2008, 05:33 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,333,985 times
Being a real estate agent, I have to have a cell phone and an obvious bluetooth, so I can pretend to be making deals when I'm walking down the street.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 AM

854 posts, read 4,140,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Being a real estate agent, I have to have a cell phone and an obvious bluetooth, so I can pretend to be making deals when I'm walking down the street.
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 AM

29 posts, read 128,058 times
70 - You were lucky. What if the cell and umbrella had... had somehow hatched a plan to... to... well, whatever a cell phone and umbrella could conspire to do? Your trunk is starting to worry me.

I visited REI (my first visit. I was spellbound by all the wonderful "active people" gear they have) and they were very nice. I didn't have the vocab to ask for what I'd likely need should we move there (WA, not actually into REI) and they really worked with me. They suggested a couple of fleecey pullovery things and then various rain resistant/proof/cold weather deals to go over as needed.

My lofty plan (IF DH ever gets to WA for his personal interview and IF they offer him a job and IF yadda, yadda) is to become an "active person" myself. They always look so... healthy and good. I'd love to be that way. And until then I'd just have to look like a poseur, I guess.

I drank the granola bar flavored Kool-Aid they offered. Or was it that I ate the Kool-Aid flavored granola bar? Either way, it was nummy ;-)

alliecat

Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,492 times
Cell phones rock. I turned off my house phone a year and half ago and haven't looked back. It's been alot cheaper for me than to have both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: