Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 AM

8 posts, read 3,632 times

Advertisements

I’m arriving this weekend and the light rail appears a bit far from where my hotel will be (State Hotel). Is this reasonable walking distance or would I uber there? I’ll be toting a piece of luggage.. And I can’t find cost of light rail . Thanks in advance for suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 08:14 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2PNW View Post
I’m arriving this weekend and the light rail appears a bit far from where my hotel will be (State Hotel). Is this reasonable walking distance or would I uber there? I’ll be toting a piece of luggage.. And I can’t find cost of light rail . Thanks in advance for suggestions
Light rail is easy to get at the airport, get off at the Westlake stop downtown. Come out to street, you'll be 2-3 blocks from your hotel.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:19 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,900 times
Light rail fare from SeaTac to downtown tunnel stations (includes Westlake) is $3.

https://www.soundtransit.org/ride-wi...ght-rail-fares

Old 09-27-2019, 08:36 AM

Thanks so much!

Old 09-27-2019, 08:48 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Quote:
Uber right on over. Except the the Light Rail is, uh, about three blocks from that hotel, via Westlake Station.

Sometimes when I've had bags, I've Ubered that short a distance. It isn't impossible. Would be pretty stupid in this case, though, that being a straight line down Pine and one turn onto 2nd. If headed SW or W from the station, you're going the right way.

How about Googling "light rail seattle cost", that came up with the number I'm familiar with at peak/non-peak hours.

Too bad Ludi's closed, was right next door. Best Filipino breakfast in town, I learned about fried rice, eggs sunny side up, tocino, and plenty of hot coffeethere.

All bets are off if you're coming in dead of night, there are vagrants and bums all along that route who come out to shoot each other, do whatever it is they do in the street, and hassle taxpayers. I'd take a pass on that stroll after 8pm this time of year.

Careful you don't get lost at PP Market: it's haunted by the spirit of addled tourists! And flying fishes, of course.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:10 AM

Lol thanks. I arrive around 9am and the hotel will store my bags so I can tour around a bit before check in. I plan to do Pike’s (it’s like the Riverwalk here in San Antonio, must see at least once) Any suggestions for (reasonably priced) restaurants or sites are also appreciated. I probably won’t venture out too far after dark as I’m a woman traveling solo and unfamiliar with the areas

Old 09-27-2019, 11:23 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Sound Transit fares: "bistro pricing", at least using a senior, Orca card. joke.
The LINK, light rail, is located on the mezzanine level (parking level) of the terminal, Alaska airline side (left). You will cross over the skybridge to the parking structure. Take a left and you will come to the free cart shuttle to LINK. It's free, but I tip $1. Or a walk of 1000ft, do not walk in the middle of the walkway!!! prepare to wear a light coat.
Ticket machine is at the bottom of the escalators. Link runs ~8-12 minutes, look for the "University" side of platform. About 40 minutes to WestLake, in the tunnel.

in regards to Starbucks #1, it's Starbucks coffee, is it worth the wait-in-line?. I like the Starbucks at corner of Pike & 1st, no waiting. Starbucks is the cheap brand in Seattle. I

Use the free shuttle, https://downtownseattle.org/parking/#!/shuttle to get around in the core area (International District-Pike Place-SpaceNeedle & downtown hotels)

An acceptable meal $15-20 plus tip. Lunch may be slightly cheaper. Supper slight nightly higher.

Last edited by leastprime; 09-27-2019 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Corrected corner address for Starbucks

Old 09-27-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Lol thanks. I arrive around 9am and the hotel will store my bags so I can tour around a bit before check in. I plan to do Pike’s (it’s like the Riverwalk here in San Antonio, must see at least once) Any suggestions for (reasonably priced) restaurants or sites are also appreciated. I probably won’t venture out too far after dark as I’m a woman traveling solo and unfamiliar with the areas
Check out this fantastic "speakeasy", close to where you'll be and a really good vibe: Bathtub Gin & Co - Seattle - a Speakeasy style bar in the heart of Belltown with custom cocktails.

Green Leaf "provincial" Vietnamese restaurant (the Belltown location won't be very far from you) is delicious and atmospheric, here's the link: Green Leaf Vietnamese Restaurant | Seattle, WA - Chinatown, Belltown

Old 09-27-2019, 01:53 PM

1,304 posts, read 855,271 times
I can't believe none of the locals have pointed this out yet, but it's "Pike Place Market" or just "The Market" not "Pike's"....no point letting everyone know you're a tourist!

Old 09-27-2019, 02:33 PM

Here are some closeby places at or near the market: https://www.seattlemet.com/articles/...e-place-market

If you want world class, Sushi Kashiba is right there too: https://sushikashiba.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area