Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 02:22 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Near Aloha, yes. I've lived in several apartments in that area (including in the historic Ben Lomond). Went to art school at Cornish (on Roy). Gets you close to Volunteer Park. 15th through 19th, gets you close to Interlaken Park. Great area. (Unfortunately the Harvard Exit Theater is now the Mexican Consulate.)

I'd call that "mid-Capitol Hill," however. Or nearer Broadway, Denny to Aloha, "North Broadway." I think the area the OP referred to is more accurately north of Boston, encompassing the Roanoke, Portage Bay, and Montlake neighborhoods. There are some apartments there, but nowhere near the density south of Aloha.
Yeah, you're right, I guess I just meant the North end of Broadway, or the effective end of the commercial district. I think of that area as a great location, highly walkable, more mellow than Pike/Pine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 08:28 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,168 times
Right now, I am looking for homes (or townhomes) with a yard or at least an enclosed, fenced areas so she can be let outside first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Most of the locations in my price range (up to $3,000) that are available right now while I am in town looking are in Ballard, Magnolia, Queen Anne, Wallingford and Finney Ridge. I visited the Queen Anne location last night... the area looked very cool, but very pricey. Queen Anne Avenue has the vibe I am looking for, but I get the sense that if I frequent that area I will be paying a great deal for food and services.
Still, it has the shorter commute to downtown compared to the other places on the list above. So, it's a contender for now.
Tomorrow is the day I go see all the rentals on my appointment list. Hopefully something good shows up!

Old 11-04-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Right now, I am looking for homes (or townhomes) with a yard or at least an enclosed, fenced areas so she can be let outside first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Most of the locations in my price range (up to $3,000) that are available right now while I am in town looking are in Ballard, Magnolia, Queen Anne, Wallingford and Finney Ridge. I visited the Queen Anne location last night... the area looked very cool, but very pricey. Queen Anne Avenue has the vibe I am looking for, but I get the sense that if I frequent that area I will be paying a great deal for food and services.
Still, it has the shorter commute to downtown compared to the other places on the list above. So, it's a contender for now.
Tomorrow is the day I go see all the rentals on my appointment list. Hopefully something good shows up!
You are right, Queen Anne is the closest to downtown. Food shouldn't be too bad as long as you don't eat all the time. Queen Anne has a Trader Joe's, a Safeway, Metropolitan Market, Whole Foods not too far away. Good luck searching!

Old 11-05-2019, 11:26 AM

513 posts, read 499,332 times
Quote:
I don't think Upper Queen Anne food and services will be more expensive than other places, unless you were planning on living in maybe Chinatown or the Rainier Valley. It's also a nice area and not really on the way to anywhere else. It's a nice area.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Food shouldn't be too bad as long as you don't eat all the time.
Doesn't everyone?

I put in an application for a place NE of Green Lake. Still looking a bit, but Green Lake, near enough to 99, turns out to have a pretty decent commute time. I'm going to see the place at Queen Anne tomorrow and anything else I can find over the next couple of days and still have time to view before I leave.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Doesn't everyone?

I put in an application for a place NE of Green Lake. Still looking a bit, but Green Lake, near enough to 99, turns out to have a pretty decent commute time. I'm going to see the place at Queen Anne tomorrow and anything else I can find over the next couple of days and still have time to view before I leave.
I meant "eat out", funny. My office is at Green Lake, bet you'll like it if you end up there. I'm just a couple blocks from that PCC, your place near there. An underestimated part of living near Green Lake is the 3 mile level loop around the lake, easy to stay in shape, just get outside.

Old 11-06-2019, 10:48 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I meant "eat out", funny. My office is at Green Lake, bet you'll like it if you end up there. I'm just a couple blocks from that PCC, your place near there. An underestimated part of living near Green Lake is the 3 mile level loop around the lake, easy to stay in shape, just get outside.
And the RapidRide E-Line along Aurora is a quick commute to Downtown. Easy access to Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, Roosevelt, U District, and Northgate, without having to be in them.

Old 11-06-2019, 05:52 PM

I decided to drop the Queen Anne appointment... it's Green Lake for me. Yes, having the trail around the lake will be great. Also, I like how central it is. I don't know where my wife's job is eventually going to be, but downtown and the University are both distinct possibilities, so that is a fairly short commute. And if it happens to be outside Seattle to the east of north, I-5 is close. Should also help with getting out of town for hikes, skiing, etc.

I'm pretty happy with the choice .

Old 11-06-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I decided to drop the Queen Anne appointment... it's Green Lake for me. Yes, having the trail around the lake will be great. Also, I like how central it is. I don't know where my wife's job is eventually going to be, but downtown and the University are both distinct possibilities, so that is a fairly short commute. And if it happens to be outside Seattle to the east of north, I-5 is close. Should also help with getting out of town for hikes, skiing, etc.

I'm pretty happy with the choice .

Good call, you'll like it, my office is there, beers on me! Added benefit, just about walking distance to new Roosevelt light rail station opening 2021.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area