U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 07:04 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,105,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
They’re the class of the Pac 12 now, two years in a row over the dawgs, as painful as that is to say as a husky
The Dawgs were competitive with the Ducks, so that is a good sign. They will never admit it, but this is a rebuilding year. Eason hopefully will stick around for another year. I think he may be eligible for a couple more years. And isn't it convenient that I mention a transfer from Georgia (Eason), on a thread involving a move from Atlanta to Seattle! Right on topic!

Last edited by pnwguy2; 10-19-2019 at 07:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 08:37 PM

1,453 posts, read 1,326,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
The Dawgs were competitive with the Ducks, so that is a good sign. They will never admit it, but this is a rebuilding year. Eason hopefully will stick around for another year. I think he may be eligible for a couple more years. And isn't it convenient that I mention a transfer from Georgia (Eason), on a thread involving a move from Atlanta to Seattle! Right on topic!
I think he’s gone after this year, he’s 1000% NFL ready and built like a freight train

Old 10-19-2019, 08:50 PM

6,256 posts, read 6,070,082 times
Yep - I think Jacob Eason is going to be gone - he looks NFL ready, really. Nice game, dogs, you fought hard. That's all Chris Petersen can ask or all the rest of us could ask. Good show, Huskies. Just keep playing ball. You're doing well. Very, very well.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Yep - I think Jacob Eason is going to be gone - he looks NFL ready, really. Nice game, dogs, you fought hard. That's all Chris Petersen can ask or all the rest of us could ask. Good show, Huskies. Just keep playing ball. You're doing well. Very, very well.
Could be he is gone. Don't agree with "Very, very well", with three conference losses. Looks like another meaningless bowl game for the Dawgs. Though I did like their spirit against Oregon today. I think the future is bright, and Coach Pete is doing his best despite some youth and inexperience on the team. But I guess we are veering off topic here...so be it...Atlanta to Seattle...a good move for someone out there, perhaps the OP!

Old 10-19-2019, 11:36 PM

4,799 posts, read 2,193,807 times
We get to do this again tomorrow with the SeaHawks (5-1) vs Baltimore Ravens (4-2), at home, @1:25 pm local.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
We get to do this again tomorrow with the SeaHawks (5-1) vs Baltimore Ravens (4-2), at home, @1:25 pm local.
this is going to be a very tough game for the hawks. I think it will be close, about a three point win at the end of the day. By either team. And yes I am guilty of being way off-topic here! Atlanta? Yeah, not a good NFL team right now.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 10-20-2019 at 12:42 AM..

Old 10-20-2019, 01:06 AM

4,799 posts, read 2,193,807 times
^The OP is a sports fan. (Atlanta United FC, Falcons, and mentions the NHL).
As a single guy, he can live anywhere he wants and afford.

As for purchasing a home, Our son, saved for 2 years, without contributing to retirement and lived in shared housing for 5 years. Then he saved another year to replenished his savings. Also he got big raises in those years, 2012, 2013, & 2014.

Last edited by leastprime; 10-20-2019 at 01:26 AM..

Old 10-20-2019, 01:06 AM

4,810 posts, read 2,928,356 times
All Seahawks games are close. Nothing new there. Even when they lose there's a chance with one minute left. Knock on wood.

As for the car...definitely don't need one. For the occasional trip to the hinterlands, saving $10,000 a year (or whatever AAA says these days) will pay for several times the rentals you might actually need.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:51 AM

6,256 posts, read 6,070,082 times
Could be he is gone. Don't agree with "Very, very well", with three conference losses. Looks like another meaningless bowl game for the Dawgs. Though I did like their spirit against Oregon today. I think the future is bright, and Coach Pete is doing his best despite some youth and inexperience on the team. But I guess we are veering off topic here...so be it...Atlanta to Seattle...a good move for someone out there, perhaps the OP!

Yeah, I know the Dawgs aren't playing hot football now, I am just a hopeless Husky fan no matter how they're playing. There's no other NCAA Division 1 team I follow and care about. The Cougars? Come on!

As for our Seahawks, whew, they're playing great ball and there's a certain team in red down south on the California coast that is just as hot with a former loud-mouth Seahawk that will really want to put the Hawks away soon. They will need ta be on their toes today against the Baltimore Ravens. On their toes running good routes for our wonderful QB and Carson and the other backs are going to need to come through on the rushes.

Say hello again to Earl Thomas people! He's back!! 27-17 Seahawks today. Go Seahawks!!!!

Old 10-20-2019, 06:21 AM

6,464 posts, read 3,613,169 times
Thanks all.

Car: Gonna try not owning for a few months or a year to start, then if I really want to I can buy one. But it just may not make financial sense, especially since it seems you have to pay monthly for a parking space out there. (Not the case yet in most ATL apartments.) We’ll see.

Weather, people, darkness, COL, various warnings: Hey, worst case scenario I’ll just move back in a couple years. Or I’ll stay if I fall in love with it. It’s an adventure.

Sports: I figure with 2 NFL, MLB, and MLS teams to follow, I’m doubling my odds of success. And Seattle doesn’t currently have an NBA team and Atlanta will doubtfully ever get a 3rd NHL team, so there’s no conflict there. And I don’t care at all about college (gasp).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or