Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 11:55 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times

Advertisements

OP = band wagon fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 06:33 PM

269 posts, read 297,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
"Seahawks go to Super Bowl Three out of the Last Four Years". Whoops, sorry, I mean your other professional team the Seattle Sounders! We are through to the MLS Cup final for the 3rd time in 4 years, when are you soccer haters going to give them a chance? Come on, imagine a world where you might enjoy something you didn't think you would.

Great match, highlight link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLG_...kq0msQv_cNftt0

Wake up, you clueless fools.

Where else does a team play .470 ball and win the championship without even a legitimate shot at the goal?

Christ, if we just dumbed down baseball we could bring it to the Mariners’ .470 (or .370) level and host the championship here every year.

Instead we at least respect tradition without needing to water-down the competition in order to get it to a local level.

Soccer is just simply BOOOOOORING...

and appropriate only for neighborhoods which collectively can’t afford any sports equipment beyond the community ball.

Not to mention that soccer is far more dangerous to spectators than any big league sport.

Nobody cares about that sh**

Old 10-31-2019, 07:11 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoTime View Post

Where else does a team play .470 ball and win the championship without even a legitimate shot at the goal?

Christ, if we just dumbed down baseball we could bring it to the Mariners’ .470 (or .370) level and host the championship here every year.

Instead we at least respect tradition without needing to water-down the competition in order to get it to a local level.

and appropriate only for neighborhoods which collectively can’t afford any sports equipment beyond the community ball.

Not to mention that soccer is far more dangerous to spectators than any big league sport.

No words, bro, agree to disagree. I've watched soccer in packed stadiums from Paris to Rio to Africa. Rich people, poor people, everyone loves it.

Old 10-31-2019, 07:59 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoTime View Post

I can only feel sorry for your complete lack of knowledge and ignorance.

Last edited by Botev1912; 10-31-2019 at 08:13 PM..

Old 10-31-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I can only feel sorry for your complete lack of knowledge and ignorance.
Here's a little love for Mondo: https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...world.amp.html

Old 11-01-2019, 08:49 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Hmm, let's see. American Football: the game is 3.5 hours long, out of which you get 12 minutes of actual action, if you're lucky. Talk about a boring game. The only way it can be entertaining is via replaying every down, debating referee calls, showing endless ads, and watching the cheerleaders. You can't even get a decent hit any more: half the time they get flagged. Plus you get to know the players are getting brain damaged, when they're not in crutches. I'd rather watch a good soccer match any day.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:06 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Watching soccer is every bit about as fun as watching the grass grow in Dodge City, KS. Give me mlb, NFL, NBA and NCAA Division 1 football and basketball any and every day of the week.

Oh, I have watched the grass grow in Dodge City, KS, before. And I've cut the grass in Dodge City, KS, several times before. Watching MLS is right around the same amount of excitement as that. I've given it many chances to entertain me, all of those on TV. I couldn't imagine paying more than $5.00 to watch major league soccer, really. That's about where elkotronics pegs major league soccer. But don't let me steal your enjoyment - go root on the Sounders!

GO SEAHAWK's and the U of Washington Husky football team!

Old 11-01-2019, 05:09 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,632 times
I just looked at cup ticket prices online. Pretty pricey for seats.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:08 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Watching soccer is every bit about as fun as watching the grass grow in Dodge City, KS. Give me mlb, NFL, NBA and NCAA Division 1 football and basketball any and every day of the week.

Oh, I have watched the grass grow in Dodge City, KS, before. And I've cut the grass in Dodge City, KS, several times before. Watching MLS is right around the same amount of excitement as that. I've given it many chances to entertain me, all of those on TV. I couldn't imagine paying more than $5.00 to watch major league soccer, really. That's about where elkotronics pegs major league soccer. But don't let me steal your enjoyment - go root on the Sounders!

GO SEAHAWK's and the U of Washington Husky football team!
Understood. Soccer is a bit like baseball in that if you grow up watching and playing it, you appreciate and enjoy it a lot more. It takes a while to come to enjoy all the nuances, drama, and constant flow of the sport. Some people do get surprisingly insecure about an international sport that, frankly, the US isn't very good at, and thus try to attack it for no good reason. Do they feel threatened by it? I don't know. Note that I'm also a fan of NCAA football and basketball, if only because of the variety of style matchups and skill levels. NFL has become less watchable than it used to be, and the NBA is dead to me now.

Go Hawks, Dawgs and Sounders!

Old 11-03-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Understood. Soccer is a bit like baseball in that if you grow up watching and playing it, you appreciate and enjoy it a lot more. It takes a while to come to enjoy all the nuances, drama, and constant flow of the sport. Some people do get surprisingly insecure about an international sport that, frankly, the US isn't very good at, and thus try to attack it for no good reason. Do they feel threatened by it? I don't know. Note that I'm also a fan of NCAA football and basketball, if only because of the variety of style matchups and skill levels. NFL has become less watchable than it used to be, and the NBA is dead to me now.

Go Hawks, Dawgs and Sounders!
Exactly. Baseball is about as slow and boring as the come, until you understand the nuances. Then it is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area