Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 11:11 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times

Advertisements

This could explain why this virus is so easily contracted.

Tests indicate coronavirus can survive in the air
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 08:22 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Seattle placed on lockdown in the very near future.

Was just at the QFC on Broadway and Pike. Nearly out of hand soap and paper towels. Canned goods, rice, pasta dwindling. Obviously no TP, sanitizer, Lysol type products, etc. Restaurants and bars I walked by were at most 40% full. Brand new bubble tea shop on Broadway and James has a sign posted outside saying they’re closed indefinitely. Crazy times.

My partner and I went out for dinner and drinks on Capitol Hill last night because we wanted to support the local businesses in our neighborhood while we still can. We made a point to tip generously because everywhere was just so dead, and it’s their livelihood. I feel really bad for service industry workers right now, and people in a number of other industries.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:07 PM

1,155 posts, read 961,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Seattle placed on lockdown in the very near future.

Was just at the QFC on Broadway and Pike. Nearly out of hand soap and paper towels. Canned goods, rice, pasta dwindling. Obviously no TP, sanitizer, Lysol type products, etc. Restaurants and bars I walked by were at most 40% full. Brand new bubble tea shop on Broadway and James has a sign posted outside saying they’re closed indefinitely. Crazy times.

My partner and I went out for dinner and drinks on Capitol Hill last night because we wanted to support the local businesses in our neighborhood while we still can. We made a point to tip generously because everywhere was just so dead, and it’s their livelihood. I feel really bad for service industry workers right now, and people in a number of other industries.
We're braced for lockdown in our home. I'm sick already with flu-like symptoms. I've been home from work for 9 days. So far my children are not sick.

We've stocked up on everything we can. Obviously we could not find masks or disinfecting wipes for love nor money.

I wanted to get a backup thermometer, because our old one is giving inconsistent temperatures, and a fingertip oxygen monitor, but I couldn't find those available anywhere, either.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:13 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josie13 View Post
We're braced for lockdown in our home. I'm sick already with flu-like symptoms. I've been home from work for 9 days. So far my children are not sick.

We've stocked up on everything we can. Obviously we could not find masks or disinfecting wipes for love nor money.

I wanted to get a backup thermometer, because our old one is giving inconsistent temperatures, and a fingertip oxygen monitor, but I couldn't find those available anywhere, either.
Oh Josie, hope you feel better! Keep looking on Amazon for thermometer and the things you need. Things pop up, we got lucky today with some reasonably priced hand sanitizer.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:50 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Great, you just outlined multiple additional vectors of disease into the United States. Curious how the Coyotes and Pollos running that every night would feel met with tanks and aircraft. Doubt would be that severe, though.

A single case actually discovered in Mexico City should warrant shutting down the border that afternoon, given the latency of this damn thing, full quarantine of ALL travelers. Largest city in the world, nothing would stop it at that point, kind of like the "Deputy Minister of Health" (so called) in Iran actually having the goddamn disease, and coughing in the face of reporters. Yes, that's today's news.

Also, should this go on...and...on...there will be "caravans" of "refugees" from Third World cesspools south of Mexico marching north to suckle at our medical system. Whom do you think will be in those caravan(s)? Disease, hopelessness. Death.

Bull****. Take care of your own problems, take it up with the junta or the gangs that run your cesspool.

And don't depend on some moron Third World, Communist police state to take care of anything. They have very few resources and no concern at-all for individuals; they're worried about "the State" and nothing else. Didn't work, did it?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I simply can't believe how events have unfolded! I'm sure you can share in a little amusement from irony:

[url]https://kvia.com/news/border/2020/03/13/mexico-may-restrict-border-crossings-due-to-growing-u-s-cases-of-coronavirus/[/url]

Old 03-14-2020, 08:54 AM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but I simply can't believe how events have unfolded! I'm sure you can share in a little amusement from irony:

https://kvia.com/news/border/2020/03...f-coronavirus/
Great link mom. “Those dirty Americans, keep them out!”

Old 03-14-2020, 10:22 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Great link mom. “Those dirty Americans, keep them out!”
[url]https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/guatemala-bans-flights-from-us-canada-to-contain-coronavirus-spread/[/url]

Guatemala thinks so too!

Old 03-15-2020, 10:06 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times
Almost everything except grocery stores and pharmacies is closed. I can't believe what's happening.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/cor...EQ5YCL75367PU/

Old 03-16-2020, 09:44 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Well, of course, due to the pathetic and expensive, and ineffective USA HC system... many foreign nationals with pre-existing conditions have been banned from visiting the USA for the previous decades.

When living in NZ and Australia, the locals referred to the USA HC system as 'Barbaric'.

Quite obvious to the world by looking at the 'Covid-19 numbers' from Germany, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan (Who all have decent / pro-active HC systems).

USA is not finishing this race in the lead!. (Unless it's a race to the grave)

Old 03-16-2020, 12:17 PM

1,155 posts, read 961,676 times
Default WHO says ‘Test every suspected case’

Quote:
World Health Organization says some nations aren’t running enough coronavirus tests: ‘Test every suspected case’

The World Health Organization’s top official criticized some nations for not doing enough to detect and contain the deadly coronavirus that’s infected more than 174,000 people across the world.

There’s been a rapid escalation of COVID-19 cases over the past week, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters at a virtual press conference Monday. “But we have not seen an urgent enough escalation in testing, isolation and contact tracing, which is the backbone of the response,” he said.

“We have a simple message for all countries: test, test, test. Test every suspected case, if they test positive, isolate them and find out who they have been in contact with two days before they developed symptoms and test those people, too,” Tedros said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/who-...cted-case.html

Seattle is not doing this. WA is not doing this. USA is not doing this. We're barely testing at all compared to how many people we estimate must be infected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area