Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 07:09 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times

Advertisements

Here’s mine, solo 3 week backpacking trip I just took to Sulawesi, Indonesia this past December. I’m no professional writer but here are a couple short blogs I wrote (just finished up with all this free time at home) about my walkabout that may amuse you. Please reciprocate, I’m getting stir crazy and need some more travel locations to dream about !

https://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Indo...g-1046484.html

https://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Indo...g-1047511.html

Last edited by homesinseattle; 03-14-2020 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 10:11 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
I went to the Dominican in February. They had just gotten over the Americans dying issue. I normally love adventurous vacations but I wanted a beach vacation this time where I didn’t have to focus on anything but relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. My partner and I were among the very few West Coasters there. We met a lovely couple from LA, but most of the people we met were from Canada or the East Coast. It’s a really beautiful country with mountains and beaches and very green. Sort of like Seattle, if it were tropical

Old 03-14-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I went to the Dominican in February. They had just gotten over the Americans dying issue. I normally love adventurous vacations but I wanted a beach vacation this time where I didn’t have to focus on anything but relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. My partner and I were among the very few West Coasters there. We met a lovely couple from LA, but most of the people we met were from Canada or the East Coast. It’s a really beautiful country with mountains and beaches and very green. Sort of like Seattle, if it were tropical

Beautiful photos fox, did you get up to that lush mountain town of Jarabacoa? I haven’t been but have heard there are many waterfalls and adventure sports up that way, and cooler air.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:29 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Since you asked... In early January I went to services for my mom in Minneapolis and Racine, WI. Three weeks later I went to Mexico for services for my father-in-law.

Oh wait. Those weren't vacations...

Old 03-14-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Since you asked... In early January I went to services for my mom in Minneapolis and Racine, WI. Three weeks later I went to Mexico for services for my father-in-law.

Oh wait. Those weren't vacations...
saucer mom, I'm truly sorry for your losses, can only hope that they turned into some form of life celebrations.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:04 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
Short trip (3 days) to Monterey CA to visit sister in fall 2019, after our father died. She had a lot of restrictions.
No enjoyable trips while in Oregon. Caregiver for nearly 20 years.
I had dreams to go this March to Argentina in a self tour but CV dashed that.
Then I wanted to go to Hou and Atl to visit cousins but then CV kill that.
Now I want to go to fred meyer for food, but my wife is restricting that because of CV.
One of these days I will make a breakout.

Old 03-15-2020, 10:37 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Beautiful photos fox, did you get up to that lush mountain town of Jarabacoa? I haven’t been but have heard there are many waterfalls and adventure sports up that way, and cooler air.
No, I would normally have wanted to be more adventurous (and in retrospect, would have been if I’d have had a clearer idea of what the coronavirus was going to turn out to be), but this was more of a low key vacation. We were in Puerto Plata on the northern coast, went to the downtown area and just a bit of hiking in the surrounding mountains. The second pic was taken from Paradise Island, this gorgeous sandbar a mile or so off the coast. I’ve never seen such beautiful cerulean waters in my life. It was really amazing. We hung out there for a few hours and took a speedboat there and back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: