Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 09:15 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times

Advertisements

I'm sick of being stuck at home like most people are. When will normal life return to Seattle??

Jay insalee extended the stay at home order until may 4th 2020.

I haven't seen my girlfriend in over 4 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 10:22 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
I bet it gets extended to May 31st because of the information quoted in this article:

[url]https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/new-models-show-social-distancing-making-positive-impact-in-washington-state[/url]

Old 04-07-2020, 10:53 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Germany has been drafting some interesting plans for implementing a scaling back of their lockdown, which may provide a useful working template:

https://www.france24.com/en/20200406...virus-lockdown

They are also looking at 'immunity certificates':

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...ockdown-2020-3

Implementing these will require improved testing techniques.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:05 AM

606 posts, read 419,500 times
I hope it does not get extended further. That's going to leave an even bigger economic hole the longer this goes on. I'm still working but I would like to actually be able to do something other than walking and occasionally shopping.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:56 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
OP: Why don't you move-in with your GF or vice versa? Unless the relationship hasn't reached that point?.
I will tell you, after 45 years with my GF, we could use a little distance, more often

JMO, I am imagining Insley to relax restrictions in June. We personally will restrict our personal movements into July-August. We will sneak out to take some walks before then. We are seniors, so we have to be careful.

Old 04-08-2020, 01:04 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Hopefully just in time for the summer. This projection chart says its possible it will completely taper off in Washington by mid-May.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...ica/washington

Old 04-08-2020, 01:49 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I'm sick of being stuck at home like most people are. When will normal life return to Seattle??

Not trying to be rude, but life will return to normal once the threat of sickness and death has decreased to an acceptable level. To me the acceptable level of death is ZERO. If somebody has the inside scoop on the exact date that we can go to our normal lives, please let us know cuz dealing with this crisis is BS, but the alternative is even worse... And speaking for myself, I’m in no hurry to roll the dices with death.

There are ways to deal with boredom. You are still free to walk around outside, while keeping a respectable social distancing from others. Call, email or text friends and family members. You can do yard work or finally reorganize “things” in your home or simply catch up on watching DVDs, listening to music or reading a book.

It might help if you create a schedule to follow. Assign yourself certain daily tasks to completed and schedule your meals at the same time as well. If you can create a workable routine for yourself, this might work.

To be honest, I’m required to report to work everyday, but I wouldn’t mind being stuck in the house for several weeks... I’d love to finally organize all the stuff in my home and do some yard work and clean up the garage.

OP, good luck!!

Old 04-08-2020, 01:57 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
No 'normal' until vaccine is proven and available to 'commoners'.

'Modified normal' as soon as we get the 3m+ 'test kits' (available 2 months ago, except in USA...)

We will need to ALL test frequently and... (if VF) wear our public symbols / tags / MAGA hats to be allowed into public places.

I would target mid June for relaxed regs (and possibly a return of + infections)

Some states will not even be realizing by June that they should have 'sheltered' (their CV-19 numbers will always climb). Thus... normal travel between states / countries is FAR off! except for a potential summer lull (which we do not know yet, as CV-19 does fine in some tropical / desert / 'summer like' climes)

Talked to relatives in GA and AL tonight. They had no clue CV-19 could be spread by those without symptoms (same view as their governor).

If we could have just locked up the politicians and handled this with science (or common sense) .

Jan 20 + 6 weeks. = Done deal (or at least be controlled and no need for 'cowering-in- place' for fear of the unknown... 'super-spreaders' who don't know they are carriers, and may never have symptoms themselves.

If I hadn't seen my GF for 4 weeks, I would feel quite 'under-control'. Some GF's LOVE the separation!!!
absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely ― Charles M. Schulz
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/225...-it-sure-makes

Many of us have spent YEARS away from spouse / kids / family / GF... (military / foreign work assignments / oil jobs / eldercare...). I like to read my neighbor's love letters to each other during WWII (Everyday to each other for 3 yrs!). Great time to brush up on your poetry!

Nothing worth keeping / saving / honoring ...ever comes ez.
enjoy your health!

Similar to the parents getting to 'home-school'.

Teachable moment (for now). Soon it will be lost forever. And you will return to being a 'kid' taxi driver, for your 'absentee' family. then... they are GONE, sometimes forever.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:55 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,094 times
Far better to be sick of being stuck at home...than sick with COVID.

No whining.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:59 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post

When? Nobody knows.

Can't you or your GF drive a car to see each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area