Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 03:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times

Advertisements

Suspicious is suspicious regardless of partisan political bickering and I really don't care who wins in November or who looks good or bad right now. I see all that for what it really is; bread and circus to keep you/us distracted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 05:31 PM

13,071 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I tried to order a web-cam from Amazon so I can video-conf. with my local Doctor. They just rejected it, saying I had cancelled the order. Hmm. Liars. If they aren't going to ship certain gear, you'd think the web site would at least say so.
Get a Kindle fire. Inexpensive,

Old 05-12-2020, 05:45 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Suspicious is suspicious regardless of partisan political bickering and I really don't care who wins in November or who looks good or bad right now. I see all that for what it really is; bread and circus to keep you/us distracted.
I wonder how many of these so-called “contact tracers” will get those neat Stasi uniforms they’ve always been wanting

Old 05-12-2020, 06:42 PM

51 posts, read 67,136 times
So let me get this straight...poor independent restaurant owners now have to keep a log of all their patrons, and possibly deal with an even bigger loss of customers from people who will stay home to maintain what's left of their privacy? Yikes, what's next? Google giving smartphone location data to the Contract Tracer task force? "Never let a good crisis go to waste" indeed.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 304 times
Default it's so wrong to depend on wrong science

Jay is saying he is relying on the science. However, the models that predicted the infection and death rates by the UW have been so wrong. It said 1 to 2 million in the early stage and then 100k to 220k and then 60k and then now what? They say they are only as accurate as the information available to them. However, some others have shown to be much more accurate. This is coming from a Husky so it's painful to admit this. Anyway, we started the lock down first. Other States followed but they are opening up before us. They are relying on more accurate science. We should do that as well. The better science is what we need to follow, not this ever wrong and constantly behind curve model. If Jay is smarter, he would've already opened up and we'd be in stage 2 some time ago. He is not looking out for us here as he likes to say. If he were, he would've done more research and found better models to follow. There were epidemiologists who predicted more sensical infection and death rates. We should follow them. Most of them have stated that we needed to start opening up sooner. We are not even in stage 2 according to this erroneous Jay plan. We need to be more logical and sensible here. The better science has proven to be more accurate and not listening to it is wrong. Plainly wrong. For example, Georgia which opened the first and blamed by everyone that they were opening up too soon is showing that the infection and death rates are not spiking or even increasing unusually. On the contrary, California which is still in lock down and will be another three months almost has shown the opposite trend. So, it's so obvious which way we need to go here. I am by training and education a scientist. I can unequivocally tell you that wrong science based on wrong data is relied upon by Jay. This is a huge mistake. We always need to do our best to do the proper due diligence and find the best data applied model in conjunction with other study models (which in this case is other States that opened up now).

Old 05-13-2020, 01:23 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,873,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browns58 View Post
Jay is saying he is relying on the science. However, the models that predicted the infection and death rates by the UW have been so wrong. It said 1 to 2 million in the early stage and then 100k to 220k and then 60k and then now what? They say they are only as accurate as the information available to them. However, some others have shown to be much more accurate. This is coming from a Husky so it's painful to admit this. Anyway, we started the lock down first. Other States followed but they are opening up before us. They are relying on more accurate science. We should do that as well. The better science is what we need to follow, not this ever wrong and constantly behind curve model. If Jay is smarter, he would've already opened up and we'd be in stage 2 some time ago. He is not looking out for us here as he likes to say. If he were, he would've done more research and found better models to follow. There were epidemiologists who predicted more sensical infection and death rates. We should follow them. Most of them have stated that we needed to start opening up sooner. We are not even in stage 2 according to this erroneous Jay plan. We need to be more logical and sensible here. The better science has proven to be more accurate and not listening to it is wrong. Plainly wrong. For example, Georgia which opened the first and blamed by everyone that they were opening up too soon is showing that the infection and death rates are not spiking or even increasing unusually. On the contrary, California which is still in lock down and will be another three months almost has shown the opposite trend. So, it's so obvious which way we need to go here. I am by training and education a scientist. I can unequivocally tell you that wrong science based on wrong data is relied upon by Jay. This is a huge mistake. We always need to do our best to do the proper due diligence and find the best data applied model in conjunction with other study models (which in this case is other States that opened up now).
I generally agree with this, but WA is doing a "phase-in", and that does make sense. I think a moderate approach is correct here. Let's open up counties that don't have many cases, then go from there. Should King County open up immediately? No. But others in the State should be phase 2 quickly. I agree about not opening too quickly like some States are currently doing, but we need to find a balance. L.A. shut down for three more months seems extreme, but may be correct for that area. But Washington needs to really look at individual areas and make judgements accordingly.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:27 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Fascism lands in Washington.

Therefore, those individuals that refuse to cooperate with contact tracers and/or refuse testing, those individuals will not be allowed to leave their homes to purchase basic necessities such as groceries and/or prescriptions. Those persons will need to make arrangements through friends, family, or a state provided “family support personnel.”

Old 05-13-2020, 09:28 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Default Fascism lands in Washington

I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

Therefore, those individuals that refuse to cooperate with contact tracers and/or refuse testing, those individuals will not be allowed to leave their homes to purchase basic necessities such as groceries and/or prescriptions. Those persons will need to make arrangements through friends, family, or a state provided “family support personnel.”

Old 05-13-2020, 10:02 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,900,710 times
Covid Nazis: Better a Covidiot Than a Covid Nazi

Old 05-13-2020, 10:27 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,327 times
Patiently waiting for “concerned citizens” (Brown Shirts) and statists to come along and defend this insanity

B-b-b-ut curve and my safety, I’m reporting you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area