Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2020, 10:13 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I can't help you either.
Sure. Don't acknowledge my point of your abrupt contradiction, but it makes you appear unstable and unreliable and not someone I want to engage with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 10:29 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Fascism avoids critical thinking at all costs. So Inslee just plows ahead in his 'logical ' thought process e.g. if they go out to eat we will track them, if they go to a concert we will take their photos and track them. And if they say "no" we will not allow them to leave their home (the location in some studies where people actually contract the virus) and if they refuse we will arrest them.

You see, it all makes perfect sense because each of the proposed steps follow a logical pattern just as with all evil. No thought, No critical Thinking just the next step.

“The trouble with Eichmann was precisely that so many were like him, and that the many were neither perverted nor sadistic, that they were, and still are, terribly and terrifyingly normal. From the viewpoint of our legal institutions and of our moral standards of judgment, this normality was much more terrifying than all the atrocities put together.”
― Hannah Arendt, Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil
Excellent post. I would have no trouble with some manner of contact tracing that is informative in nature and leaves response up to me. "Someone who ate at the same restaurant as you has since tested positive. You and your family may be at risk too. You may want to be extra careful, and get a test if you're concerned or show any symptoms."

What is NOT OK is this army of contact tracers who will enforce testing and isolation on people, by force if necessary, at their sole discretion.

We have crossed a line here, people! And we'd better stop and back up while we still can.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:49 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Excellent post. I would have no trouble with some manner of contact tracing that is informative in nature and leaves response up to me. "Someone who ate at the same restaurant as you has since tested positive. You and your family may be at risk too. You may want to be extra careful, and get a test if you're concerned or show any symptoms."

What is NOT OK is this army of contact tracers who will enforce testing and isolation on people, by force if necessary, at their sole discretion.

We have crossed a line here, people! And we'd better stop and back up while we still can.
Getting politicians to give up power and control is like trying to unscramble an egg

Old 05-14-2020, 10:58 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:

It's the end of the world!

The drama is at least amusing. Inslee said anyone testing positive would be helped. He also said contact tracers were working on behalf of health, not law, but of course the right wingers immediately lose their minds. This "people will die of starvation in their homes" is full on lying. Inslee said people who tested positive would be helped. From that, right wingers leap to "they won't be able to go to the store or pharmacy and they will die!" We have self proclaimed health workers vehemently opposed to contact tracing. What is the motivation? Increasing the case load? Complete over the top hysteria that exposes just how conspiracies happen.

Responses like this in the Seattle forum make no sense. Washington's capital is not even in Seattle and all it does is bring in the rural hysterics. Washington went from #1 in virus cases to #18. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 05-14-2020, 11:02 AM

Oh there's so much here that is troubling about that attitude, Seacove. I don't have the heart or the time to repeat it all again, I have some outdoor projects I want to get started on, but I'd encourage all to read through this thread that does thoroughly cover the subject:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ou-do-not.html
WA State: If you do not comply with contact tracing, will not be allowed to leave their homes...

Old 05-14-2020, 11:05 AM

One short answer on contact tracing... as a practical matter it is just far too late. Contract tracing works to contain a virus that is not yet in the population. It is of no use on a virus which is already world-wide. We WILL NOT contain the virus this way.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Oh there's so much here that is troubling about that attitude, Seacove. I don't have the heart or the time to repeat it all again, I have some outdoor projects I want to get started on, but I'd encourage all to read through this thread that does thoroughly cover the subject:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ou-do-not.html
I read it. I saw the hysterical posts and saw your many posts there as well. That's exactly why I commented. Alex Jones has many avenues to promote his conspiracies. It doesn't make them anymore true. This type of over the top rhetoric is going to get someone hurt. I have family that has been deployed due to this virus. Some innocent medic could get hurt over this nonsense.

Quote:
One short answer on contact tracing... as a practical matter it is just far too late. Contract tracing works to contain a virus that is not yet in the population. It is of no use on a virus which is already world-wide. We WILL NOT contain the virus this way.
That kind of logic is like saying there's no point in reassembling a crashed plane. We will learn a great deal from contact tracing.

Last edited by Seacove; 05-14-2020 at 11:21 AM..

Old 05-14-2020, 11:28 AM

I'm tired of people fearmongering over this virus while accusing anyone who questions any of the decisions being made, of fearmongering.

And I don't know a thing about Alex Jones. Really. The only source I quoted on that thread was, I think the Washington State Law.

Have a nice day all.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I'm tired of people fearmongering over this virus while accusing anyone who questions any of the decisions being made, of fearmongering.

And I don't know a thing about Alex Jones. Really. The only source I quoted on that thread was, I think the Washington State Law.

Have a nice day all.
Right wing opposition to efforts to contain the virus is why Yakima, a county of only 250K and ranked #8 in population, has the second most virus cases in the state and the third most deaths.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:00 PM

Another non sequitur.

The other thing I'm tired of is labeling everyone by party so you can discount their opinion without considering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area