Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 813 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I am a physician moving to Seattle to work at UW medical in Montlake. I am looking for a quiet and safe place to rent an apartment. I've heard Bellevue is a very nice place with lots of trails and green area to walk and was wondering if it is a rational decision to live there and work in Seattle? I have to be at the hospital by 6 am. how long does it take to commute? any advice?

I really appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 02:06 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMiti View Post
Hello everyone, I am a physician moving to Seattle to work at UW medical in Montlake. I am looking for a quiet and safe place to rent an apartment. I've heard Bellevue is a very nice place with lots of trails and green area to walk and was wondering if it is a rational decision to live there and work in Seattle? I have to be at the hospital by 6 am. how long does it take to commute? any advice?

I really appreciated
Sure, that would be quite doable especially that time of day, fairly easy commute across the 520 bridge. You might want to also consider Madison Park on the Seattle side, quite a few physicians live there, quiet and walkable.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:09 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,110 times
If you work in Seattle you won’t want to have to live in it too, Bellevue or Kirkland are far better and at that time of day it won’t be too bad, although seattleites like to get up extremely early for some reason so the roads can be pretty bad occasionally even at those times

Old 06-09-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
If you work in Seattle you won’t want to have to live in it too, Bellevue or Kirkland are far better and at that time of day it won’t be too bad, although seattleites like to get up extremely early for some reason so the roads can be pretty bad occasionally even at those times
Thatguy, have you ever been to Madison Park? We live here, it’s a sweet little area. You really need to watch your black and white statements about Seattle. No doubt (like many cities) there are problem areas but there are also clearly quite a few gorgeous, peaceful neighborhoods. OP, you might also check out Laurelhurst, Windermere, View Ridge, Montlake, all nice Seattle neighborhoods that would have you quite close to work.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:36 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,358,268 times
You will be paying a toll to take the 520 floating bridge. $2.00 before 6 am, but $3.40 after 3 pm, so $5.40/day, or about ~$100/mo. Personally, I think downtown Bellevue is pretty sterile. Kirkland has more character, has access to three beaches, and is walkable. The Overlake/Crossroads area has Indian restaurants and groceries.

In Seattle, maybe look at Wallingford (west of I-5) - close to Gas Works Park, Woodland Park/Zoo, and Green Lake Park.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:57 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Thatguy, have you ever been to Madison Park? We live here, it’s a sweet little area. You really need to watch your black and white statements about Seattle. No doubt (like many cities) there are problem areas but there are also clearly quite a few gorgeous, peaceful neighborhoods. OP, you might also check out Laurelhurst, Windermere, View Ridge, Montlake, all nice Seattle neighborhoods that would have you quite close to work.
Yes I have family who lived (D being the key letter) there but got sick of dealing with the rest of what seattle had to “offer,” so they moved to the east side and wish they’d done it sooner, this is something I’ve heard repeated many times before as well.

There is no comparison, Bellevue is a FAR better place to live than any place in Seattle...unless of course you want to live in the antifa autonomous zone

Old 06-10-2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Yes I have family who lived (D being the key letter) there but got sick of dealing with the rest of what seattle had to “offer,” so they moved to the east side and wish they’d done it sooner, this is something I’ve heard repeated many times before as well.

There is no comparison, Bellevue is a FAR better place to live than any place in Seattle...unless of course you want to live in the antifa autonomous zone
Many disagree. Oh, but you haven’t been yourself to all the neighborhoods of Seattle? Come by Madison Park (or any of the other places I mentioned) sometime. I’ll show you around and you might just learn a thing or two.

Old 06-10-2020, 10:21 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I would opt for Madison Park, too, or even a quiet, tree-lined area of Montlake. Why set yourself up for more of a commute than you need to? Anyone would consider themselves fortunate to live in Madison Park. Check it out, OP, then get back to us on whether or not you want to bother with Bellevue.

P.S. Did we mention, that it's right on Lake Washington? Beautiful lakeside park.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-10-2020 at 11:02 AM..

Old 06-10-2020, 07:00 PM

305 posts, read 102,040 times
My best advice is to not move to Freeattle. They are a lost cause. The city clowncil is full of morons and the people who vote for them are too stupid to blow their own nose.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:21 PM

209 posts, read 417,267 times
Good luck with that, OP. Seriously though I wish you well. Stay safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area