Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 05:29 PM

1,195 posts, read 985,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
When you won't even link to an article, that usually means its source is so spurious that it would undercut the very claim being made.

https://nationalfile.com/bikers-for-...united-states/ ("Bikers for Trump Plan Punitive Expedition to Reconquer CHAZ for United States")

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/national-file/

"Bikers for Trump" really sounds fearsome . If as obese as Trump, they'll have trouble staying astride their "hogs", if they even have them ("You do not need a bike to join") - anyone, after all, can create a Facebook page. Note, they say "We are not going to hurt anybody," so they are actually real "pussycats", just like the CHAZ protestors . Maybe they could have a love-in. One of the groups they say will be accompanying them is Super Happy Fun America, which really sounds like a bunch of skull-crackers .
I didn't link a source because it's only a facebook event. The "going" number went from 600 to 1300 in 1 day, so I think it's safe to say it will happen if CHAZ/CHAP is still there by July 4th. As a Washingtonian I could easily show up. The most serious group would be Oath Keepers and more local groups. It would require trained guys to do this the right way with minimal bloodshed. I think maybe it's a good idea for bikers to tend to their home state and not venture off far from home as more of these could develop around the US. One thing I know is if this is still up by July 4th, there will be push back to open the blocks up and guys like myself will be there prepared to help. July 4th is a great day to do it, Saturday too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 05:33 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
May be they can camp out in Volunteer Park with the homeless, mentals, and druggies.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:04 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I didn't link a source because it's only a facebook event. The "going" number went from 600 to 1300 in 1 day, so I think it's safe to say it will happen if CHAZ/CHAP is still there by July 4th. As a Washingtonian I could easily show up. The most serious group would be Oath Keepers and more local groups. It would require trained guys to do this the right way with minimal bloodshed. I think maybe it's a good idea for bikers to tend to their home state and not venture off far from home as more of these could develop around the US. One thing I know is if this is still up by July 4th, there will be push back to open the blocks up and guys like myself will be there prepared to help. July 4th is a great day to do it, Saturday too.
I agree about the Oath Keepers. I went to a talk by one of them right about the time they had trouble in Ferguson. He explained their insurance policies and their legal reps if they are involved in a shooting. He wasn't a loud fire up the crowd type. Very matter of fact in his presentation.

I won't be joining but I wouldn't fear them.

In the 70's I drank in biker bars on occasion. I lived in Outlaw territory then. They are dangerous. I wouldn't mess with any of the Big 4 (Hells Angels, Outlaws, Pagans, Banditos.)

I'm sure we will hear a lot of rumors until the 4th.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:10 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
For anyone who is defending CHAZ I hope they are getting ready because this is NOT going to end well. .......
That's your opinion.

I think it will give birth to a new civilization!!!!

Peace. Love. Freedom. No war pigs.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:23 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
I didn't link a source because it's only a facebook event.
Nah, you posted that you "came across an article that..." Much more likely, you just didn't want to reveal the kind of junk-media you've been reading ("an extreme right Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy website," according to MediaBiasFactCheck.com).

I'm actually hoping they pull this off - it'll be worth it for the "comic-relief" alone. I'll be surprised if CHAZ
hasn't fizzled out by then, however.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Nah, you posted that you "came across an article that..." Much more likely, you just didn't want to reveal the kind of junk-media you've been reading ("an extreme right Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy website," according to MediaBiasFactCheck.com).

I'm actually hoping they pull this off - it'll be worth it for the "comic-relief" alone. I'll be surprised if CHAZ
hasn't fizzled out by then, however.
There are several sites with articles on it. Infowars is one of them. They all say similar info. All media is junk now days, you just go by your hunch. I don't think it will fizzle out easily. The outraged has been renewed by the Atlanta killing of a random black guy who was slightly drunk.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
It's amusing that the same right wingers that lost their minds over contact tracing from the virus (we want freedom to spread and don't want to be notified if we've been exposed!) now love them some federal control because their idol Trump has federal power.

Last edited by Seacove; 06-14-2020 at 08:22 PM..

Old 06-14-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's amusing that the same right wingers that lost their minds over contract tracing from the virus (we want freedom to spread and don't want to be notified if we've been exposed!) now love them some federal control because their idol Trump has federal power.
All presidents have federal power. Covid19 is fake. I have yet to know a person or even a person who knows a person who has it. Those who do have no symptoms. The radio told news of a home burglary where the owner was shot dead, his death was ruled a covid death. This is fine because the ultimate victims will mostly be leftists taken down by the law of Darwin's theory.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:31 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
So I came across an article that on July 4th, bikers and other groups from around the country are coming to Seattle to celebrate Independence Day and will basically reclaim the 6 blocks of CHAZ to hand over back to the police and locals. They're going to ride in and remove the barriers, open the roads up and handle whoever stands in the way. They say they will do nothing illegal, just remove illegal occupation and help the city. This should be fun. According to CHAZ's website they are a peaceful force, so there shouldn't be any violence. I'm sure CHAZ will see their mistake once bikers show up to address it.
Hey, if the police, mayor and governor won't do their jobs, then somebody will.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:48 PM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Let’s not wish for this or celebrate this idea. Let’s hope that the police, mayor and community groups get wind of it (I’m sure they know already) and do something before then.
I don't see the mayor or or any community groups doing anything. It's not their nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area