Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 05:22 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,358,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I used to live in Edmonds in Emerald Hills neighborhood, which is basically an extension of Seattle. I'm about to lay claim to what I want because that is how the world works in Seattle now.
One of my favorite travel writer and TV personalities lives in Edmonds - Rick Steves. Scandinavian descent, too. He’s not doing too shabby financially I’m guessing, so probably lives in Emerald Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 12:56 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
It's pretty well known but those in the biz (of who I know several) that if Sleepy Joe were to get in the Stock Market would utterly tank. It would NOT be pretty. On the other side if Trump stays in place there will likely be riots by certain factions (gee guess who). Either way November will NOT be a peaceful time. Let alone if the COVID kicks in worse which is not impossible. Let alone every other bug that comes out at that time of year. Sometimes I feel like heading out by September to live on an uninhabited island for the next year till it all blows over I seriously don't see much xmas present buying this season that's for sure. Consumer confidence will likely be at an all time low due to so much unemployment having been endured along with stores closing (JC Penny, Sears, Neiman Marcus and more). This will not be a forgotten year to be sure. Just hope everyone can hang onto what little savings they may have, or acquire some pretty darned quick.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:15 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
It's pretty well known but those in the biz (of who I know several) that if Sleepy Joe were to get in the Stock Market would utterly tank. It would NOT be pretty. On the other side if Trump stays in place there will likely be riots by certain factions (gee guess who). Either way November will NOT be a peaceful time. Let alone if the COVID kicks in worse which is not impossible. Let alone every other bug that comes out at that time of year. Sometimes I feel like heading out by September to live on an uninhabited island for the next year till it all blows over I seriously don't see much xmas present buying this season that's for sure. Consumer confidence will likely be at an all time low due to so much unemployment having been endured along with stores closing (JC Penny, Sears, Neiman Marcus and more). This will not be a forgotten year to be sure. Just hope everyone can hang onto what little savings they may have, or acquire some pretty darned quick.
De-Elect Trump!

Old 06-18-2020, 06:15 PM

387 posts, read 358,449 times
Remember what happened when the Rolling Stones hired the Hells Angels for security at one of their concerts? Innocent spectators were stabbed by those tough guy bikers. People who want something like that to happen have issues. I was at CHAZ/CHOP last Sunday and I didn't see any weapons or violent people. There were people making speeches, talking, giving free COVID-19 tests, gardening, camping out, and other similar things. Most of the people there were just checking it out to see what's going on. Why are all these out-of-state right wingers frothing at the mouth for vigilante justice that results in violence? If your state is so much better you should be happy instead of fantasizing about people in another state unlike yours getting attacked by bikers who also happen to be outlaws.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:42 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
This is great. The bleeding heart tatted up kids taking over ultra liberal capital hill. Two peas in a pod. I wonder how the permanent bleeding heart residents feel now. How much for a 1 bedroom in capital hill? $2400? How much for a small condo in Fremont ? 900,000$? What happened to the liberal ethos and rally cry of helping the lesser fortunate? Why is it that every liberal city and town in America are ultra rip offs an entirely unaffordable? Where is the love for the less fortunate coming from liberals in all these places across America? Why is the zero affordable housing in ultra liberal Seattle? Where is the love for the homeless That liberals claim to champion? Crickets. Yea I thought so. And life goes on as usual in the liberal cities across America. As a homeless problem Continues to skyrocket in on affordable Liberal America. It’s all smoke and mirrors folks.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:08 AM

380 posts, read 125,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
This is great. The bleeding heart tatted up kids taking over ultra liberal capital hill. Two peas in a pod. I wonder how the permanent bleeding heart residents feel now. How much for a 1 bedroom in capital hill? $2400? How much for a small condo in Fremont ? 900,000$? What happened to the liberal ethos and rally cry of helping the lesser fortunate? Why is it that every liberal city and town in America are ultra rip offs an entirely unaffordable? Where is the love for the less fortunate coming from liberals in all these places across America? Why is the zero affordable housing in ultra liberal Seattle? Where is the love for the homeless That liberals claim to champion? Crickets. Yea I thought so. And life goes on as usual in the liberal cities across America. As a homeless problem Continues to skyrocket in on affordable Liberal America. It’s all smoke and mirrors folks.
Ever notice how they're ALWAYS on the side of big corporations, too?

Old 06-19-2020, 07:50 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
So I came across an article that on July 4th, bikers and other groups from around the country are coming to Seattle to celebrate Independence Day and will basically reclaim the 6 blocks of CHAZ to hand over back to the police and locals. They're going to ride in and remove the barriers, open the roads up and handle whoever stands in the way. They say they will do nothing illegal, just remove illegal occupation and help the city. This should be fun. According to CHAZ's website they are a peaceful force, so there shouldn't be any violence. I'm sure CHAZ will see their mistake once bikers show up to address it.
This is what we do not need. You are encouraging bikers to get violent with peaceful protesters...and we are the bad guys? I agree that things have gone to far in Seattle...but I don't get the love of violence and vigilantism that seems to characterize many of those on the right. Glorifying a bunch of bikers riding in to beat up or kill a bunch if hithertoo peaceful protesters is one of the ultimate manifestations if that trend. Sorry...but that sentiment is ugly....and frankly tremendously supports the sense that there is something deeply wrong with much of our society that needs to be protested. Too much hate and disrespect for others.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 06-19-2020 at 08:02 AM..

Old 06-19-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Those cities are super expensive because they are deemed by many to be highly desirable places to live. If there was less demand rental and sale prices would plummet. Law of supply and demand.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
Bill Maher said the left's goons, antifa, are 'bad mothereffers.' Let's see how 'bad' they are ...

I'd love to see bikers splitting open the heads of antifa, anarchists and Marxists.
That is a horrible sentiment.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:07 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
That is a horrible sentiment.
I know right? Some of these posts need reporting to the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area