Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:50 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times

Advertisements

I don't live there, but I've been upset the whole time, that the city has allowed this criminal group to form this zone. It's ridiculous. I am all for cleaning the street of these scumbags with gas, rubber bullets, or any tactical means necessary. Here's a man I would like to join this man in tearing down CHAZ and sending these worthless people home....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlQb6jZF4VI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 09:01 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,912,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I don't live there, but I've been upset the whole time, that the city has allowed this criminal group to form this zone. It's ridiculous. I am all for cleaning the street of these scumbags with gas, rubber bullets, or any tactical means necessary. Here's a man I would like to join this man in tearing down CHAZ and sending these worthless people home....
Well, that's just creepy and weird. No sane, stable person obsesses about a small protest event taking place thousands of miles away, or even several miles away, that has zero impact on them. And they certainly don't post their violent fantasies about them.

I haven't been over there since Sunday. Haven't thought much about it at all.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:32 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Well, that's just creepy and weird. No sane, stable person obsesses about a small protest event taking place thousands of miles away, or even several miles away, that has zero impact on them. And they certainly don't post their violent fantasies about them.
And yet millions of people, including lots of white, upper middle class women, came out of their homes when some random middle class Black man was killed in Minneapolis. Had no impact on them. Happened thousands of miles away.

By your definition Seattle, and your neighborhood in particular, must be full of batsh!t crazies because this city alone has millions and millions of dollars worth of damage, one month out, just for this one event.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:

I haven't been over there since Sunday. Haven't thought much about it at all.
Maybe you would if you worked in law enforcement, carried a badge and gun, arrested people, and took an oath to the United States, you might care.....

Old 06-26-2020, 11:51 AM
fnh

The murder of George Floyd is but one of repeated, innumerable incidents of police brutality and extrajudicial killings that take place all across the country and which are carried out disproportionately against black Americans, and that go wholly unpunished but for bystander video forcing people to finally acknowledge what black Americans have been decrying forever.

That pervasive injustice does impact everyone, also that police departments have swallowed up disproportionate shares of city budgets and have turned into quasi-military forces attacking citizens instead of protecting them. There was no looting or anything like that on Capitol Hill, a vibrant neighborhood largely inhabited by young progressives who were gassed and fired upon by police officers right where they are outside the precinct, for no apparent reason. Seattle PD has been under a consent decree since 2012 to address racial bias in its own ranks. The city has withdrawn its request to have the consent decree lifted.

The protesters had narrowed their demands to three, all of which were local - reduce SPD budget (accomplished); increase municipal investment in the Seattle black community (accomplished); and release the protesters who were arrested in Seattle (unknown to me). So, even as the protest is shrinking or disbanding altogether, they already won.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:20 PM
fnh

On the contrary, one has to wonder if it was a local poster on C-D who did the shootings, among the several here who were hoping and urging for it. The shootings all happened from the outside in, at the periphery. You are the ones who must be proud.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
On the contrary, one has to wonder if it was a local poster on C-D who did the shootings, among the several here who were hoping and urging for it. The shootings all happened from the outside in, at the periphery. You are the ones who must be proud.
There is nothing to be proud of. It was a waste of resources. Lots of money to repair the damage. Loss of life and well-being for several. Only time will tell if reducing the police budget has a positive or negative result for the community. Can't comment on what or how the city is planning "municipal investment" into Seattle's Black community, because I don't know what that means in tangible outcomes.

Very inefficient way of making those achievements.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:32 PM

It's a joke to give these criminals any demands they want. What a spineless city government there. Demands from whom? A racist group of criminals and anarchists. They need to get a life, get a job, and get off the city street. The city leaders should all be fired for restricting the police from action, taking away their crowd control weapons. It's a shameful city government you have there to allow this disorder and lawlessness from a group of racist, lawless, criminals. Shameful.

This man should be the new Mayor or Police Chief there in Seattle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlQb6jZF4VI

Old 06-26-2020, 12:47 PM
fnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
There is nothing to be proud of. It was a waste of resources. Lots of money to repair the damage. Loss of life and well-being for several. Only time will tell if reducing the police budget has a positive or negative result for the community. Can't comment on what or how the city is planning "municipal investment" into Seattle's Black community, because I don't know what that means in tangible outcomes.

Very inefficient way of making those achievements.
For one, the City of Seattle is transferring a decommissioned firehouse nearby in the Central District to a local black organization for use as a community center. The building is a historic landmark, Seattle PD has been using it to store parking enforcement vehicles.

No, there's not much damage to repair beyond graffiti, most of which is on plywood and this has always been a high graffiti "street art" area anyway. Or the garden circles in Cal Anderson Park which I wouldn't be surprised if they are converted into a P-Patch. You must be confusing Capitol Hill with downtown Seattle or Bellevue which experienced property damage at the start of the protests.

I blame people like you for the loss of life, who were actively encouraging violence against the protesters and promoting lies.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
For one, the City of Seattle is transferring a decommissioned firehouse nearby in the Central District to a local black organization for use as a community center. The building is a historic landmark, Seattle PD has been using it to store parking enforcement vehicles.

No, there's not much damage to repair beyond graffiti, most of which is on plywood and this has always been a high graffiti "street art" area anyway. Or the garden circles in Cal Anderson Park which I wouldn't be surprised if they are converted into a P-Patch. You must be confusing Capitol Hill with downtown Seattle or Bellevue which experienced property damage at the start of the protests.

I blame people like you for the loss of life, who were actively encouraging violence against the protesters and promoting lies.
Who have I encouraged? I'm every bit like you. Just a little less wealth, living a little further out, but I've got properties in many places and kids and a husband too. Spending my day dealing with all that. Using CD during transition between one activity and another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area