Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 08:16 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times

Advertisements

I know many Republicans who switched parties over the past 3 years. Some live on Hunts Point, some out in Issaquah, some out on Bainbridge, basically all over the region. They all have one thing in common: they refuse to vote for any GOP because of the way the party has transformed under Trump. They are going to vote for Inslee even though they don’t particularly love him, but the GOP is literally dead to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 09:57 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I know many Republicans who switched parties over the past 3 years. Some live on Hunts Point, some out in Issaquah, some out on Bainbridge, basically all over the region. They all have one thing in common: they refuse to vote for any GOP because of the way the party has transformed under Trump. They are going to vote for Inslee even though they don’t particularly love him, but the GOP is literally dead to them.
Agreed. Will be interesting to see how many Republicans switch sides this year.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:30 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
good

Old 09-05-2020, 07:53 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Seattle will remain a bleeding heart city. The intolerant left will continue to reign supreme and all the pompous, elitist women will bask in all their glory, in sausage fest Seattle. Prices will continue to force out the middle class, lower income, and the poor. Homeless population will continue to explode. Only the uppity, upper class liberal elitists will survive. They will drink their coffee and engage in “witty banter”, and cringe when a stranger approaches!
Dude, come on. I’m a left leaning normal guy. There are a lot of us here. I don’t engage in “witty” banter to hear myself talk. Stop representing Seattle so monolithically. I’m just a guy with a wife and daughter, same as you I get up, eat, go to work, do the best I can each day. I talk to strangers, though these days through a mask. The sausage fest thing is a joke, there are men and women of all kinds here, it’s all in your attitude, man.

And about the costs, yeah, it costs money to live here, pretty much like any desirable, beautiful place with a strong job base. Listen, I feel for you and I really mean that. It can be increasingly tough these days as real estate prices and rental prices have gone up, especially if you are on fixed income and don’t have home equity to parlay or keep monthly costs down by not owing as much on your home.

Please though, stop the insults. It’s getting old. There are a lot of good, kind people here going to work each day, living their lives in this place that many people clearly love more than you. I sincerely do wish you the best. Sometimes life or finances forces people to make changes. I went through a really rough patch financially about 20 years ago, went bankrupt, had to start over financially. I had a little home in Snohomish county, had roommates, didn’t go out to eat, kept costs very low.

I worked hard (and continue to), kept myself physically and emotionally healthy, got back on my feet and charted a course to improve my financial and life reality, moved back to Seattle 12 years ago, bought a little home and fixed it up, did much of the work myself. Later I used the equity in that home to move into another house that had even more potential. A lot of my momentum came from positivity and hard work. Don’t say it can’t be done, I see it happening every day around me.

You may not have the desire or ability to create something to change your reality, that’s okay. What you could benefit from is a better attitude and vibration, that will help you wherever you end up. Again, I am sorry things have been tough and I hope they get better for you. Some advice my mom gave me years ago “don’t yuck on other peoples’ yum”.

Old 09-05-2020, 04:54 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Get yerself a houseboat and live on Ebey Island, folkguitarist. It's bound to change your life forever!

Do it.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:08 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Dude, come on. I’m a left leaning normal guy. There are a lot of us here. I don’t engage in “witty” banter to hear myself talk. Stop representing Seattle so monolithically. I’m just a guy with a wife and daughter, same as you I get up, eat, go to work, do the best I can each day. I talk to strangers, though these days through a mask. The sausage fest thing is a joke, there are men and women of all kinds here, it’s all in your attitude, man.

And about the costs, yeah, it costs money to live here, pretty much like any desirable, beautiful place with a strong job base. Listen, I feel for you and I really mean that. It can be increasingly tough these days as real estate prices and rental prices have gone up, especially if you are on fixed income and don’t have home equity to parlay or keep monthly costs down by not owing as much on your home.

Please though, stop the insults. It’s getting old. There are a lot of good, kind people here going to work each day, living their lives in this place that many people clearly love more than you. I sincerely do wish you the best. Sometimes life or finances forces people to make changes. I went through a really rough patch financially about 20 years ago, went bankrupt, had to start over financially. I had a little home in Snohomish county, had roommates, didn’t go out to eat, kept costs very low.

I worked hard (and continue to), kept myself physically and emotionally healthy, got back on my feet and charted a course to improve my financial and life reality, moved back to Seattle 12 years ago, bought a little home and fixed it up, did much of the work myself. Later I used the equity in that home to move into another house that had even more potential. A lot of my momentum came from positivity and hard work. Don’t say it can’t be done, I see it happening every day around me.

You may not have the desire or ability to create something to change your reality, that’s okay. What you could benefit from is a better attitude and vibration, that will help you wherever you end up. Again, I am sorry things have been tough and I hope they get better for you. Some advice my mom gave me years ago “don’t yuck on other peoples’ yum”.
There is a general misconception that all of Seattle is radical leftists. This could not be further from the truth. Most Seattle residents vote democratic but would not describe themselves as radical. Within the metro there are many Republicans, but outnumbered overall. These numbers can easily be looked up. The point here is when you take the total population of Seattle combined with the metro, the radical left is a small percentage despite the media misguidance.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:53 PM

9 posts, read 5,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Inslee will be re-elected due to simple political demographics. However the divide does seem greater than ever in our State.
The divide only seems great online, and is amplified by the anti-mask crowd who are loud and crazy.

Old 09-10-2020, 03:12 PM

1,195 posts, read 985,843 times
I see more and more F Inslee bumper stickers around. How can ppl vote for leaders who purposely destroy our livelihoods?

He tried to deny that CHAZ existed.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:09 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I see more and more F Inslee bumper stickers around. How can ppl vote for leaders who purposely destroy our livelihoods?

He tried to deny that CHAZ existed.
Do you mean leaders like Trump, who purposely withheld life and death info from Americans, that led to the virus spreading out of control, nearly 200,00 people dead and the need for extended shutdowns and a wrecked economy absolutely in large part because of his malfeasance? I totally agree with you, how could we vote for someone like that again?

Old 09-10-2020, 07:38 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Do you mean leaders like Trump, who purposely withheld life and death info from Americans, that led to the virus spreading out of control, nearly 200,00 people dead and the need for extended shutdowns and a wrecked economy absolutely in large part because of his malfeasance? I totally agree with you, how could we vote for someone like that again?
I suppose you feel the same way about the leaders of (so far):

Peru
Belgium
Spain
Bolivia
Ecuador
Chile
UK
Brazil
Italy
Sweden
Mexico
Panama
France
Columbia
Ireland
Netherlands
Moldova
Armenia
North Macedonia

The saddest part of this is that I know there are people who genuinely believe the above post, and don't recognize that it's over the top hyperbole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area