Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 03:39 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times

Advertisements

I'm not even a betting man, but my money would be on the fact the Lib's will NOT ever wake up. They are going to be witness to the worst movement towards the piece by piece destruction of their city. And they are NOT alone. Chicago was already a steaming toilet but is now quickly festering into a heap of dung. All the quality businesses are being laid to waste. And soon enough you folks will see worse things happen than what has to date so far. it is a very sad thing. But let's face it.......it's been coming for quite some time. It just took the events of this last 6 months to take it over the top. Sadly the momentum is certainly in the wrong direction. Rather sad as I used to enjoy visiting the NW back some years ago. It ain't happening any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 05:38 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
My ex Mother-in-Law, a life long Seattleite, told me that a while back... I never realized that since the CD, was always a Black neighborhood, when I was growing up in the 70s, where I attended many summer youth events in the area as a teen. She also told me that Colombia City was the old Italian area too.

Anyway, this isn’t surprising and it’s only the beginning of things to come if people... Liberals and Conservatives don’t get their collective “sheet” together and start focusing on common sense solutions to our problems. Hint, defunding or disbanding the police isn’t a realistic solution to this situation and for Liberals living in the CD, Mt. Baker, Columbia City and other “good” areas... This IS coming to YOUR neighborhood... Very soon, so don’t get too happy. Criminals are not stupid and trust me, these and other areas will be targeted, at first, with property crimes and some violence, which will escalate very quickly. The main focus of targeting these areas is that Liberals, for the most part, are passive and will not resist, if being robbed. A bonus to any criminal... Hopefully, they will only take your “stuff” and not your wife or daughters or yours and theirs lives.

Plus, Liberals are not known for being armed... Which is another bonus for criminals.

This is changing since Liberals, who will not admit it since “it’s not the Liberal way,” are now buying up all the guns in the Seattle area!! But being armed, isn’t the same as having the heart and training to legally use a firearm, in one’s defense.

Trust me, most of those “peaceful protestors” are not peaceful and are now turning on the Liberals, who at first, gave them the “green light” to use violence and destruction, as a means of forcing social change... Just remember this, the “monster” YOU created will come for YOU first.

So it’s time for Liberals to wake the hell up before it’s too late.
Geez ... those darn passive, monster-creating, criminal-loving liberals!!!

Old 08-16-2020, 08:44 PM

840 posts, read 760,820 times
I guess trying to eliminate or cut number of police officers will make things easier for the terrorists.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:34 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
That is hilarious! He realized at the last second that he wasn't making sense. Looks like those protesters haven't thought things through. Do they plan on giving those houses back to Native Americans after the whites give it back to the blacks?

And here's another one they don't seem to have thought about; what are the mixed race people supposed to do? Many blacks have a fair percentage of white in them and I'm pretty sure most Native Americans have more white blood than they do Native blood. Maybe they should cut themselves in half and live in two different houses?

Hmm, decisions, decisions. What to do.

Then there's the fact that bears were here first, even before Native Americans. They are the true Native Americans, so we should all go back to Africa and give our houses to the bears. That will fix everything.
Koala, how could you be so insensitive? Bearification uprooted the native dinosaurs.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:57 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Is it said as an observation? Yes, okay...

Is it said with some sort of judgement? Not sure...
Hmmmm ok. A bunch of white people show up to a majority black neighborhood asking the black people to leave as this was a traditionally white neighborhood that blacks moved in to

Old 08-16-2020, 10:34 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Hmmmm ok. A bunch of white people show up to a majority black neighborhood asking the black people to leave as this was a traditionally white neighborhood that blacks moved in to
Oh no.. I was imagining a WAY different context!

"you know this ___ has traditionally been an al ___ neighborhood"

I wrote something similar (but in loftier terms) in paper freshman year of undergrad. I was comparing Dallas's and Austin's use of zoning laws to move/displace minorities from one neighborhood to another (often less desirable). Here is the example I used:

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatville,_Austin[/url]

So yes, in my paper I wrote that "you know the area just west of UT-Austin had traditionally been an all Black neighborhood".

Clearly the context you used is quite different!

Old 08-17-2020, 12:37 AM

405 posts, read 394,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
No clicking of the blaze for me.
"la la la la la, I can't hear you" *fingers in ears*

that's the type of reaction your post is reminiscent of

Old 08-17-2020, 07:23 AM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,105 times
I suppose this is an example of a largely peaceful protest:

'Even after police officers ordered the crowd to disperse, people from the group allegedly began throwing bottles and rocks at them.

"Multiple explosives were thrown toward officers,” the press release stated. “Several officers were struck by explosives and injured.” '

Because, of course, peaceful protesters often carry explosives around.

Old 08-17-2020, 08:07 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
I suppose this is an example of a largely peaceful protest:

'Even after police officers ordered the crowd to disperse, people from the group allegedly began throwing bottles and rocks at them.

"Multiple explosives were thrown toward officers,” the press release stated. “Several officers were struck by explosives and injured.” '

Summer of Love

Old 08-17-2020, 08:07 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
I suppose this is an example of a [URL="https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-officers-injure-during-seattle-riots-18-people-arrested"]largely peaceful protest[/URL]:

Shame on you! Fox news is fake garbage and only racist propaganda comes from it.

Here is the REAL truth:

[url]https://komonews.com/news/local/4-spd-officers-hurt-18-protesters-arrested-in-violent-clash-sunday-night-in-sodo[/url]

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area