Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 12:06 PM

12 posts, read 33,729 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My wife and I were thinking of coming to Seattle for a house hunt trip for about a week in the summer. We will be moving-in in mid August. We would like to see as many places as possible during the week that visit Seattle. This requires some planning ahead, I believe.
So far I have been looking on the craigslist for the list of properties and I was wondering what are the typical websites/offices that you recommend us checking out before our trip.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 12:32 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
john L scott
windermere

Old 05-02-2008, 01:22 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
Hi subscribe. The MLSOnline site is all-inclusive for a wide area around Seattle.
You can select locations from either the map or the scroll-down list of cities and towns.
Seattle Real Estate, Top Seattle Real Estate Search, TheMLSonline.com
Have fun looking!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 PM

Thanks for your replies. All three of these websites seem to be for buying a house. At this point we are looking for renting. Am I doing something obviously wrong or not looking to the correct websites?

P.S. We have decided to rent for a while to get an idea of different neighborhoods of Seattle before purchasing a home. We are coming from Boston and pretty excited about our move to Seattle :-)

Old 05-02-2008, 02:32 PM

522 posts, read 2,626,103 times
We rent a house in Bellevue. I found it on craigslist. That seems to be the best place to find rental houses out here. Good Luck!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittgal View Post
We rent a house in Bellevue. I found it on craigslist. That seems to be the best place to find rental houses out here. Good Luck!
So did you find a broker? or you just went online and got it directly from the landlord? I am not sure if I will need a broker there or just searching online would be sufficient. I just have that one week and I want to get the most out of it...

Old 05-02-2008, 03:09 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
Sorry -- to us the phrase "house hunt" generally means buying! Here are the best resources for RENTING all around the "Seattle area".
NWSource:
NWapartments: Seattle apartment rentals, house rental listings, rental classifieds and other property rentals in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and other Washington areas, cities and neighborhoods
Click on locations on the map to keep drilling down to the neighborhoods you want.
rent.com
forrent.com
apartments.com
Seattle Weekly Classifieds (Seattle Weekly)
craigslist

Old 05-02-2008, 04:59 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,231 times
Try wpmsouth.com for Windermere's house rentals. Also, rentclicks.com.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 PM

Thank you very much these links are very useful.
Just as my last question, when do you think would be a good time for this "house hunt" trip? Would the end of May be extremely early? Should I wait to go into June or maybe even July or I can find relatively decent places in May as well?

Old 05-03-2008, 08:30 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
Like it was mentioned in your other thread, if you are wanting to move in mid-August, may will be way to early to be looking. People who are trying to rent their properties in May are looking for immediate through June move in dates.

Look in July if you are moving in, in August. Pehaps the very end of June at the absolute earliest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area