Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 10:26 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Oh people, I know that you don’t want this to be real (I sure don’t either) but it is. I’ve lost two perfectly healthy relatives.

“14 coronavirus myths busted by science”. Article here: [url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-myths.html[/url]
How old were your relatives at the time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 01:13 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,123 times
Wow, I do not recall you even once being sad or down this year, and you post almost daily. Hope I am as optimistic and positive as you if any of my friends or family ever dies from a virus.

Quote:
Oh people, I know that you don’t want this to be real (I sure don’t either) but it is. I’ve lost two perfectly healthy relatives.

“14 coronavirus myths busted by science”. Article here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...rus-myths.html

Last edited by usernametaken; 12-21-2020 at 01:28 PM..

Old 12-21-2020, 02:18 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:

“14 coronavirus myths busted by science”. Article here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...rus-myths.html

There's certainly a difference between
"It's not real" and "The count is not being made correctly."

Old 12-21-2020, 02:21 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are going to claim overcounting, what is killing all those people showing up as excess deaths?

If every state removed 200 deaths from its count that would only reduce the US total by 10,000.

This is not a "claim" of overcounting. The Freedom Foundation went through the records and found these cases, plus more. There is documentation of overcounting, not a claim.

I doubt that the over-count would be the same for every state. Some states may be doing a better job. Some states may be doing worse. Many states have a higher population and more deaths, and if they overcount by the same percent, it would be a much higher number of people.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:29 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
How old were your relatives at the time?

Cousins. One late 50s the other mid 60s. Both in Florida and both in good health at the time. Oh, also both mask deniers.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:33 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
This is not a "claim" of overcounting. The Freedom Foundation went through the records and found these cases, plus more. There is documentation of overcounting, not a claim.

I doubt that the over-count would be the same for every state. Some states may be doing a better job. Some states may be doing worse. Many states have a higher population and more deaths, and if they overcount by the same percent, it would be a much higher number of people.
What is causing all those excess deaths that just so happen to occur with the onset of the coronavirus epidemic?

The states are auditing their counts, and the screwy certificates like those for accidents and homicides are being corrected. Trying to minimize the death toll helps no one. CDC wants the count to be as correct as possible, not as high as possible.

You also have to realize that there are COVID-19 deaths that will not be counted, especially from early in the epidemic when testing was abysmal.

Old 12-22-2020, 03:57 AM

37 posts, read 23,421 times
Quote:
Article link here: https://crosscut.com/inside-crosscut...r-path-forward

“Dr. Vin Gupta of the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation rarely has opportunities to wax at length about public health, despite his frequent appearance as a COVID-19 expert on cable news shows.

So when asked to share his broader perspectives on the pandemic and what this crisis means for him personally, as well as American life and politics in general, the critical care pulmonologist and major in the U.S. Air Force Reserve Medical Corps opened up like a religious man in a confessional.
Gupta goes out of his way to enhance trust in medicine — going so far as to tape his first of two COVID vaccinations live on NBC’s Today Show Wednesday morning. But why it’s so important for him to do so doesn’t always come up”.
It's too bad the President Elect and his running mate were spreading vaccine fear during the election.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:23 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymeswithcovid View Post
It's too bad the President Elect and his running mate were spreading vaccine fear during the election.
What alternate channel were you watching?

Old 01-01-2021, 05:31 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,767 times
how about people follow the
simple advice and keep each other safe

Old 01-05-2021, 06:20 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymeswithcovid View Post
Can you please provide source? I did not hear or see this message from the President elect during the election - the only "fear" about the vaccine is coming from folks who are unsure about the efficacy of the vaccines. I simply haven't heard what you're referring to...can you explain what you mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area