Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 07:42 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times

Advertisements

Absolutely amazing, article here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sea...masks/%3famp=1

“Rep. Pramila Jayapal tested positive for coronavirus Monday night, her office said, after she was in lockdown during Wednesday’s siege of the Capitol with “Republican lawmakers who cruelly and selfishly refused to wear masks.”

Jayapal’s office said she was locked in a secure room, as a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol, for “multiple hours” and several Republican colleagues “not only cruelly refused to wear a mask but mocked colleagues and staff who offered them one.”

Jayapal, a Democrat from Seattle, began quarantining immediately after the attack, her office said, fearing that she may have been exposed. In an interview with The Cut, published last week, she said she was quarantining because she was convinced the room she’d been in, “where there were over 100 people and many Republicans not wearing masks, was a superspreader event.

“Too many Republicans have refused to take this pandemic and virus seriously, and in doing so, they endanger everyone around them,” Jayapal said Monday night. “Only hours after President Trump incited a deadly assault on our Capitol, our country, and our democracy, many Republicans still refused to take the bare minimum COVID-19 precaution and simply wear a damn mask in a crowded room during a pandemic — creating a superspreader event on top of a domestic terrorist attack.”

Jayapal, in a prepared statement, did not say if she was feeling ill or experiencing symptoms. She said she would continue to work “to the best of my ability” while in quarantine.

Jayapal is the second Democratic member of Congress to test positive since the siege on the Capitol. Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, D-N.J., announced a positive test earlier Monday.

In a video posted shortly after the attack, Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester, D-Del., can be seen trying to give masks to her colleagues while they’re locked down together during the siege. At least six Republican representatives can be seen in the video, posted by Punchbowl News, refusing the masks.

“I am also calling for serious fines to be immediately levied on every single Member who refuses to wear a mask in the Capitol,” Jayapal said. “Additionally, any Member who refuses to wear a mask should be immediately removed from the floor by the Sergeant at Arms. This is not a joke. Our lives and our livelihoods are at risk, and anyone who refuses to wear a mask should be fully held accountable for endangering our lives because of their selfish idiocy.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 10:03 AM

365 posts, read 258,332 times
Masks are part of the safety system. Shame on those Republicans who don't wear one when asked, and put others at risk.

And shame on Jayapal for jumping the Covid vaccination queue and getting the vaccine while many much older and vulnerable people in her own district still don't know when and where they will get their vaccine. She also put others at risk by taking the vaccine for herself and leaving the more vulnerable at risk.

Last edited by Rombus; 01-13-2021 at 10:34 AM..

Old 01-13-2021, 10:48 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,749 times
@homesinseattle always forgets the inconvenient parts when it comes to Covid-19 related scams. He would make a great salesperson!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...-capitol-chaos

Old 01-13-2021, 11:24 AM

439 posts, read 423,582 times
She lied about the whole thing lol. She was the one without a mask, the video and pics of her are all over the internet. And there were no Rs near her to begin with.

Such a miserable cow.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:46 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times
Democrats and Liberals are a scary bunch. The tolerant left's idea of being tolerant is to quiet Republican free speech rights and ruin the careers of anyone in the Trump administration. Its all in the open, you worked for Trump in the past you will be blacklisted in many areas.

America is welcoming this. I have never witnessed anything like it.

If this continues it will end up in two words. PURE HATE between 2 groups and the end results may be a America divided in 2 regions. Red or Blue, you have your land and I have mine. Just like North Korea and South Korea, hatred with differences never going to be settled.

Congrats Liberals you win happy now??

Last edited by 87112; 01-13-2021 at 10:57 PM..

Old 01-13-2021, 10:56 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fassopony View Post
She lied about the whole thing lol. She was the one without a mask, the video and pics of her are all over the internet. And there were no Rs near her to begin with.

Such a miserable cow.
I'm no fan of Jayapal but a quick google has only show her mask-less when they were advising congressional members to don the "gas masks" during the insurection. If you have a good link, please share.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:10 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
@homesinseattle always forgets the inconvenient parts when it comes to Covid-19 related scams. He would make a great salesperson!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...-capitol-chaos
See Sockeye’s comment below.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:15 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Typical response, from the left. When you can't defend the hypocrisy call them a name.
I'm not from the left.

Explain to me how this is on topic?

Old 01-16-2021, 01:09 PM

365 posts, read 258,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
I'm no fan of Jayapal but a quick google has only show her mask-less when they were advising congressional members to don the "gas masks" during the insurection. If you have a good link, please share.
I think that has pretty well been determined.

Alas, people take one photo, comment, action out of context and construct an entire narrative around it. That is silly at best, willfully dishonest at worst.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:31 PM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Apparently she got her first vaccine dose on Jan. 4th, but that wouldn't have been enough time for her body to build the necessary defenses. I frequently disagree with her politics, but hopefully she gets better. She's a good, eloquent speaker and I enjoy hearing her talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area