Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 07:46 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times

Advertisements

Article link here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kin...e-184ca7409a99

“Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was named the 2020 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Saturday. The award recognizes outstanding community service off the field as well as excellence on it.

"Russell Wilson has always prioritized serving his community, but this year, he met the challenge and more when it was needed most," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in a statement "He has shown continued excellence on the field for nine seasons, but the work he has done to help youth and fight food insecurity through his Why Not You Foundation bolsters his lasting legacy. Russell is extremely deserving of this award and I know he will use this as an additional springboard to continue to positively impact others."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 02:28 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Well congratulations to him for the award. But he's been getting himself into a bit of difficulty with some recent comments.

Report: Seahawks ‘not happy’ with Russell Wilson’s comments on Dan Patrick Show

Old 02-11-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well congratulations to him for the award. But he's been getting himself into a bit of difficulty with some recent comments.

Report: Seahawks ‘not happy’ with Russell Wilson’s comments on Dan Patrick Show
I think the two aren't mutually exclusive. Russell Wilson loves Seattle but has been getting the crap beat out of him and needs offensive linemen who can protect him. That's reasonable, IMO.

Last edited by homesinseattle; 02-11-2021 at 04:05 PM..

Old 02-11-2021, 04:04 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I think the two are mutually exclusive. Russell Wilson loves Seattle but has been getting the crap beat out of him and needs offensive linemen who can protect him. That's reasonable, IMO.
My guess Russel has voiced his opinions privately and hasn't seen any benefit, taking it public and hinting be open to a change forces some action.

It's Win-Win for him, he either gets the protection he needs or Cowboys/Raiders/Dolphins/Jets open their wallets making offers the Hawks can't refuse.
Congrats to Russ on the award, it's deserved.

Old 02-11-2021, 05:58 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I think the two aren't mutually exclusive. Russell Wilson loves Seattle but has been getting the crap beat out of him and needs offensive linemen who can protect him. That's reasonable, IMO.
He's also getting the crap beaten out of him because he's not really a mobile quarterback any more.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:51 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times
I like the Seahawks and Wilson as well but speaking objectively did he really earn it ?
I mean was he really better than the best that there is?
He is no doubt a top tier player but I just don’t know if he is the best.
I guess maybe I just don’t quite understand the qualifications for this award.
Did he really give more the the sport and the community that the other top players ?
I’m not sure.
Flame on.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:19 PM

861 posts, read 1,063,024 times
Go wolfpack!!

Old 02-11-2021, 09:15 PM

299 posts, read 224,911 times
Real happy for him! Been a Seahawks fan since birth but this man made me feel proud to be one. He's done a great deal for the community and even more for the sport in showing humility and a good outlook even when times are tough.

Any player can log in simple media fueled community appearances. Myles Garrett was nearly cut from the league because he nearly killed a guy with a helmet. Of course he's going to log community service hours!

I feel like this is is due to the fact he was campaigning so hard for MVP of the year but that is obviously going to Brady. So they have to throw him a bone somehow. I'll take it regardless

Old 02-12-2021, 12:27 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
Fact is another mediocre season is going to raise questions with both Carroll and Wilson. Both need to succeed in 2021 or both are questionable as remaining. Yes, Russell has a long term contract but everything is negotiable. This coming season is supremely important.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I like the Seahawks and Wilson as well but speaking objectively did he really earn it ?
I mean was he really better than the best that there is?
He is no doubt a top tier player but I just don’t know if he is the best.
I guess maybe I just don’t quite understand the qualifications for this award.
Did he really give more the the sport and the community that the other top players ?
I’m not sure.
Flame on.
Yeah, he did. It’s a “giving back good guy service to the community award”. Russell (and Ciara) have big hearts and do loads of good work. Read about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area