Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 01:04 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,363,780 times

Advertisements

https://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/...e-15979938.php

Quote:
Residents on the Eastside won't have to make the trek to Seattle for their Dick's Drive-In fix much longer: the beloved burger joint announced that it will open a new location at Crossroads Bellevue.
Quote:
The new location fulfills a promise Dick's made to open a restaurant on the Eastside following the opening of the Kent location in 2018 and also marks a return to Bellevue — the old location closed in 1974.
Quote:
"I am pleased to welcome Dick’s Drive-In back to the Eastside!" said Bellevue Mayor Lynne Robinson. "The new restaurant location will be right at home in the thriving Crossroads neighborhood of Bellevue. Like many others in the community, I look forward to enjoying some classic burgers, fries and shakes with family and friends."
Quote:
The new location is expected to open in late 2021.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 07:51 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
They’ll do well there!

Old 02-26-2021, 08:23 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
So many choices...

Old 02-26-2021, 12:18 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,327 times
Didn’t know Crossroads needed another dumpster restaurant

Old 02-26-2021, 06:52 PM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Back before the pandemic, it was a good place to go for lunch with my co-workers because there's a little something for everybody. Hopefully some day we'll be able to have another get-together there. Sounds like it's not for everybody, but we never had any complaints.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:23 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Funny story. Took my step son on a Pacific NW college tour a few years back. I have a cousin who lives in Queen Anne so we took a week in Seattle so we could spend a day or two with him during all this. We got a place to stay somewhere around Ballard and our first night there we were tired and roaming around trying to find some fast food. Something different than we have in Oklahoma.

We ran into the Dick's on Holman. Ate there because it was obviously not something we had in Oklahoma...and went back to the motel. During the course of the week we tried different places around town but toward the end of our stay we ended up at Dick's two or three more times because that's where he wanted to go.

Today he is done with college (Ended up at New Mexico State of all places) but if we talk about that trip to the Northwest he never fails to bring up Dick's.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:54 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,873,269 times
Dick’s is not a 100 percent like. Some don’t care for it but calling it a “dumpster restaurant “ is uncalled for. They produce some tasty burgers that don’t cost an arm and a leg. They are a must stop on all my returns to my hometown. The “special” is my fave and has a unique flavor that is hard to find today.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 02-26-2021 at 11:04 PM..

Old 03-09-2021, 01:36 AM

56 posts, read 87,326 times
Yeah, it's no In-N-Out or even Whataburger, but I do like it. Definitely a casual burger institution in the area, along with Burger Master.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:34 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
A dumpster restaurant?? Granted that it’s not fine dining, but Dicks it’s becoming part of the Metro Seattle culture, like Ivar’s Fish and Chips. If you were born and raised here, you’d know that strength of that connection. I live in SE Auburn and “I” will drive all the way up to Broadway or the UW District for my Dick’s Deluxe, fries, two tartar sauces and a strawberry shake at least once a month... Yes, they have one in Kent now, but I prefer my two primary places with their Queen Ann location being my third choice.

For me, it reminds me of my Seattle from the 70s and 80s.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
Growing up in the Seattle area I was introduced to Dick's hamburgers at a young age. They are a must whenever I visit Seattle. For the price they can't be beat - but, is their price not going up? Hamburger inflation?

Today he is done with college (Ended up at New Mexico State of all places) but if we talk about that trip to the Northwest he never fails to bring up Dick's.

Good choice for him, eddie gein. Right west of us here in Alamogordo, Las Cruces, to be exact. If what he wants to be taught is offered there, that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area