Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:33 PM

205 posts, read 720,798 times

Advertisements

pwright1 (or anyone else up for the challenge) -- I am interested in skyline pictures from First Hill looking towards downtown/stadiums and towards the Needle. I won't be up there for another couple of weeks and would like to see if pwright1 could set me up with a picture tour. I would like to see the Seattle skyline from different angles and neighborhhods...specifically First Hill and Downtown/Belltown. I owe you one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,107,915 times
Questions about Seattle...

Old 04-21-2008, 11:56 PM

Default picture question

where is the first picture of this thread taken?
//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...irst-hill.html

that is sweet..

Old 04-22-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlee206 View Post

that is sweet..
That's in First Hill, looking west toward downtown and Elliott Bay.
Looks like University St., but several east-west streets in First Hill near I-5 look like that: Madison, Spring, Seneca, University.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:16 AM

Default Intrigued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
That's in First Hill, looking west toward downtown and Elliott Bay.
Looks like University St., but several east-west streets in First Hill near I-5 look like that: Madison, Spring, Seneca, University.
...this could be a major contender if these 4 streets look like this in First Hill. Is street crime comparable to downtown in First Hill? Are there tall condo projects going up in First Hill?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
...this could be a major contender if these 4 streets look like this in First Hill. Is street crime comparable to downtown in First Hill? Are there tall condo projects going up in First Hill?
There isn't much street crime in First Hill, at least nothing famous or broadcast.
There's no land whatsoever available in First Hill. Condo activity would be renovations of apartment buildings, or complete tear-downs and rebuilds. Ira500 might know if any of that activity is going on currently in First Hill -- although running thru pwright1's First Hill photos, I see zero construction cranes.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:35 AM

Default cranes?

So then most of the new construction around downtown is across I-5 and from downtown to Belltown? Is this correct?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:47 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,249,261 times
Actually there was a complete tear down of a large old apartment building at Seneca and Boren. The old building is gone now and construction workers are working at the site. I have no idea what they're building but I would assume its some sort of residential tower. There are actually a couple of sites for condo towers in the planning stages right now. I know one is at Boylston and Seneca. I love First Hill. Its dense, walkable, relatively safe and just blocks from downtown, metro buses and stores, markets and restaurants, yet a kind of calm and quiet neighborhood imo.
Here are some April 08 First Hill pics I took.

Here is part of First Hill from the Bank of America Tower in downtown Seattle

Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,375,333 times
Quote:

that is sweet..
The first photo in that thread was taken at University & Summit.

If the photographer had turned 90 degrees to his left and taken another photo, he would have got a picture of the methadone clinic at Summit & Seneca. The Starbucks at Summit & Madison and the McDonalds at Minor & Madison are having a lot of problems with the methadone folks hanging out in their stores. We're having problems with them sleeping in the cafeterias at Swedish Medical Center, too. We have even had a couple of the homeless ones trying to find places to sleep in unused parts of the hospital.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,375,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Actually there was a complete tear down of a large old apartment building at Seneca and Boren. The old building is gone now and construction workers are working at the site. I have no idea what they're building but I would assume its some sort of residential tower. There are actually a couple of sites for condo towers in the planning stages right now. I know one is at Boylston and Seneca. I love First Hill. Its dense, walkable, relatively safe and just blocks from downtown, metro buses and stores, markets and restaurants, yet a kind of calm and quiet neighborhood imo.
Here are some April 08 First Hill pics I took.

The construction at Boren is for a new 11-story addition to Virginia Mason.

In the photo above, the two-story building on the left side of the photo is the methadone clinic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area