Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:30 PM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
Because Of the reliability and utility ? I won’t be broke , I’ll pay a few hundred to keep it parked in a garage and take it camping/ out on the weekends or to haul stuff if I need to.

Pickups are everywhere in San Diego and we’re densely populated. You just have to make sure your neighborhood has adequate parking when you come home from work.
Well, it’s America... Do what you want, but trust me, you’ll end up hating life inside Seattle with a F250... Even finding parking for that would be a living hell. Plus, remember, here in Seattle, we have thousands of angry SJWs that will target you truck for some obvious, to them, reasons for tire slicing and graffiti.

If you have to have it, find somewhere to park in outside of Seattle, in one of the many suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times
Quote:

I’m thinking about buying a second vehicle since it got hit and fixing the door damage later. I’m mainly looking at 2dr XJ Cherokees. Plenty of utility , still sits high and still spacious enough for my needs but is legitimately 7ft shorter in length than my truck. I feel like trying to park that day to day in the area will be a lot easier.
You should be ok with an XJ Cherokee but certainly you would have to drive past about 30% of the parking spots where you'd fit a WRX or similar. I feel like the Impreza has no trouble parking in almost all the spots I do find. I'd only do better if I had a mini or something tiny like that. I have a 2010 Impreza which is a bit larger than the current model.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:45 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
Fantastic, Sockeye66! Glad you snagged one. Don't they ride nice? This is the best car I've owned. I don't overdo it when purchasing cars, I demand bang for my buck, and Kia always has delivered. Their cars are well-built, I started learning that in May of 1999, when I bought my first Kia. It was $7,995 - a 1999 Kia Sephia. Bought it from Jerry Smith Kia of Anacortes when the Mrs. and I lived in Burlington.

No radio, no A/C. 5 speed transmission, 32 mpg (oh, it really got this mpg, I checked it every tank). No strandings. I won't go on and on but, since May of 1999, the only time we haven't driven a Kia was from March of 2007 when I bought a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. Great car, but it stranded us in late June of 2014. Broken serpentine belt heading south on Highway 54 on the very northern tip of El Paso.

We traded the motor less hulk of that car on a 2011 Kia Soul 5-speed stick with 35,865 miles on it. Back to driving Kia products. Ran it to just over 130,000 miles and we decided to pull the trigger on a new 2021 Kia Soul LX.

We have only put about 7,000 miles on it in 10 months here in New Mexico. Changed the oil once a ways back and she's been a champ so far. I look at many brands along the way. Thought I wanted a Scion iA, which is now the Toyota Yaris iA. I was once studying all-electric power train vehicles but don't have the interest in them anymore. I love driving our ICE '21 Kia Soul LX 6-speed. It's always something I look forward to.

Last edited by elkotronics; 05-03-2021 at 11:55 PM..

Old 05-04-2021, 02:59 PM

243 posts, read 228,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
You should be ok with an XJ Cherokee but certainly you would have to drive past about 30% of the parking spots where you'd fit a WRX or similar. I feel like the Impreza has no trouble parking in almost all the spots I do find. I'd only do better if I had a mini or something tiny like that. I have a 2010 Impreza which is a bit larger than the current model.
I’m probably just gonna get a Audi A4 because of their awd system with a 6 speed manual. A Jeep is overkill if I’m keeping my f250. I do all my own wrenching so I can get used german luxury sedans cheap without being gouged for maintenance.

Wrx prices are absolutely insane right now. 10k for a 200k mile 04 ? No thanks.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:03 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times
Quote:
I’m probably just gonna get a Audi A4 because of their awd system with a 6 speed manual.
My only complaint back when I had a chance to drive a '94 A4 was that it was so quiet and smooth that I found myself doing 90 mph before I realized that I had exceeded 65 getting on the Interstate.

Whoops!

Old 05-04-2021, 05:20 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
I have a big crew cab 3500 Silverado Dually that I just can’t drive or park in the City.
It is now just a tool I use at times.

I drive a Honda CR-V.
Easy parking, great gas mileage and has lots of room inside.
Just love that car.
Especially with all the modern electronics that it has.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:06 PM

905 posts, read 1,102,648 times
F-250?

It's gonna be a major PITA to own (and drive) in most of the city. You'll have an easier time with it if you choose to stick the the outer limits of the city/less densely populated neighborhoods - but even then you'll still have a tough time with finding parking (other than pay lots) if you wish to venture closer to downtown. Many lots/garages here aren't exactly very large-vehicle friendly either.

Old 05-11-2021, 03:24 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,461 times
Quote:
Because Of the reliability and utility ? I won’t be broke , I’ll pay a few hundred to keep it parked in a garage and take it camping/ out on the weekends or to haul stuff if I need to.

Pickups are everywhere in San Diego and we’re densely populated. You just have to make sure your neighborhood has adequate parking when you come home from work.
everywhere here also but most dont use them as pickups its idiotic how big they have become

Old 05-17-2021, 08:17 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
Subarus are the new Volvo, being popular with the younger version of the insufferable crowd of snotty bobos who once drove Volvos.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:53 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
I don't have anything against Subaru or Volvo, but buying a Volvo I can't imagine. I would consider handing over pesos on a Subaru, but in actuality I'm too cheap and will no doubt continue running a Kia as my main rig.

One of the little mighty-mites pictured below has been on my mind, however, as a weekend bomber to have in addition to my Kia Soul.

1960's era MG Midget

One of these would be easy to park in any downtown, eh? With this padre, small rigs rule.

Last edited by elkotronics; 05-17-2021 at 10:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area