Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2021, 06:18 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Well then I guess that leaves anti vaccine people very few options...
With other vaccines they benefit from herd immunity, which is largely due to school vaccine mandates. What is crazy is they not only do not want to vaccinate themselves and their families - and do not want mandates - they actively discourage everyone else from vaccinating, increasing vaccine hesitancy and ultimately making mandates more likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 06:29 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
With other vaccines they benefit from herd immunity, which is largely due to school vaccine mandates. What is crazy is they not only do not want to vaccinate themselves and their families - and do not want mandates - they actively discourage everyone else from vaccinating, increasing vaccine hesitancy and ultimately making mandates more likely.
I have no problem with vaccine mandates when necessary. I realize that is what this poster started as but then we moved on to mask mandates which I don’t think are necessary for the vaccinated. I don’t know if we should make Covid vaccines mandatory. I’m not neatly qualified to have an opinion. And actually I really don’t care. The four of us in my family got it because it will make for more convenience as options to travel and participate in youth sports without wearing a mask increase. Concern for our health is was a tertiary consideration. With a mortality rate of less than 1% for our ages I care as much about the Covid vaccine as I do the influenza. Sure... if it’s convenient to get like I’m in for a check up.. why not? I’m not the type that thinks something very bad will happen if I get a vaccine.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:22 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 332,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
You are conveniently missing the point. The underlying mechanisms of containing an airborne pandemic through quarantine measure remain the same. It was the implementation of these measures that kept it from getting completely out of hand this time.

Back in 1918, most infected people died of pneumonia because not enough medical treatment was available. The odds of dying from pneumonia then was roughly 50%. If COVID-19 case are allowed to massively overruns the hospital, then guess how people die? Pneumonia. We managed to avoid that scenario through quarantine measures, but some countries did not. Yes this was a real pandemic, and could have been a lot more deadly.

The biggest difference between then and now is the availability of vaccines. Which are working quite dramatically.
Vaccines that came out several months later, prevented a 1918 death rate? The quarantines didn't do anything for healthy people, in fact it came with a mountain of collateral damage such as suicides, job loss and new health issues. If it was so bad, why were common sense natural supplements etc not promoted and even censored? I know why. It's to depopulate and make money doing it, among many other reasons I won't get into here.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
You offer no source whatsoever for the image you posted, which practically anyone could generate, and a quick search of the lower left stamp yields 4chan results. Please try again.
Look at the bottom and type it in, the source is there. Your own CDC who is still changing the provisional data. Nothing fishy there right?

Old 05-31-2021, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
Those articles are a dime a dozen. They say that covid takes a long time to count, but those of us who think, know its just to fudge the numbers. The real numbers are the pre-provisional numbers which are now removed/ defaced/ censored.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
I'd say you've been pretty lucky then and you should feel grateful. I'm an essential worker and have spent most of the past year in the office, and my place of employment has had to close temporarily for sanitization 5 or 6 times in the past year because coworkers confirmed to have COVID came in to work.

I also have a friend in NYC whose entire family contracted COVID around this time last year, as well as another friend in Massachusetts who was hospitalized with COVID (all have recovered fully).

In fact, I honestly don't know many people who don't know at least one person who contracted it. I even have a coworker whose elderly friend died from COVID last year.

It's awesome that you've been able to avoid the virus, and you're right that it's difficult to be worried about something you don't personally see, but not everyone has had that experience. With over 33 million confirmed cases in the US alone, it's easy to imagine that most of us have someone in our lives who contracted it.
Your work place closed, but that doesn't mean they had to. My company had a couple covid cases, which were non symptomatic. We didn't have to close because the workers were confined to a certain department.

The covid testing sensitivity varies and has been changed to pick up noncovid infections and count it, so many elderly deaths were of other causes. Nobody in my family or circle of friends have become sick. I go out daily all over and literally seen zero people drop dead on the street. Many drug overdoses though, never mind that. Cancer etc has to take a back seat to covid, our new disease that we are all excited about.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
40-50% of our employees are Not vaccinated - Fauci, May 2021

You don't trust half of NIH employees?

Old 05-31-2021, 06:20 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,912,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
Look at the bottom and type it in, the source is there. Your own CDC who is still changing the provisional data. Nothing fishy there right?
Um, no. Anyone with a keyboard can type letters to include a 'link' on a faked image. Just because a 'link' appears there means nothing. I can add a link to this post and it does not mean this comment is official CDC guidance. Here, try it for yourself:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/p...nal-tables.htm

Also, do you not understand what the word 'provisional' means??

Provisional: Arranged or existing for the present, possibly to be changed later.

Source: https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/provisional

Old 05-31-2021, 08:13 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
40-50% of our employees are Not vaccinated - Fauci, May 2021

You don't trust half of NIH employees?
Fact Check-Fauci, Marks did not say 40% to 50% of CDC and FDA employees are ‘refusing the COVID-19 vaccine’

Quote:
Fauci and Marks said to believe around 50% to 60% of their employees at the NIAID and the FDA had been immunized against COVID-19, but they did not say the remaining percentage represented employees refused vaccination.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Um, no. Anyone with a keyboard can type letters to include a 'link' on a faked image. Just because a 'link' appears there means nothing. I can add a link to this post and it does not mean this comment is official CDC guidance. Here, try it for yourself:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/p...nal-tables.htm

Also, do you not understand what the word 'provisional' means??

Provisional: Arranged or existing for the present, possibly to be changed later.

Source: https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/provisional
So if I typed out the link it would be more creditable than it as shown in the image? It is the same link! I thought CDC is the most creditable course?

I don't need definitions, I know exactly what they are doing and why they use this crazy language to fudge numbers, all while trying to sound honest. Why change numbers for several months? Rhetorical question. Bottom line, people believe anything no matter how many times CDC backtracks and do 180s on their statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area