Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 04:26 AM

115 posts, read 57,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Oh wow. I didn't know about that.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inte...ry?id=70031273

Pentagon denied that the report exists, of course, but later on, there was proof of a call that our former president made to Netanyahu (of Israel) that China has a "big problem" with an outbreak. Then there were his recorded confessions via Bob Woodward...

I don't have a problem with Fauci, but a bad taste has been left in my mouth with the way the NIH and CDC handled the dissemination of information, especially mask usage and whether the virus was airborne (it was but they played semantics for a year). It seems like most of their motivation for holding information back was to avoid panic, but imo I don't think that was the right way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 11:29 AM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
And have you noticed all the discussion of variants has stopped too? The Brazilian.... the UK... the South African...

This is why I can't necessarily fault the OP for his view/action. The way the media and government is working this is... in the least... questionable...

And, of course, now all eyes are on China. Something we were told was very, very unlikely...

Nonetheless, we did get the vaccine...

The discussion of variants hasn't stopped. It's vibrant and urgent.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...01622791336090.

Delhi’s rapid surge of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases in April is linked to the Delta (Delhi, India, I think) variant of concern B1.617.2 overtaking the earlier predominantly found Alpha variant B1.117, shows a yet-to-be peer-reviewed paper from the Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB).

Based on data from India and the UK, the researchers from IGIB estimate that the Delta variant is as much as 50% more transmissible than the Alpha variant, which is also manifold more transmissible that the wild-type Sars-Cov-2.

The researchers also found that the breakthrough infections – Covid-19 after immunisation (in this case with the Astra Zeneca vaccine or the Bharat Biotech Covaxin) – were disproportionately because of the Delta variant. They are yet to determine whether the variant also leads to increased case fatality ratio – proportion of deaths among positive cases.

Italics are my additions.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:31 AM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times
Anyone who thinks that COVID was released as a form of population control isn't paying attention to the history of plagues and other pandemics in the world. While it may have resulted in short term drops in population, the trend was ALWAYS towards technology driven (I'm including farming) population growth at an exponential rate.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:18 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,898 times
From today: 4 great intelligent people that we badly need on the Seattle forum --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhR5YuJbtQ

Old 06-04-2021, 07:13 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
The discussion of variants hasn't stopped. It's vibrant and urgent.

[url]https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...01622791336090[/url].

Delhi’s rapid surge of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases in April is linked to the Delta (Delhi, India, I think) variant of concern B1.617.2 overtaking the earlier predominantly found Alpha variant B1.117, shows a yet-to-be peer-reviewed paper from the Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB).

Based on data from India and the UK, the researchers from IGIB estimate that the Delta variant is as much as 50% more transmissible than the Alpha variant, which is also manifold more transmissible that the wild-type Sars-Cov-2.

The researchers also found that the breakthrough infections – Covid-19 after immunisation (in this case with the Astra Zeneca vaccine or the Bharat Biotech Covaxin) – were disproportionately because of the Delta variant. They are yet to determine whether the variant also leads to increased case fatality ratio – proportion of deaths among positive cases.

Italics are my additions.
In the States, dear. In the States. Specifically Huff Po, Komo, CNN, Fox, etc..

Once upon a time, about 2-3 months ago, it was a central article on all these news sites as well as talk radio, like Kiro news.

Now? Not so much...

Old 06-04-2021, 07:15 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Anyone who thinks that COVID was released as a form of population control isn't paying attention to the history of plagues and other pandemics in the world. [I]While it may have resulted in short term drops in population, the trend was ALWAYS towards technology driven (I'm including farming) population growth at an exponential rate.[/i]
And that's why technology would be used to create COVID to alter the population (either population control or inhibit travel and commerce.. or whatever reason people want to come up with)

Old 06-06-2021, 02:03 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,461 times
get the vaccine

Old 06-06-2021, 02:25 PM

15,827 posts, read 6,536,770 times
The mRNA vaccine technology is about to revolutionize modern medicine. Embrace the suck people.

mRNA technology promises to revolutionize future vaccines and treatments for cancer, infectious diseases

Old 06-06-2021, 02:32 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,898 times
They are salivating of course and will not be stopped from getting to your children $$$!

Irrespective of today's latest warning from the BMJ:

https://twitter.com/thelucyjohnston/...00478778118145

Last edited by usernametaken; 06-06-2021 at 02:41 PM..

Old 06-06-2021, 03:33 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
They are salivating of course and will not be stopped from getting to your children $$$!

Irrespective of today's latest warning from the BMJ
That is not "from the BMJ". It is a speculative letter to the BMJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area