Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2021, 08:49 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah, that's the ticket, partner. How many adults would have died as children in the last 50 years from polio, smallpox, measles? I mean if internet trolls armed with links to Natural Christian Alt News nutbar websites had driven public opinion, instead of reason? There's a chance you would be dead, if it weren't for vaccines.
exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 02:09 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,424 times
https://news.yahoo.com/chinas-latest...154327292.html

"As the delta variant of the coronavirus spreads in southeastern China, doctors say they are finding that the symptoms are different and more dangerous than those they saw when the initial version of the virus started spreading in late 2019 in the central city of Wuhan.

Patients are becoming sicker, and their conditions are worsening much more quickly, doctors told state-run television Thursday and Friday. Four-fifths of symptomatic cases developed fevers, they said, although it was not clear how that compared with earlier cases. The virus concentrations that are detected in their bodies climb to levels higher than previously seen and then decline only slowly, the doctors said.

Up to 12% of patients become severely or critically ill within three to four days of the onset of symptoms, said Guan Xiangdong, director of critical care medicine at Sun Yat-sen University in the city of Guangzhou, where the outbreak has been centered. In the past, the proportion had been 2% or 3%, although occasionally up to 10%, he said.

Doctors in Britain and Brazil have reported similar trends with the variants that circulated in those countries, but the severity of those variants has not yet been confirmed...."

Old 06-14-2021, 10:17 AM

Good news! The Novavax Prevent-19 vaccine’s results are out and they are even better than Pfizer, Moderna and J&J!

Plus, it uses a non-mRNA and non-viral vector, so conspiracy theorists are going to have to come up with completely new conspiracies to spread fear and misinformation. Everyone gets something to do!

According to Novavax, the vaccine's manufacturer, it had a 100% efficacy against the original strain of the coronavirus and 93% efficacy against more worrisome variants that have subsequently appeared.

NVX-CoV2373 is a subunit vaccine, which means that, unlike the other three approved vaccines that “work by tricking the body’s cells to manufacture the parts of the virus that then trigger the immune system,” it “is made up with proteins from the virus already attached to a carrier and these trigger the immune system directly”, explained University of East Anglia professor in medicine Paul Hunter.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,418 times
NO thanks! I had Covid and was a simple "cold" for me. My aunt suffered a blood clot, my cousin now has Guillain-Barré syndrome and my friend has an "unknown" welt like rash that has not gone away- 2 mos now--- these are NOT coincidences.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:53 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,921,010 times
Having two relatives with horrible side effects to the vaccine that are at such a low percentage of occurring in the general public has to be close to the odds of winning the lottery. A bonus given for knowing the friend with the rash. I may be the odd man out but I don’t know anyone that has had severe reactions to the vaccine.

Old 06-14-2021, 03:05 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,101 times
The original sin is not the vaccine:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ld-always.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
So conspiracy theorists are going to have to come up with completely new conspiracies to spread fear and misinformation.

Old 06-14-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
The original sin is not the vaccine:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ld-always.html
We know the 600,000 figure, we know Western Europe counts about as well as we do and we know the rest of the world has differing levels of reporting inaccuracies and politically manipulated numbers. Doesn’t take away from the fact that our numbers are where they are through significant social distancing and thus economic sacrifice and will continue to go up without adequate vaccination.

We have safe vaccines which will continue to get safer and more effective over time, and we will defeat Covid either the easy way (people getting vaccinated safely) or the hard way (the unvaccinated getting Covid, with negative effect stats that anti-Vaxxers would NEVER accept in a vaccine).

I mean, can you imagine someone saying, hey, X ‘vaccine’ has a MEASURABLE AND NOTABLE fatality rate and debilitating side effects, you will be vaccinated without your knowledge or permission by some rando you meet in a coffee shop and if you hug your uncle after you secretly receive that vaccine, you may rub it off on him and he will possibly die, and antivaxxers saying ‘I choose that one!!!’ That’s what they are doing, with Covid.

Last edited by Arcos; 06-14-2021 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: double 'and'

Old 06-14-2021, 05:38 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,101 times
Are you sure we know?

Fauxi disagrees and states that it is a significant underestimate. Our own University of Washington estimated "over 900,000" in early May 2021. Lets just round to 1 million as of June 14, 2021 to make everyone happy?!

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...ths-fauci.html

If I believed even the lower estimate, I would have immigrated to another country months ago as a precaution. Most likely illegally into Canada via the un-patrolled border regions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
We know the 600,000 figure.

Last edited by usernametaken; 06-14-2021 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-14-2021, 08:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
Having two relatives with horrible side effects to the vaccine that are at such a low percentage of occurring in the general public has to be close to the odds of winning the lottery. A bonus given for knowing the friend with the rash. I may be the odd man out but I don’t know anyone that has had severe reactions to the vaccine.
And I've been responsible for coordinating vaccination for our workforce, over 600 people and counting. Not seen any reaction greater than a sore arm and single drowsy day.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Are you sure we know?

Fauci disagrees and states that it is a significant underestimate. Our own University of Washington estimated "over 900,000" in early May 2021. Lets just round to 1 million as of June 14, 2021 to make everyone happy?!

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...ths-fauci.html

If I believed even the lower estimate, I would have immigrated to another country months ago as a precaution. Most likely illegally into Canada via the un-patrolled border regions.
My point is that we know at least 600,000 have died, discounting right wing conspiracy theories about purposely over counting (right wing theories quickly crumble when you take a worldwide perspective where you see the same Covid related deaths happen in countries with significantly fewer Trumps in office). The fact that you don’t believe the lower estimate is probably purposeful blindness. It’s hard to confront difficult things in your life, I understand, so you pretend they aren’t happening. That’s ok.

As to your point, you’d be significantly better off in Canada (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/) but you are singularly blind as to why they are doing better. It’s because people like you weren’t given the ‘freedom’ to spread Covid. They wouldnt want you because when it comes to fighting Covid, you are a liability, not an asset. The WHOLE POINT is that every little thing you have done has helped spread Covid and cause those 600,000 deaths. And you are proud of that.

Lol, the arrogance… ‘I’d go to Canada’… like a right winger wanting to move to Australia if the US goes to a socialized healthcare system. Laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area