Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2021, 12:58 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,705,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
JMO: if 75% are vax'd, leaving 25% unvax'd, and assuming half of the 25% have gotten CoVid19 and now have some natural immunity, that leaves just 12% of the eligible population filling up the hospital beds and ICU's.

I think this thread has become an echo thread.
OP has moved on to more fertile audiences.
This is what I mean. We shouldn’t be having the sustained surge. There shouldn’t be enough people left who have neither natural or artificial immunity.

Yet here we are. And here comes another variant… “variant Mu”…

I’ll stop telling “lies” when observations and data match up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 01:04 PM

15,962 posts, read 6,663,528 times
Forget the Ivermectin placebo; Fluxoxamine is the one cheaply-available drug that is actually showing promise in clinical trials:

Potential COVID-19 treatment: Effective, cheap, available

Quote:
A team of investigators at McMaster University in Toronto has found that fluvoxamine reduced hospitalizations by up to 30 percent.
Yeah, it's "only" 30%. That's still a huge improvement, if these results are borne out.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:15 AM

115 posts, read 58,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's starting to look like the current COVID-19 vaccine may require a similar vaccine schedule as the Hepatitis B vaccine series, which are spaced 0, 1, and 6 months apart. Unfortunately, this is the type of thing that requires the passage of time to discover.
Lol if you actually read Pfizers EUA application and followed their clinical studies, this wouldn't have been a surprise. They already knew that these vaccines do not stop transmission because they were never designed to do so. Also, they already knew that the "efficacy" begins to wane at 2 months, which is why Pfizer had been in talks with the Biden admin for boosters since Feb 2021 and also why they'd been making deals with Israel since April for booster. BUT the political backlash of introducing a 3-4 shots per year "vaccine" would be huge if it was announced right away.

Read their FDA approval as well. Only three months of data when the FDA usually requires two years and they only started their safety trials July 2021. Doctors and researchers outside of the US have been blasting Pfizer and the FDA for this unprecedented approval, but you won't see it on national news. Not only that, but the approval is for the registered name, pending end of trial in 2023. The current vaccine we're receiving is still under EUA but because they're allowed to use pfizer-biontech and comirnaty interchangeably, they can muddy the waters.

Did I also mention that the heads of vaccine safety at the FDA are stepping down, citing that they're tired of the White House pressuring them for fast approvals with no safety data? No doubt they'll be replaced with automatons...

The amount of people who can't see what they're being set up for - 3 to 4 shots per year for the unforeseeable future - is concerning. Not only the vaccines, but a (patented version of ivermectin) prophylactic twice daily pills that are meant to be taken in tandem with the vaccines as an additional "booster." They started their pregnancy trials in the summer as well as babies 0-6 months, so expect this shoddy sh*t to be part of required immunization if they can get away with it, myocardartis be-damned.

(Speaking of myocardartis, the FDA approved a blood thinner for children less than 12 years old back in June.)

This is a clear money grab. Pfizer and Moderna will be eating goodT from covid fear and any vaccine related issues in the future. I left the bio labs years ago and moved into commodities, so I know aggressive marketing when I see it.

Also, to whomever said that fauci is blameless, he's not. This man is not a mastermind. He has a history of pushing ineffective drugs for a bottom dollar, but usually that's done to African women and children, not Americans. He has been lying for decades with his latest documented scandal occurring during the Obama era where he circumvented committees to fund bioweapon research. Those are facts, not conspiracy.

Sorry that this is so long and rambling. I'm really p*ssed off about this.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:11 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,177,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's starting to look like the current COVID-19 vaccine may require a similar vaccine schedule as the Hepatitis B vaccine series, which are spaced 0, 1, and 6 months apart. Unfortunately, this is the type of thing that requires the passage of time to discover.
I don't think many people will be willing to get this vaccine so often especially after having many complaints that it causes some neurological side effects similar to long covid. I personally know two people that have had those on and off. Hopefully not a permanent thing.

https://vestibular.org/forum/symptom...bness-in-body/

Old 09-12-2021, 10:15 AM

15,962 posts, read 6,663,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I don't think many people will be willing to get this vaccine so often especially after having many complaints that it causes some neurological side effects similar to long covid. I personally know two people that have had those on and off. Hopefully not a permanent thing.

https://vestibular.org/forum/symptom...bness-in-body/
It makes sense to provide the booster for older folks with weaker immune systems, and probably for people with co-morbidities. For most people the existing vaccines already seem to be doing their job by keeping them out of the hospital. For many, it might be better to wait until there's a new vaccine variant needed. We'll have to see what the epidemiologists determine.

Old 09-12-2021, 11:29 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,705,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpiri View Post
Lol if you actually read Pfizers EUA application and followed their clinical studies, this wouldn't have been a surprise. They already knew that these vaccines do not stop transmission because they were never designed to do so. Also, they already knew that the "efficacy" begins to wane at 2 months, which is why Pfizer had been in talks with the Biden admin for boosters since Feb 2021 and also why they'd been making deals with Israel since April for booster. BUT the political backlash of introducing a 3-4 shots per year "vaccine" would be huge if it was announced right away.

Read their FDA approval as well. Only three months of data when the FDA usually requires two years and they only started their safety trials July 2021. Doctors and researchers outside of the US have been blasting Pfizer and the FDA for this unprecedented approval, but you won't see it on national news. Not only that, but the approval is for the registered name, pending end of trial in 2023. The current vaccine we're receiving is still under EUA but because they're allowed to use pfizer-biontech and comirnaty interchangeably, they can muddy the waters.

Did I also mention that the heads of vaccine safety at the FDA are stepping down, citing that they're tired of the White House pressuring them for fast approvals with no safety data? No doubt they'll be replaced with automatons...

The amount of people who can't see what they're being set up for - 3 to 4 shots per year for the unforeseeable future - is concerning. Not only the vaccines, but a (patented version of ivermectin) prophylactic twice daily pills that are meant to be taken in tandem with the vaccines as an additional "booster." They started their pregnancy trials in the summer as well as babies 0-6 months, so expect this shoddy sh*t to be part of required immunization if they can get away with it, myocardartis be-damned.

(Speaking of myocardartis, the FDA approved a blood thinner for children less than 12 years old back in June.)

This is a clear money grab. Pfizer and Moderna will be eating goodT from covid fear and any vaccine related issues in the future. I left the bio labs years ago and moved into commodities, so I know aggressive marketing when I see it.

Also, to whomever said that fauci is blameless, he's not. This man is not a mastermind. He has a history of pushing ineffective drugs for a bottom dollar, but usually that's done to African women and children, not Americans. He has been lying for decades with his latest documented scandal occurring during the Obama era where he circumvented committees to fund bioweapon research. Those are facts, not conspiracy.

Sorry that this is so long and rambling. I'm really p*ssed off about this.
Well damn. Thanks for this. Very insightful. I'm a huge fan now.

Old 09-12-2021, 11:38 AM

8,089 posts, read 8,423,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
JMO: if 75% are vax'd, leaving 25% unvax'd, and assuming half of the 25% have gotten CoVid19 and now have some natural immunity, that leaves just 12% of the eligible population filling up the hospital beds and ICU's.

I think this thread has become an echo thread.
OP has moved on to more fertile audiences.
Even if we accept your assumptions, just for the sake of argument, 12% of the U.S. population = 40 million people! In "red" states, where both vaccine refusal and new Covid-19 infections are concentrated, is where hospital beds and ICUs are being overwhelmed. Much of the early infections were in "blue" states - "red" states are dry wood. Trump's "scorched earth" political strategy is sickening and killing his own followers.

You are being incredibly irresponsible in risking breeding a new variant that will defeat current vaccines, taking us back to square one.

Quote:
“We're fighting a moving target and the longer we let it move, the longer we let it change into something worse, the harder it is.” Dr. Liddell explained.

“The original lineage was thought to have a reproductive number of around two or three, so 1 minus 1 over 3 would be two-thirds, or 60% to 70% immunization or infection to create some kind of herd immunity,” said Dr. Hotez. “The problem, though, is the Delta variant [reproductive number] is much higher. Some say between five and eight. Others say between eight and nine, so we’re looking now at over 85% immunization rates for the entire U.S. population … which means that you’d have to pretty much vaccinate every adult and adolescent to make that happen.”

“That’s starting to happen in Vermont, and you are seeing a decline,” he said. “You’re not seeing the big upswing in transmission like you’re seeing here in the south where vaccination rates are so profoundly low.”
https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-...-herd-immunity

Stop spreading lies. They cost lives.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:01 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,177,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Stop spreading lies. They cost lives.
Who do you think you are? This is a forum. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:34 PM

1,811 posts, read 918,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Took me several months, but as of today, I have played a big part in convincing 5 locals to not get the vaccine. I knew all of them, and all are below age 50. Persistence pays.

What have you done for your city and country lately?
Thank you! I’ve convinced 25 folks not to get the jab. What’s sad is 19 of them have already had Covid and they didn’t understand natural immunity. I’ve helped 11 of those write letters and secure religious exemptions. 3 of them are also attending church for the first time in their lives. So many folks still think if you get the vaccine it makes you immune from the Chinese virus. They are shocked to find out it doesn’t. Got keep the fight up!

Old 09-14-2021, 10:00 AM

1,369 posts, read 720,339 times
Idaho, with low vaccinations, is currently under ‘crisis standards of care’ which is when hospitals must deny lifesaving treatment to one patient in order to give it to another.

Washington, which has higher vaccination, is under ‘contingency standard of care’ which means other procedures are being delayed to reduce the load on hospitals and staff. And eastern WA hospitals are trying to fit in as many ID patients as possible.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wa-...GIAS3VWYOZZM4/

Stop believing people who make specious, lawyerly arguments against the vaccines. They are grasping at any twisted technicality to get around a basic truth: to effectively fight an infectious disease, we have repeatedly used distancing, masks and vaccines. That’s simply how we do it and have done it for hundreds of years. Don’t go down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

Certainly, natural immunity will also help us eventually end this pandemic but the cost of just getting Covid and hoping it will be ok is seen in the hospitals. Don’t have a health problem in a state with a low vaccination rate… you will likely receive substandard care since Covid is crowding out the available capacity, if not in bed numbers, then in staff burnout.

Last edited by Arcos; 09-14-2021 at 10:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area