Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2021, 10:04 AM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Well damn. Thanks for this. Very insightful. I'm a huge fan now.
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID‐19 Vaccine contains a nucleoside-modified messenger RNA (modRNA) encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2 formulated in lipid particles. COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) is the same formulation as the Pfizer- BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine and can be used interchangeably with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series.

https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download

It’s so easy to throw conspiracy theories out there. There’s NO DIFFERENCE between the two vaccines. It’s just that they’ve given it a name now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 12:56 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID‐19 Vaccine contains a nucleoside-modified messenger RNA (modRNA) encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2 formulated in lipid particles. COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) is the same formulation as the Pfizer- BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine and can be used interchangeably with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series.

[url]https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download[/url]

It’s so easy to throw conspiracy theories out there. There’s NO DIFFERENCE between the two vaccines. It’s just that they’ve given it a name now.
Those aren't the only two vaccines out there and I didn't take either of those. People in other countries are taking different ones too.

This is a GLOBAL pandemic so, you know, you have to consider the crap happening elsewhere and the tools used to deal with it.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Those aren't the only two vaccines out there and I didn't take either of those. People in other countries are taking different ones too.

This is a GLOBAL pandemic so, you know, you have to consider the crap happening elsewhere and the tools used to deal with it.
My point was to debunk one of the main conspiracy theories from ponpori’s post that you found so informative. Yes, there are many other vaccines out there. Astra Zeneca is pretty decent. India has a few things in the works, including a locally developed vaccine (which, by the way, they released to the population WELL before safety trials were completed, and there were definitely dodgy things that happened during those trials, including paying participants).

Sputnik, Sinovax, Sinopharm… supposedly decent attempts but not very good vaccines in terms of preventing illness, probably still good at preventing death. But I wouldn’t trust their safety data, nor would I trust India’s safety data… too many people not even tracked and none of those countries have a free press.

If you compared safety data and openness about side effects, etc, we are SO MUCH better off in the US and Europe. The vaccine approval process in India, Russia and China was basically… well, it seems fine with limited trial, we’re in a pandemic, we’re doing this and we can’t afford to wait to see if it’s really safe. It SHOULD be safe, let’s Go!!

Old 09-14-2021, 02:17 PM

Other things wrong with ponpiri’s post:
There’s no indication that Ivermectin will be required as a prophylactic. In fact, it’s the conspiracy theorists view that use if I is being surprised by the left to benefit big pharma. So, now ponpiri claims we are being set up to all have to take it? HUH???

Pregnancy trials for the vaccines: current indications are that vaccines do not affect pregnancies and that Covid is an increased risk if you are pregnant. OF COURSE you want safety trials for the vaccine in that case, to help reduce the impact of Covid on expectant women. What’s the alternative?

Old 09-14-2021, 02:48 PM

50 posts, read 226,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Took me several months, but as of today, I have played a big part in convincing 5 locals to not get the vaccine. I knew all of them, and all are below age 50. Persistence pays.

What have you done for your city and country lately?
I hope if any of them die of Covid, you'll be held responsible for their deaths.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:24 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Other things wrong with ponpiri’s post:
There’s no indication that Ivermectin will be required as a prophylactic. In fact, it’s the conspiracy theorists view that use if I is being surprised by the left to benefit big pharma. So, now ponpiri claims we are being set up to all have to take it? HUH???

Pregnancy trials for the vaccines: current indications are that vaccines do not affect pregnancies and that Covid is an increased risk if you are pregnant. OF COURSE you want safety trials for the vaccine in that case, to help reduce the impact of Covid on expectant women. What’s the alternative?
[url]https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04422561[/url]

Maybe Ponpiri knows more of such studies and intentions than the rest of us???

I don't know anything about this drug other than my husband was laughing about it last week because it's apparently used for parasites or something.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:11 PM

13,070 posts, read 7,502,913 times
^ worms.
Many chemicals and compounds will kill worms and are labeled for worm killing.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:57 AM

Quote:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04422561

Maybe Ponpiri knows more of such studies and intentions than the rest of us???

I don't know anything about this drug other than my husband was laughing about it last week because it's apparently used for parasites or something.
Ivermectin is used for parasites. ANY existing drug that’s supposed to have an effect (by lucky chance) against Covid is normally because it did so in a petri dish, typically at levels high enough to be unsafe if you were to dose a human being. Combine that with the sad evidence that people will demand 10 years of safety data from a vaccine, but the same folks will willingly consume high levels of the same drug from a cattle med supply (much MUCH stronger doses than for human) against doctors advice and with no clue as to an appropriate dose and you see why these folks really should be deferring to the experts on Covid related decisions.

Maybe he knows more than the rest of us? I just pointed out several facts he got wrong, including a conspiracy theory about what Pfizer vaccine has been given full FDA approval. Maybe people should realize that the simple truth is that our scientists have used the latest tech to come up with the best vaccine, and it is saving hundreds of thousands of lives, as have almost ALL vaccines over the last 100 years.

Don’t take cattle ivermectin. Don’t take hydroxychloroquine, don’t take snake oil that some desperate person claims is effective. Don’t listen to people on the internet. Don’t even listen to ME.

Just talk to your doctor.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:37 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,125,239 times
Here we go again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imgWlYLxvCE

Old 09-16-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I don't see this as a big problem. Booster shots are good if you want to be as sure as possible to not catch COVID, but not needed for the general public if we want to keep hospitalizations down. It's the usual issue... are you trying to judge what's best for one person, or for the entire country.

What's best for the entire country is for everyone to get vaccinated who hasn't already had COVID. If you've had COVID, probably a good idea to have at least one shot. When we get to 100% by adding up those two groups, the disease should recede as a public health threat (though will continue to kill those of us who are already frail.)

What's best for each *person* is to get vaccinated if you haven't had COVID and get at least one shot if you have. And if you are high risk, or want to eat indoors a lot, go to public events, etc., to get that booster shot.

The eventual decision is more about what the nation's goal and priority is.

For example, we could decide that it's best for the US as a whole to send as many vaccines as possible around the world, to reduce the overall level of COVID on the planet. Shot for shot, that is a better strategy than giving Americans a third shot. Foreign policy comes into play (competition versus Russia and China).

I know I'd forgo a booster shot if I knew that Americans were wising up and getting vaccinated. I hope that if I get a breakthrough infection, it would be extremely mild, and then I would have the same immunity from vaccine + natural COVID as someone who had natural COVID + vaccine.

Oh, and we REALLY need to establish a pass that includes people who test positive for COVID antibodies, either from vaccine or from natural COVID. We should have had that months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area